Update: My experience with PDRN + rolling

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Since 6 months ago I have been: Rolling with derma pen at 1.5mm every other sunday + applying drops of PDRN an hour later. (anti-aging face serum bio pdrn dermaline). I apply a minimal amount: take a 1/2ml and don't squeeze the droplet, just hit it gently against my scalp until is gone. PDRN is commonly used in derma practice for rejuvenation in combination with wounding.

There was a discussion about PDRN a while back, started by @FollicleGuardian

I have rolled for years on and off without results.
I have been doing head massages as well for 1 year. But frankly the growth (which is extremely visible to me in the mirror when I part my hair) only happened over the last few months.

This is not a recommendation. I have been on this forum for way too long to be trolling anyone. The after picture is with a flash ... to my surprise. I had to double check that the flash was working.

Conclusion: Hair looks pathetic still, but some encouraging progress?

Last edited:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like you gained a bunch for sure even towards the back. You might get a better indication of progress if you did shave it though, easily to tell and probably a lot more manageable.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definite regrowth, congrats! I would consider shaving or a close-cut and keeping up the regime. Would make the needling easier, waste less PDRN and you can always grow it longer as the regrowth continues.

Where do you get your PDRN?

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I got it from ebay,... similar products are available on the shelf in some countries (especially in Asia).

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, once every two weeks. At 1.25-1.5mm.
The left is from 2021 summer, and the right is from last week.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The idea is simple. As Ralph Paus said, everything that is good for regeneration is good for hair.
PDRN has been shown to be good for reg...
I think people are not impressed because some minoxidil results are way more impressive.

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
So it does penetrate the skin with needling.. Anoyone knows if Someone else got results? I remember the thread of the cookie

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is impressive. Your improvement could be simply from dermarolling though. If your pdrn is legit for sure tho then perhaps its helping

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, once every two weeks. At 1.25-1.5mm.
The left is from 2021 summer, and the right is from last week.

Nice definite improvement. Are you drawing blood when your are microneedling?

Do you recommend a certain PDRN product? There's a few on ebay lol

Last edited:

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The right one is blurry and seem concealer used (toppick type). Have you a new image better focused?
I know you did not mean to insult me, but this comment did not sit well with me. No I am not using a toppick and not engaged in deception.

It is a bit out of focus however yes.

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I thought so too, if you zoom in on the photo you can see it as a dust. Maybe it's the distorted image.