Update From The God Himself - Dr. Takashi Tsuji

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sp whats the issue with taking this human hair and transplanting it on your head? would that work at this point? I assume the one thing that could happen is some immune effect but these are your own cells so maybe not

That's what I wonder too. Could it be possible (though really unpractical and unethical) to take your DNA, create a mouse that grows your hair, harvest the grafts from the mouse and insert it into your head?

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score

Oof. Very difficult Japanese. No guarantee I got that completely right. So far:

"(...) The administration of male hormone controlling drugs has been limited in success. In medical college research institutes the hair producing organ called hair follicle is produced in the regenerative medicine department and curing transplantation development is worked on with full force. Heads of development report to increase three types of cells, furthermore produce a large quantity of follicles from these three type of cells at a designated machine."

To be continued.

According to the research group 5000 follicles equivalent to 10000 hair can be produced in arround 20 days.From next month on, implanting in animals the safety experiment will start. If everything goes smoothly we want to implement (the procedure) in two years.
Tsuji:" Our expectations relating to hair follicle regeneration are high. We want to achieve improvement as soon as possible."

Last edited:

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
When was this video recorded? Within two years...2022-2022 f*** ..

No , it would be more like 2021. They want to have it implemented in the year after the next one. That's the correct translation I think.

E: Oh the video was published 04.06.2018. So old news.

Balaboit

My Regimen
Reaction score
They say you need to have intact hair follicles, in order for the cells to be able to regenerate hair. How does one know if his are intact or not?

Last edited:

Balaboit

My Regimen
Reaction score
They make hair.
Look at the end of the first video. It says that it only works if you have intact hair follicles. So they do not make hair, they regenerate the one that you already have.

Medusa01

My Regimen
Reaction score
a year has passed since the last announcement on riken twitter. Has anyone responded to your email recently?

R.O.E

My Regimen
Reaction score
Intact hair means some of it, and most of NW7 still have some on their donor area

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Intact hair means some of it, and most of NW7 still have some on their donor area

Yes but are these hair completely resistant to DHT? Many NW7 seem to be quite thin.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at the end of the first video. It says that it only works if you have intact hair follicles. So they do not make hair, they regenerate the one that you already have.

From what I understand, they are taking some hair that you already have, replicating and engineering the cells, and implanting these cells all over your head for a desired full head of hair. They also are apparently able to control the density of hair as well.
(This is a very very simplified version of the actual process).

Balaboit

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I understood from the video, those cells migrate to where the hair follicles are, and make them grow hair again. But if the hair follicles were severely damaged, the treatment wouldn't work. It says this at the end of video 1. In other words, if you have been bald for many years, those follicules may be completely damaged, and the cells they make in the laboratory won't be able to attach to those follicles and make them grow hair again.

Last edited: