Update On The New S5 Cream - 8 Mos In

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Previous thread that was locked back in April:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...n-with-the-s5-plus-cream.104769/#post-1468880
The response to the previous thread is why I will never buy anything on this site again. Been a customer for a decade, had a legitimate concern. Had great maintenance success with the old s5 cream.

Anyways... 8 months on the Chinese s5 cream. Tried not to look in the mirror. Never stopped shedding, lost at least 500 hairs, maybe more. Switched to essengen 6 topical finasteride + minoxidil, hoping to minimize more damage.

Went from A to B in the photos within these 8 months. 34 years old, started thinning / receding at 22. Been browsing this site for 12 years.

EDIT: Photos aren't the best comparison, "A" was taken when I wanted it to look good (hair line covered, poor lighting), and "B" was taken as a worst case with the hair separated and direct lighting. See below for more accurate current pic.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 2,177
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 2,128
Last edited:

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Previous thread that was locked back in April:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...n-with-the-s5-plus-cream.104769/#post-1468880
The response to the previous thread is why I will never buy anything on this site again. Been a customer for a decade, had a legitimate concern. Had great maintenance success with the old s5 cream.

Anyways... 8 months on the Chinese s5 cream. Never stopped shedding, lost at least 500 hairs, maybe more. Switched to essengen 6 topical finasteride + minoxidil today, hoping to minimize more damage. My damn hairline on my right side is in the middle of my damn head now.

Went from A to B in the photos within these 8 months. 34 years old, started thinning receding at 22.

Seriously considering hair transplant at this point.
There's no way to get the original s5 cream anymore?

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, but I wouldn't buy it anyways. What is going on with this site? Crazy ads, pop ups, randomly trying to sell us dht block snake oil (I mean water) and now this. Sucks. Praying that my essengen helps me out.
Why would you buy something that helped you maintain your hair?

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dip in results bro. Hopefully ur new regimen will turn things around.

Ever tried making ur own? If u look thru bryans old posts he has his own very simple method of making his own 2-3% cream and it seemed pretty straight forward. Basically just ground up spironolactone tabs and mixed it into a basic cream like dermovan. spironolactone pills can be bought online at inhouse pharmacy.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dip in results bro. Hopefully ur new regimen will turn things around.

Ever tried making ur own? If u look thru bryans old posts he has his own very simple method of making his own 2-3% cream and it seemed pretty straight forward. Basically just ground up spironolactone tabs and mixed it into a basic cream like dermovan. spironolactone pills can be bought online at inhouse pharmacy.
How are his results

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Checking out a couple well known hair transplant experts in the area. Got one quote for $7200 / 1200 grafts. He said the count on my vertex and crown were nearly the same as the donor area, which means I still have more than I did in 2006. My frontal/temples are taking all the damage. Might need to start posting for the first time in the hair transplant area :)
This is all depending on the size of my bonus this year haha.

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoping admin doesn't come in again and drill me for being a "FUD'ster" and lock the thread, because people need to see this.
Is there any easy way to send the product to a lab to test it for its ingredients? Show proof that this is a $60 bottle of hand lotion?

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is fucked up... was actually considering purchasing treatments from this site but after this.. no thanks. Thanks for sharing btw

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
@inland i remember a while back you said spironolactone gave you very minor sides

now youve changed creams, have those sides gone now?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Checking out a couple well known hair transplant experts in the area. Got one quote for $7200 / 1200 grafts. He said the count on my vertex and crown were nearly the same as the donor area, which means I still have more than I did in 2006. My frontal/temples are taking all the damage. Might need to start posting for the first time in the hair transplant area :)
This is all depending on the size of my bonus this year haha.

This "expert" sounds like a dumbass. 1200 will do jack sh*t and f*** all on that area. If you're in the States the only people worth looking into are Baubac, Gabel and Konior. You're better off looking abroad though. Erdogan in Turkey, ******** and Feriduni in Belgium and Hasson + Wong in Canada.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Appreciate it mate. Pics as well. Hope you can turn things back in your favour.

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
@inland i remember a while back you said spironolactone gave you very minor sides

now youve changed creams, have those sides gone now?

Part of me believes they were always psychosomatic, but now I have no sides at all. But I don't think anyone would get sides from rubbing hand lotion on their head.

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
This "expert" sounds like a dumbass. 1200 will do jack sh*t and f*** all on that area. If you're in the States the only people worth looking into are Baubac, Gabel and Konior. You're better off looking abroad though. Erdogan in Turkey, ******** and Feriduni in Belgium and Hasson + Wong in Canada.

I went to the top 3 rated FUE surgeons in the midwest, and all 3 of them said no more than 1200. Maybe it's an illusion in the pics, but I only need about the area of a silver dollar or two max filled in. I have one dr that I want to go with, he knows his stuff, and I have seen his work multiple times and they all look amazing.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went to the top 3 rated FUE surgeons in the midwest, and all 3 of them said no more than 1200. Maybe it's an illusion in the pics, but I only need about the area of a silver dollar or two max filled in. I have one dr that I want to go with, he knows his stuff, and I have seen his work multiple times and they all look amazing.

Who is the "expert" and a silver dollar or two is absolutely tiny. Certainly won't fill as much area to what you had previously on the old S5 with that number of grafts.

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Who is the "expert" and a silver dollar or two is absolutely tiny. Certainly won't fill as much area to what you had previously on the old S5 with that number of grafts.

It must be an illusion, because I honestly don't think I will go over 1000 grafts. Also, the A pic was taken when I thought my hair looked amazing (can't see hairline), and B was taken when I thought it looked horrible (direct lighting and separated). All subjective. Not the best comparison. Attached a pic with similar lighting to A pic. I'll be honest with myself and say it was a little bit of a dramatic post. 12 years in now, I know not to examine my hair every day in the mirror. I gave it a solid 8 months and was not happy.

Side note: So far so good with minoxidilmax essegen 6 5% minoxidil / 0.05% finasteride. Optimistic for the next few months, but we will see. Going to wait before pulling the trigger on FUE, because with a little styling, my hair still looks pretty good.

Attachments

• 20180104_162843.jpg
    20180104_162843.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 940
Last edited:

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
It must be an illusion, because I honestly don't think I will go over 1000 grafts. Also, the A pic was taken when I thought my hair looked amazing (can't see hairline), and B was taken when I thought it looked horrible (direct lighting and separated). All subjective. Not the best comparison. Attached a pic with similar lighting to A pic.

Side note: So far so good with minoxidilmax essegen 6 5% minoxidil / 0.05% finasteride. Optimistic for the next few months, but we will see. Going to wait before pulling the trigger on FUE, because with a little styling, my hair still looks pretty good.

If you're just adding density to that area but not filling in the temples or lowering at all it should be fine, but personally I can't see the point and a greater cosmetic improvement is easily achievable.

I agree you should wait a bit on the minoxidilmax, if you do opt for the procedure you ought to go far more aggressive in the 2500-3000 graft range or I don't think it will be worth the hassle (and hair transplants are hassles) to begin with.