Ultra Hair Clinic Birmingham Any Recommendations

craig2380

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all.
I finally went for a consultation today after many years of finding reasons not to do it. And I now feel happy, excited but nervous. I have ordered two systems which are the rubber type base but with a lace hairline.
1100 pounds for two. I am hoping I have not paid over the odds. My idea is to get going with this company until I am confident and then look at doing everything myself. Apart from cuts obviously.
So I have go to wait a couple of weeks for hair to be a bit longer for a colour match then they can get made and we can see if it is worth the money. I will post some pics up when it’s all done.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am assuming that at that price, they are custom.

What is their policy if it's the wrong, anything?

I NEVER order two systems out the gate for a customer in the event that even if it's perfect at the beginning, we usually tweak things going forward (color, density, size, etc).

craig2380

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am assuming that at that price, they are custom.

What is their policy if it's the wrong, anything?

I NEVER order two systems out the gate for a customer in the event that even if it's perfect at the beginning, we usually tweak things going forward (color, density, size, etc).

Yes it is a custom system. I want to use a recognised place to begin with til I am confident enough to do it all on my own.
Is the price about right for a custom system?

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think £550 per system including the cut in seems reasonable, especially for a business with the overheads of a salon.

I agree with Bald Bearded. Personally, I would order one and see what the quality and service is like and if wearing is even for me.

How long did they say it will take to get your pieces?

craig2380

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think £550 per system including the cut in seems reasonable, especially for a business with the overheads of a salon.

I agree with Bald Bearded. Personally, I would order one and see what the quality and service is like and if wearing is even for me.

How long did they say it will take to get your pieces?

I am going back beginning of January for colour matching I always wet shave my head so I only have 5 days growth on it at moment but it seems like it’s growing pretty fast. Got the hats out ready to wear everywhere as I hate the monk look

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Once you have grown your hair out a little and they colour match, how long have they said they will take to get your new pieces ready?

Its best to try one piece first. A rubber (I think this is "skin" piece) isn't very breathable (as for example, full lace) or as durable. Why have a full skin piece and a bit of lace at the front? I have heard of lace with skin at the front too.

Did they explain the options and pro/cons of each?

craig2380

My Regimen
Reaction score
Once you have grown your hair out a little and they colour match, how long have they said they will take to get your new pieces ready?

Its best to try one piece first. A rubber (I think this is "skin" piece) isn't very breathable (as for example, full lace) or as durable. Why have a full skin piece and a bit of lace at the front? I have heard of lace with skin at the front too.

Did they explain the options and pro/cons of each?

I have just emailed them about the bases after doing research it seems lace is more durable so when I go back I will discuss the options. I was worried about the skin base as it must be less breathable than the lace. I should have done a check list before I went really. That would be a great idea for the experienced guys on here to help with maybe.

Ljames

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any update how you have got on with this salon? Or are you still discussing options with them?

themotion_

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long do you have to wait for it to be fitted? I’m currently looking at different systems but it doesn’t seem to state how long you have to wait before you can go to the salon and have it fitted..

Noah

Reaction score
Custom made systems take about 2 months to make. But a lot of salon chains have a big inventory of stock systems which they cut down to size. Those you can usually get pretty quickly - 10 days or less.

themotion_

My Regimen
Reaction score
Custom made systems take about 2 months to make. But a lot of salon chains have a big inventory of stock systems which they cut down to size. Those you can usually get pretty quickly - 10 days or less.

I’m new to the whole topic of hair systems so forgive me for my ignorance. Would you recommend getting a stock system before a custom one is made?

Are the stock ones of a high quality/undetectable?

Noah

Reaction score
Yes, there is no difference in quality. There is also no real difference in undetectability to sight either. With a stock piece you are not getting a customised fit, so the fit might not be quite as snug as a custom piece, and that might lead to it being slightly more detectable to the touch, depending on how well the curve of your head matches the standard curvature of the stock piece. But if you are keen to get hair on your head asap, and you can get a stock piece which has a good colour match, I would say go for it.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any update how you have got on with this salon? Or are you still discussing options with them?

Hi, I had my hair system fitted yesterday
at Ultra hair. Really pleased with the outcome as the system looks amazing. Still getting used to it as I was really apprehensive to begin with lol!

craig2380

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi.
I am going there I a couple of months. I decided to get a system from another local company as they had one in I could have a week later I am sad to say that it was a poor decision on my part but am making the best of it for now ☹️

themotion_

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I had my hair system fitted yesterday
at Ultra hair. Really pleased with the outcome as the system looks amazing. Still getting used to it as I was really apprehensive to begin with lol!

Would you care to show the result?

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Yh sure

Attachments

• 20200125_212148.jpg
    20200125_212148.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 199