Up - regulation of androgen receptor by heat shock protein 27 and miR - 1 induces pathogenesis of androgenic alopecia

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does this mean having hot daily showers unregulated headstock protein and hence AR activity hence hair loss ?

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** me. I checked the literature and Sauna increases HSP27 and Mir-1 at least temporarily... but it is supposed to be good for health in many ways. I go to sauna literally everyday but I value hair more than anything else.

In here, they analyzed people who die in sauna from heat exposure, and tissues present high quantities of HSP27 staining in the samples (creepy study ngl): https://www.researchgate.net/figure...ue-positive-HSP27-staining-200_fig3_348485115

Im confused and paranoid now cos my regime is hardcore. But idk, maybe having a temporary raise shouldn't matter enough, like Finns dont seem to bald more than rest of europe and they sauna everyday.

But would suck to nocebo myself into some unproven theory lmao

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So anything that heat the scalp is bad for hair .... hats .. hot showers .. does cold do the opposite ?

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt a normal hot shower or sunny day will increase much HSPs. For heat shock proteins to go up you must be really really hot (death tier level if prolonged) like a sauna.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does this mean having hot daily showers unregulated headstock protein and hence AR activity hence hair loss ?
This is not something to worry about. People went bald long before they had hot showers

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Cyanidin 3-O-arabinoside suppresses DHT-induced dermal papilla cell senescence by modulating p38-dependent ER-mitochondria contacts​

AR transcription activity was increased by about 250% with DHT, but significantly decreased to control levels with C3A pretreatment (Fig. 2E). DHT-bound AR interacts with heat shock protein 27 (HSP27). When phosphorylated HSP27 is bound with AR, it translocates into the nucleus [28, 29]. Therefore, we assumed that C3A would inhibit AR nuclear translocation by affecting the interaction between AR and HSP27. We found that DHT increased the phosphorylation of HSP27, which was decreased with C3A pretreatment (Fig. 2F)

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Effects of dihydrotestosterone on rat dermal papilla cells in vitro​

DHT also induced the phosphorylation and nuclear translocation of heat shock protein 27 (HSP27). Moreover, DHT decreased the levels of total and nuclear β-catenin, an important regulator of hair growth and proliferation, while lithium chloride, a glycogen synthase kinase-3β inhibitor, attenuated the DHT-induced downregulation of the β-catenin level. On the other hand, DHT increased the phosphorylation of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR), a regulator of proliferation, in immortalized DPCs. These results illustrate that DHT could shorten the duration of the hair growth cycle by initiating cell-cycle arrest, downregulating the β-catenin level, and upregulating the TGF-β/Smad and HSP27 level, whereas activation of mTOR by DHT could attenuate the inhibition of hair growth cycle in immortalized DPCs.

1657995571268.png

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Membrane-associated androgen receptor (AR) potentiates its transcriptional activities by activating heat shock protein 27 (HSP27)​

So it seems its more DHT/high AR activity is raising HSP27 than the other way around? You guys are surely panicking me about my heavy sauna use lol

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
So it seems its more DHT/high AR activity is raising HSP27 than the other way around? You guys are surely panicking me about my heavy sauna use lol
HSPs do increase before catagen

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Cyanidin 3-O-arabinoside suppresses DHT-induced dermal papilla cell senescence by modulating p38-dependent ER-mitochondria contacts​

AR transcription activity was increased by about 250% with DHT, but significantly decreased to control levels with C3A pretreatment (Fig. 2E). DHT-bound AR interacts with heat shock protein 27 (HSP27). When phosphorylated HSP27 is bound with AR, it translocates into the nucleus [28, 29]. Therefore, we assumed that C3A would inhibit AR nuclear translocation by affecting the interaction between AR and HSP27. We found that DHT increased the phosphorylation of HSP27, which was decreased with C3A pretreatment (Fig. 2F)
Anyone thinking of trying this? Paper says low sides and toxicity, it's a natural compound so maybe procurable and cheap... Seems it works differently than other AAs, so could be synergistic.