Update On Setipiprant Trial By Allergan

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, so looking at the trial they have updated it.. The trial will no longer consist of Finasteride Placebo and Seti they took out finasteride and decided to Just have the Placebo and Seti... After seeing this I don't see the real risk of this study and I am now currently enrolling into the clinical
Trial. Once I'm enrolled I will let you guys know. But to all Seti users I will need your help to help me determine if I have the Placebo or the actual Seti
*Update*
I had a phone call and meeting I might not be able to do the trial because my hairloss may be too minor for the trial even though the trial says "Patient has to have AA" I will let you guys know in the next week

Last edited:

brohawk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, so looking at the trial they have updated it.. The trial will no longer consist of Finasteride Placebo and Seti they took out finasteride and decided to Just have the Placebo and Seti... After seeing this I don't see the real risk of this study and I am now currently enrolling into the clinical
Trial. Once I'm enrolled I will let you guys know. But to all Seti users I will need your help to help me determine if I have the Placebo or the actual Seti

That should be easy. Possible problems falling asleep if taken right before bed. Alertness like caffeine w/o the jitters if taken first thing in the a.m. Reduction in male pattern baldness itch. If you don't experience at least one of these, well...

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would they remove finasteride? Any ideas?

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They probably don't want people saying crap like "OMG it's 2017 and this thing doesn't even give better regrowth than finasteride". Totally ignoring the fact that just maintenance without major side effects would be huge. I recall reading one of the trials results and all people were doing was comparing the drug to the finasteride group.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
They probably don't want people saying crap like "OMG it's 2017 and this thing doesn't even give better regrowth than finasteride". Totally ignoring the fact that just maintenance without major side effects would be huge. I recall reading one of the trials results and all people were doing was comparing the drug to the finasteride group.

From a marketing perspective I think it's the best option for them.

"Same effectiveness as finasteride, fewer side effects."

Measuring that would be gold.

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That should be easy. Possible problems falling asleep if taken right before bed. Alertness like caffeine w/o the jitters if taken first thing in the a.m. Reduction in male pattern baldness itch. If you don't experience at least one of these, well...
Yeah that's the problem I know the side effects of the drug and the placebo effect could make me think I have those actual side effects but I'm not im on the Placebo lol I was hoping that maybe it had a distinct smell?

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe lack of participants because nobody wants to take the chance of getting finasteride? There has been quite some attention in the media about finasteride and its side effects especially since trump came into office

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not clear on that...the side effects are Trump's fault? Media is hyping the side effects to discredit Trump? I thought everything was Bush's fault. I think Trump is going to Make My Hair Great Again.

brohawk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that's the problem I know the side effects of the drug and the placebo effect could make me think I have those actual side effects but I'm not im on the Placebo lol I was hoping that maybe it had a distinct smell?

Good point, I should have thought of that. Smell is hard to describe and not that strong, but it tastes bitter as f*** and leaves a chalky feel in your mouth and both of those don't go away for quite a while, so maybe try that route.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe lack of participants because nobody wants to take the chance of getting finasteride? There has been quite some attention in the media about finasteride and its side effects especially since trump came into office

This.

Or maybe the fact that Finasteride would/will absolutely demolish any DP2 antagonist. No questions asked.

This sh*t ain't never going to hit the market. And in the rare chance that it will happen, we are doomed.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
This.

Or maybe the fact that Finasteride would/will absolutely demolish any DP2 antagonist. No questions asked.

This sh*t ain't never going to hit the market. And in the rare chance that it will happen, we are doomed.

It all depends on the signifiance of PGD2 in the entire balding process. People used to tell me RU is weaker than Finasteride but RU works for me when finasteride did not.

It's quite possible that some people will maintain on a high-enough dose of Setipiprant which I don't think anyone here can afford at the moment. However the sleep side-effects are worrying, as I get sleep side-effects from AA's as well. So it seems to be a common thread there.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not clear on that...the side effects are Trump's fault? Media is hyping the side effects to discredit Trump? I thought everything was Bush's fault. I think Trump is going to Make My Hair Great Again.
Funny enough, Trump himself uses Finasteride.

SkinDiesel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This.

It all depends on the signifiance of PGD2 in the entire balding process. People used to tell me RU is weaker than Finasteride but RU works for me when finasteride did not.

It's quite possible that some people will maintain on a high-enough dose of Setipiprant which I don't think anyone here can afford at the moment. However the sleep side-effects are worrying, as I get sleep side-effects from AA's as well. So it seems to be a common thread there.
Have you suffered many sides from RU? Desperately close to starting it myself but slightly concerned regarding the lack of research

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This.

Okay this is what I don't understand. Yeah swoop I know you're considered one of the more knowledgeable guys on this forum about hairloss but why do you say that? Do you have proof, data or research to prove that the PG theory isn't going to work or is it just your "gut" feeling?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay this is what I don't understand. Yeah swoop I know you're considered one of the more knowledgeable guys on this forum about hairloss but why do you say that? Do you have proof, data or research to prove that the PG theory isn't going to work or is it just your "gut" feeling?

Well what reasons would there be too suggest it would match itself with finasteride overall? I'm not saying it can't be viable but it definitely isn't a "tier 1 treatment".

By all means good luck in the trial though. The data will give us the final answer.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If they included Finasteride in the trial it would only make it more obvious that seti is a subpar treatment.

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well what reasons would there be too suggest it would match itself with finasteride overall? I'm not saying it can't be viable but it definitely isn't a "tier 1 treatment".

By all means good luck in the trial though. The data will give us the final answer.
I know what you mean and I understand that but if DHT was the main culprit wouldn't you think many people could fully recover or have better regrowth and be able to maintain forever? I know there's other biological processes and things I'm slipping out on cause I'm trying to keep it short lol
Im just trying to stay positive and hope that the PG Theory might play a big role like we have been told before! But thanks man ill let you guys all know how it goes

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If PGD2 is truly downstream of DHT, then there should be no benefit to combining anti-PGD2 drugs like seti with finasteride.

Thoughts?

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If PGD2 is truly downstream of DHT, then there should be no benefit to combining anti-PGD2 drugs like seti with finasteride.

Thoughts?
Couldn't find the relevant thread, so;

How is your experience with RU? Where do you get it from?

Thanks in advance,