Using Minoxidil once a day vs twice?

gimmemorehair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Brand new to the forum, and have started a minoxidil regimen about 1.5 months ago, but pretty much just once a day because of the way the foam makes my hair look if I put it on in the morning and have to go out.

Any suggestions on making thin crown hair look thicker after applying in the morning? My thin hair looks best / most coverage if it is washed and dried with nothing in it.

Also - how do you guys ensure the majority of the foam is getting to the scalp? I have been putting a little foam on my hair and then making a lot of it stand up straight and putting the applicator tip on the skin between the hair and squirting very small amounts all over and then massaging the individual foam spots in all over. This is versus just putting a glob of the foam on my hand and splatting it down on top of my head :). Am I helping by doing this?

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil could help you avoid these problems.

Could use something like a dry powder, or perhaps a dry wax. You sound like you are doing a good job applying it, massaging is important for topical. You could also lightly needle to enhance absorption. Some people heat up the foam minoxidil and turn it into liquid, by surrounding the capful in warm water, or even microwaving. Foam minoxidil does not contain PG, but the liquid version does, which makes hair even more greasy. This is why some people turn foam into liquid as it may be easier to apply.

Fightingmyhairloss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Brand new to the forum, and have started a minoxidil regimen about 1.5 months ago, but pretty much just once a day because of the way the foam makes my hair look if I put it on in the morning and have to go out.

Any suggestions on making thin crown hair look thicker after applying in the morning? My thin hair looks best / most coverage if it is washed and dried with nothing in it.

Also - how do you guys ensure the majority of the foam is getting to the scalp? I have been putting a little foam on my hair and then making a lot of it stand up straight and putting the applicator tip on the skin between the hair and squirting very small amounts all over and then massaging the individual foam spots in all over. This is versus just putting a glob of the foam on my hand and splatting it down on top of my head :). Am I helping by doing this?
Same here. I use it once a night because of the way it makes my hair look.

BeHereNow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I have very long hair which I always keep tied up in a high pony tail or manbun (i.e. cover up game). I let it all down before I apply the minoxidil foam and massage my hair backwards before spraying a medium size blob into my palm and massaging in thoroughly. I then do a small blob on each temple recession area and massage upwards (starting to see some regrowth here). I then do a large blob in the crown area. I then let it dry in whilst I brush my teeth then tie my hair up again.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have very long hair which I always keep tied up in a high pony tail or manbun (i.e. cover up game). I let it all down before I apply the minoxidil foam and massage my hair backwards before spraying a medium size blob into my palm and massaging in thoroughly. I then do a small blob on each temple recession area and massage upwards (starting to see some regrowth here). I then do a large blob in the crown area. I then let it dry in whilst I brush my teeth then tie my hair up again.
You sound like a very good and fun bottom boy sex toy.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ohh did I hit a nerve? You are clearly a little f***** lol. Man buns are gay.

gpenx

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on minoxidil since 2013. Applying it once a day because twice a day is too hard to follow in my day to day.
Twice results are better than once a day, it's obvious. But once a day is better than no treatment.

esoteric716

My Regimen
Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading a couple years back about a study citing that results for once a day compared to 2x were minimal to non-existent.