Update From The God Himself - Dr. Takashi Tsuji

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
No chance anybody here knows. This question just leads to blind speculation.
Blind speculator here, the answer is no. The prices they wanted to charge are insane and anyone with money probably realizes that there is no profit long term for this, as they will eventually be beaten by a competitor seeing that 4-5 companies are now roughly in the same spot (that we know of, maybe more like L'oreal behind close doors).

Maybe some uber rich Japenese bald dudes takes a flyer and fund the initiative or a company offers them a partnership to redo the pricing and market plan, but no investment fund or serious investor is touching this.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Blind speculator here, the answer is no. The prices they wanted to charge are insane and anyone with money probably realizes that there is no profit long term for this, as they will eventually be beaten by a competitor seeing that 4-5 companies are now roughly in the same spot (that we know of, maybe more like L'oreal behind close doors).

Maybe some uber rich Japenese bald dudes takes a flyer and fund the initiative or a company offers them a partnership to redo the pricing and market plan, but no investment fund or serious investor is touching this.

The total new investments needed equal about $15M right? If you could market Tsuji's solution in 2 years or so, I guess there would be enough celebrities, royalty, business tycoons, athletes and other filthy rich people to even get a profit on that investment even with those crazy prices. I think the tech itself is also not that good (yet).

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
The total new investments needed equal about $15M right? If you could market Tsuji's solution in 2 years or so, I guess there would be enough celebrities, royalty, business tycoons, athletes and other filthy rich people to even get a profit on that investment even with those crazy prices. I think the tech itself is also not that good (yet).
I think he needed 4 million to do the first trials and something after, so sure it could be 15 million. Did you their price targets to be part of the full trials? They were planning to charge people 500-800k to be a lab rat after the safety & proof of human success trial. What celebrity or rich person is signing up to do that? Most of these guys have to be in the public eye and are not going to risk getting botched and spending insane money to do it.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think he needed 4 million to do the first trials and something after, so sure it could be 15 million. Did you their price targets to be part of the full trials? They were planning to charge people 500-800k to be a lab rat after the safety & proof of human success trial. What celebrity or rich person is signing up to do that? Most of these guys have to be in the public eye and are not going to risk getting botched and spending insane money to do it.
I would totally do it. If it works in phase I then what is there to go wrong in phase II?

Also, I think the Japanese government pays the fee for participating in the clinical trial. As long as you're a trial participant I think it's free of charge for the patient.

Marcaronii

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are much better and cheaper ones than Tsuji. There's Stemson, Yokohama, L'Oreal. Tsuji is not the be all and end all, there's others out there too.
I know, but I'm losing density real quick. I can't afford another 5 more years... :(

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would totally do it. If it works in phase I then what is there to go wrong in phase II?

Also, I think the Japanese government pays the fee for participating in the clinical trial. As long as you're a trial participant I think it's free of charge for the patient.
It can work in a patch of 1cm, but it doesn't prove anything about the long term durability of the procedure. Even if I'm worth well into the 8 figures, why would I pay for this without a serious guarantee of outcome? At that level of wealth you can have the most indistinguishable hairpiece custom crafted for you and get much better assurance of quality if you're that desperate for hair just like a few of the top Hollywood guys are doing. Also, if what you said is true, why would they even bother releasing prices for clinical trial patients?

I think it should be obvious to everyone that something is clearly wrong here, otherwise they would have already closed an investment deal for the initial 4 million and been in preparation of human trials.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not very patriotic, nor much of a gentleman, nor in possession of any sort of sense of humor, are we now, byebyehair?

Eh. Baldness is a hard cross to bear so I give you a pass but please state what your objections are to any statements that I make in the future so I can take note and improve myself but just hitting dislike does very little for anyone and it kind of hurts my feelings, to be honest.

Janey
For the love of god not every comment should be an article

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It can work in a patch of 1cm, but it doesn't prove anything about the long term durability of the procedure. Even if I'm worth well into the 8 figures, why would I pay for this without a serious guarantee of outcome? At that level of wealth you can have the most indistinguishable hairpiece custom crafted for you and get much better assurance of quality if you're that desperate for hair just like a few of the top Hollywood guys are doing. Also, if what you said is true, why would they even bother releasing prices for clinical trial patients?

I think it should be obvious to everyone that something is clearly wrong here, otherwise they would have already closed an investment deal for the initial 4 million and been in preparation of human trials.
I would never wear a hairpiece, I don't care how well made it is. Not everyone thinks like you, someone will pay it. I wouldn't pay that much for it either, but if I had a hundred million, I would pay one percent of it to get the treatment two years early. There are a limited number of spots available. If you're looking for a 100% guarantee that doesn't exist. Even after clinical trials are done you still won't have your guarantee that it will last for years and be safe long term. You'll have basically the same level of assurance that someone participating in the phase II trial will have, little more