Update On The New S5 Cream - 8 Mos In

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
I used s5 plus cream for a whole year. It did literally nothing don’t waste your money on it

I used it for 10 years, and I didn't lose any hair.... until they switched to a Chinese supplier. Now I am shedding like a dog.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It must be an illusion, because I honestly don't think I will go over 1000 grafts. Also, the A pic was taken when I thought my hair looked amazing (can't see hairline), and B was taken when I thought it looked horrible (direct lighting and separated). All subjective. Not the best comparison. Attached a pic with similar lighting to A pic. I'll be honest with myself and say it was a little bit of a dramatic post. 12 years in now, I know not to examine my hair every day in the mirror. I gave it a solid 8 months and was not happy.

Side note: So far so good with minoxidilmax essegen 6 5% minoxidil / 0.05% finasteride. Optimistic for the next few months, but we will see. Going to wait before pulling the trigger on FUE, because with a little styling, my hair still looks pretty good.
Wth. R u a wizard? How did u style it so well to cover up?

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Wth. R u a wizard? How did u style it so well to cover up?

Nothing. No product, no concealer, nothing. It's all camera angles and lighting. I need to chill out for a while and see where this goes. It is possible that I never recovered from the shed of not having the S5 cream at all. And now that I am on an even better topical anti androgen, I am quickly growing back the most recent lost hair. Time will tell. My hair is a damn rollercoaster right now.

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey inland, you are a forum legend to me. been here nearly 10 years now haha. it's a shame the admin decided to lock your other thread.

How do you feel about your new topical sides-wise? libido still solid?

Wave

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on S5 plus cream since early July 2017. It has done NOTHING for my hair. Don't waste money, folks. Stick to the Big 3 and hope you maintain as long as you can for some miracle cure.

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Another quick update. Right now it seems like I hit a massive shed a year ago from stopping S5. Going back on the chinese S5 did nothing, and I rode it out for 8 months and just kept shedding and shedding. The topical minoxidil / finasteride I am now on seems to have stopped the massive shed, and I'm hoping I get everything back from the past year. Still too early to tell, but I have a strong positive outlook. Either way, bottom line, new S5 is junk. Now matter how I look at it right now, my hair looks better than the pics from late last year.

initial

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another quick update. Right now it seems like I hit a massive shed a year ago from stopping S5. Going back on the chinese S5 did nothing, and I rode it out for 8 months and just kept shedding and shedding. The topical minoxidil / finasteride I am now on seems to have stopped the massive shed, and I'm hoping I get everything back from the past year. Still too early to tell, but I have a strong positive outlook. Either way, bottom line, new S5 is junk. Now matter how I look at it right now, my hair looks better than the pics from late last year.

Do you mind sharing which Topical finasteride/Min you're using? Getting any side effects?

I'm looking at either giving Morr-F a go or using the Hasson & Wong topical along with some Minoxidil (probably the spray Rogaine), but finding it hard to get many indications from real people that it's working as planned.

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you mind sharing which Topical finasteride/Min you're using? Getting any side effects?

I'm looking at either giving Morr-F a go or using the Hasson & Wong topical along with some Minoxidil (probably the spray Rogaine), but finding it hard to get many indications from real people that it's working as planned.

Currently using this: https://www.minoxidilmax.com/Essengen-6_Plus
Thinking about trying the dualgen
https://www.minoxidilmax.com/Minoxidil_Products_Compare

Bill69

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seen your post Is their not any other sites online that sell the topical version mate ?

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok guys finally time to post some good news. So basic rundown... was on S5 cream + minoxidil for 10 years, maintaining well. Stopped S5 because they stopped making it, bought the "alternative" water spray. Started shedding bad. Chinese S5 cream came out, bought that, never stopped shedding after 8 grueling months. Switched to essengen 6 2x a day from minoxidil max (topical finasteride + minoxidil). Shedding stopped within a couple weeks, and regrew everything from the previous 8 month shed. I keep looking at pics from last Summer until Christmas, and there is no doubt now, my hair was really bad, and now it looks freaking awesome. The wife and barber even noticed. She grabbed a handful of hair and said "your hair feels THICK." Check it out. Looking like 2009 up in here.

Attachments

• 20180307_191936.jpg
    20180307_191936.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 744
  • 20180307_192003.jpg
    20180307_192003.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 741
  • comparison.png
    comparison.png
    246.4 KB · Views: 861

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
The comparison photo has my hairline covered, so I brushed it over to the side as much as I could, trying to expose in direct lighting. The result is the same! It doesn't even look like the same head.

Attachments

• comparison 2.jpg
    comparison 2.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 612

initial

My Regimen
Reaction score
The comparison photo has my hairline covered, so I brushed it over to the side as much as I could, trying to expose in direct lighting. The result is the same! It doesn't even look like the same head.

Awesome results mate. Nice one - and props for sharing some actual photos.

I think you might have answered this elsewhere so apologies if I'm doubling up on a question; but did you get any of the dreaded finasteride sides, and do you think the 0.05% finasteride is enough to maintain the minoxidil regrowth?

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok guys finally time to post some good news. So basic rundown... was on S5 cream + minoxidil for 10 years, maintaining well. Stopped S5 because they stopped making it, bought the "alternative" water spray. Started shedding bad. Chinese S5 cream came out, bought that, never stopped shedding after 8 grueling months. Switched to essengen 6 2x a day from minoxidil max (topical finasteride + minoxidil). Shedding stopped within a couple weeks, and regrew everything from the previous 8 month shed. I keep looking at pics from last Summer until Christmas, and there is no doubt now, my hair was really bad, and now it looks freaking awesome. The wife and barber even noticed. She grabbed a handful of hair and said "your hair feels THICK." Check it out. Looking like 2009 up in here.

Where do you buy your essengen 6??

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bro, your hair bounced back very well. Great job on the latest comparison photos. You style your hair in a way that shows no male pattern baldness. What products do u use for styling?

I guess you don't live in the states since you can order the essegen, I tried and it won't let me.

What other products do u use besides essegen and at what frequency?

Thanks

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Bro, your hair bounced back very well. Great job on the latest comparison photos. You style your hair in a way that shows no male pattern baldness. What products do u use for styling?

I guess you don't live in the states since you can order the essegen, I tried and it won't let me.

What other products do u use besides essegen and at what frequency?

Thanks

I don't use any product, just the essengen. If you message them on the site, they will send it to you! I live in the US.