Update On Setipiprant Trial By Allergan

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Recent study:

"Of interest, our data bring evidence of an activation of MCs in Androgenetic Alopecia subjects as illustrated by the significant over-expression of MC markers, including prostaglandin D2 synthase (PTGDS) (p<0.01), KIT/c-kit, tryptases (TPSAB (p<0.001) and TPSAD (p<0.001)), chymase (CMA1) (p<0.005) and cathespin G (CTSG) (p<0.0005) (Fig.4, Table 3A). Expression of KIT/c-kit, has been shown to be positively controlled by GATA2 in a hair-cycle-dependent manner 25 and its significant up-regulation in the Androgenetic Alopecia subjects (p<0.002) reinforces a functional role of MC and epithelial KIT/c-kit expression in hair growth control."

MCs = mast cells.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Recent study:

"Of interest, our data bring evidence of an activation of MCs in Androgenetic Alopecia subjects as illustrated by the significant over-expression of MC markers, including prostaglandin D2 synthase (PTGDS) (p<0.01), KIT/c-kit, tryptases (TPSAB (p<0.001) and TPSAD (p<0.001)), chymase (CMA1) (p<0.005) and cathespin G (CTSG) (p<0.0005) (Fig.4, Table 3A). Expression of KIT/c-kit, has been shown to be positively controlled by GATA2 in a hair-cycle-dependent manner 25 and its significant up-regulation in the Androgenetic Alopecia subjects (p<0.002) reinforces a functional role of MC and epithelial KIT/c-kit expression in hair growth control."

MCs = mast cells.

Implicates the immune system in Androgenetic Alopecia as well, seemingly?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Implicates the immune system in Androgenetic Alopecia as well, seemingly?

That study does suggest so, yes.

one could hypothesize that mast cells contribute to the tissue remodeling process in the normal healthy hair follicle cycle, but also the Androgenetic Alopecia chain.

Following study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8528600 (rodent model)

"MC products delineated above, this suggests that MC could operate as "switchboards of tissue remodelling", by which neural, hormonal or immune system-derived signals regulate tissue homeostasis and restrueturing (5). Considering the tissue remodelling potential of MC and given that hair folliele cycling is a tightly controlled, dynatnic process involving dramatic changes in cell proliferation, differentiation and extracellular matrix composition (14, 16, 82), the concept of MC as modulators of hair follicle eycling appears quite persuasive."

Histopathological evidence has also showed in another study that the increase of mast cells was associated with perifollicular fibrosis in Androgenetic Alopecia subjects: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18286292.

"A relationship has been suggested between mast cells (MCs) and male pattern hair loss (MPHL), because of histological evidence of perifollicular fibrosis and increased mast cell numbers."... These findings suggest that accumulated MCs might be responsible for increased elastic fiber synthesis in MPHL, and indicate that future investigations are warranted."

Last edited:

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well guys I have bad news.. The top Physician at the research center said my hairloss is not severe enough.. Doesn't make sense to me requirements on clinical trials.gov said requirements were just"Patient has Androgenetic Alopecia " but I guess you have to be a NW3 or higher for this trial and I'm about a Norwood 1.5

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well guys I have bad news.. The top Physician at the research center said my hairloss is not severe enough.. Doesn't make sense to me requirements on clinical trials.gov said requirements were just"Patient has Androgenetic Alopecia " but I guess you have to be a NW3 or higher for this trial and I'm about a Norwood 1.5

That's very sensible from a research perspective in my opinion.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Recent study:

MCs = mast cells.

If this is right then JAK inhibitors works for Androgenetic Alopecia.

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
No sh*t, you must have been deeply surprise!

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
If this is right then JAK inhibitors works for Androgenetic Alopecia.

JAK inhibitors. Know how that goes?

Person 1. "Hey guys look at this sh*t, some oral JAK inhibitors work for AA, vitiligo, psoriasis"

Person 2. "Damn dude but these observations must strongly suggest that the biological activity of these compounds is present in the skin right when taken orally? You know around the hair follicle?"

Person 1. "Shut up you f*****g noob, you know that dermal superficial hyper plexus? It stops drug from migrating to bulge you shithead. Drugs don't normally migrate up you shithead" "Besides, we got da f*****g mice model brah. Dat tofactinib topical exerted strong action on that fur coat of our lab mice "pinky". If pinky ate the tofacitnib, his fur coat didn't grow so hard! Topical JAK Androgenetic Alopecia BRAH, only topical.

Person 2. "Ahh I'm sorry! Yes we need to look at pinky the mice instead of actual observations in humans. I'm so sorry, i'm so stupid! But wait so why you not try tofacitinib topically now? Isn't that where you based your research of initially, on pinky with tofactinib?

Person 1. "You so stupid again, you shithead. Look we need dat covalently JAK inhibitor" Tofacitinib = thrash.

f*****g LOL dude. If you really understand this, it's just too f*****g funny.

Dr. Nigam was more exciting.

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No sh*t, you must have been deeply surprise!
Well considering majority of clinical trial requirements say what stage of hairloss you need to be in order to participate in the trial and this one just said"patient has Androgenetic Alopecia" yes I'm quite surprised actually.. I could go to a dermatologist and he could say I have AA and guess what I would be a "patient with Androgenetic Alopecia " So yes smart *** I was surprised

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well considering majority of clinical trial requirements say what stage of hairloss you need to be in order to participate in the trial and this one just said"patient has Androgenetic Alopecia" yes I'm quite surprised actually.. I could go to a dermatologist and he could say I have AA and guess what I would be a "patient with Androgenetic Alopecia " So yes smart *** I was surprised
Not to be mean, but you shouldn't have been surprised. They are obviously going to want people who have clear and obvious balding. That means NW3 and up.

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Instead of making a new thread I'll just ask it here. Since my hairloss isn't sever enough to get into the study I'm planning on purchasing 100 grams of seti myself from the kaneshop.. Now I want to take this orally at 1g a day. It comes in powder so what do I do with it? Do I measure out 1g and poor it in some water and drink it? Lol any advice would be appreciated

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ramatroban is cheaper and stronger.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
Instead of making a new thread I'll just ask it here. Since my hairloss isn't sever enough to get into the study I'm planning on purchasing 100 grams of seti myself from the kaneshop.. Now I want to take this orally at 1g a day. It comes in powder so what do I do with it? Do I measure out 1g and poor it in some water and drink it? Lol any advice would be appreciated
capsules, you'll throw out if you swallow it with liquids.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it better than seti?

I don't either one will do much by itself. I did try ramatroban, and I noticed a decrease in shedding, but I never tried Seti. Seti is actually quite weak, but the rights to it were available for cheap.