Update From The God Himself - Dr. Takashi Tsuji

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why ain't nobody excited? Need some hype...

This is his crowning achievement so far, growing a few hairs on a mouse. Many a slip between cup and lip as they say.

hair_img01.gif

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Last year, Japan introduced sweeping changes to its regulation of “regenerative medicine” therapeutics, a novel product classification that includes a range of human cell- and tissue-based biologics. Under the terms of the amended Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and Other Therapeutic Products Act, clinical trial sponsors now have the option to seek market approval for up to 7 years for regenerative medicine products for which data from early phase trials demonstrate safety and are 'likely to predict efficacy.'"

i read somewhere that after this recent legislation japan can move products to market after phase ii trials, someone correct me if im wrong. either way, this new law is generally much more favorable to these treatments than the usa

I read up on the Japanese stem cell law a while ago and from what I recall the accelerated licensing represents a conditional approval period during which ALL CASES MUST BE DOCUMENTED AND FOLLOWED CLOSELY FOR PROBLEMS. ie. Everyone who gets the therapy during the conditional period is a "study participant" and must be seen for regular follow up.

This almost certainly means the only people that will be able to get it during this period will be native Japanese citizens. I think it's a 3-5 year period, but it was months ago when I tried looking into the law so I don't recall.

After that, the company can use this data to apply for full approval and the therapy becomes generally open to everyone.

Either way, incredible if Tsuji gets there and he will deserve all the hype and adoration if he does. Very cool.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If their issue is the price, then being bald is the least of their problems. Probably fat, ugly, and broke yet complains baldness is the reason they’re depressed.

If you can’t work hard to fix your bald *** head, you don’t deserve the hair. Move aside and let people who’s willing to take out loans or save $$$ get it. They truly want hair.

From what height were you dropped as a baby? The kind of sh*t you're saying here is usually spouted by 19-year-olds who just got their first job that pays above minimum wage and think that being able to always afford Guacamole at Chipotle means the sky is the limit financially.

This is initially going to be done by transplant surgeons; guys who are used to doing 10, 20, 30 grand a surgery.

They are not going to work for less on something that can offer unlimited hair and will require just as much, sh*t maybe more, skill to administer.

They could very easily charge double a standard FUE price for this until the day they automate it fully. Like, easily down payment on a good house's worth. That's not even considering travel costs to one of the most expensive countries in the world.

I know because I've looked into this sh*t: I live in Canada, among the most developed countries in the world and guess what? Only the top 20% of Canadians earn more than 50k a year, that's about 39,000 USD.

In a time when rent, taxes, unemployment, etc. are at an all-time high, most people are simply not going to have the savings to pay for this kind of treatment. Most people cannot afford good hair transplants as it is.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is his crowning achievement so far, growing a few hairs on a mouse. Many a slip between cup and lip as they say.

View attachment 86654

This is why I've always been so skeptical of his timelines. But we're less than 2 years away from his projected target and he's sticking to his guns. So maybe he's been doing well in private and just not publishing/publicizing anything about it because now it's all for profit and not for science.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good nees is always nice to hear. Not to be a downer , but i still dont see anyway this comes to market in 2020. From all the treatments on hairloss this is the most cutting edge technology and without much argument the hardest treatment and research project which should have influence in other fields of medicine, and more important than hairloss as well. I really hope not, but i see no way they dont encounter more problens that they can count when human trials begin.

Seriously sorry for being the voice of skepticism considering the good news, but if we still have to wait for years for something like an equol+dgla combination and 10+ years for whatever follica is doing, it seems like scifi to me to go from those kind of treatments to this one in a couple of years.

The jump is gigantic imho, since i just watched lost in space, it's like like going from finasteride to robbing an alien treatment to permanently cure hairloss.

There is an interview from Tsuji from 2010? (Not sure) where he states that this could be available by the end of the decade, so it ain't new ;)

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even though I couldn't afford it and I think actual regrowth would be better, if Tsuji's reasonable attempt at a cure fails then we're doomed. There needs to at least be some way out of this

inmyhead

Reaction score
I just don't understand you guys. Of course this is going to be expensive at first, but knowing that there is a solution out there and it will get cheaper with time is definitely warming. It's way better to know that you might be able to afford treatment in 2 years then to hope that some cure will be developed in 5 years. We go form - hope for new treatments to be invented in 5 years -> save up money for cure and get it in few years. See the big difference?

SheddieMurphy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is why I've always been so skeptical of his timelines. But we're less than 2 years away from his projected target and he's sticking to his guns. So maybe he's been doing well in private and just not publishing/publicizing anything about it because now it's all for profit and not for science.

everyone is following the plan until the actual trials and the moment they need to show results

Last edited:

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hes japanese bro lol give him a break. the fact that its coherent at all is impressive tbh, my email to him was straight up from google translate im sure it made close to zero sense
Doesn't he speak English tho? Thanks for the news anyway
Doctor Tsuji said me
I read this in a cute french accent

Been on the hype train for almost two years, tomorrow's my birthday LET'S GET IT BOYS
giphy.gif

all_aboard_the_hype_train

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 23. I'd rather kill myself than piss away 5 years waiting for a treatment. These are supposed to be the best years of my life

You and me need to figure out how to be lab rats for one of these clinical trials

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what height were you dropped as a baby? The kind of sh*t you're saying here is usually spouted by 19-year-olds who just got their first job that pays above minimum wage and think that being able to always afford Guacamole at Chipotle means the sky is the limit financially

Just lol. Beautifully written. Millennial kids like that are such silly tryhards, I feel guilty when laugh at their stupidity that will ultimately lead them to misery.

SheddieMurphy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Eagerly awaiting Tsuji's son to register an account and posting pics of people who recreated the treatment in their garage.

Of course there is always the option that your son comes up with some guy who recreated the treatment in his garage and provides some pics as well....

lmao. had the same thought earlier today.

it's all good until he starts explaining himself to some random kid on facebook.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know guys, but why would they let random people know what they have achieved and what they haven't?
It's a little bit bizarre, isn't it?
Could it be sheer excitement about what they have achieved and they are about to deliver?
Maybe.
Nonetheless, it's bizarre they let us know about OGT's development ... I find.