Tsuji Interview Incoming - Ask Your Questions Now!

Billy-D2016

Reaction score
Is this gunna work for people with DUPA?

And surely he can't make something 'available' to the public and then have it crazy expensive? It would be useless then if it was the 'wonder cure' and no one could afford it..

Poor people go bald to you know :(
A lot of people are worried about this. Many young people have extremely thin hairs on the back and side. @Admin - can you please ask if beard hairs can be used as a viable source of donor hair

TJT

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am wondering if there is an upper limit on the density hair density that should be achievable with his method.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am wondering if there is an upper limit on the density hair density that should be achievable with his method.
That was the very first question suggested in this thread.

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey does anyone know what day this interview is? I'm dying to read to it. One of the few I actually have hope for haha.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a canned response. They've been giving the same one to everybody.

This is because they probably get slammed with emails from anxious, angry, frustrated people all the time.

Let us contact them in an official capacity instead, and I promise that we will get better, more thorough information.

The teams I've spoken to so far have expressed frustration at the onslaught of emails from the consumer public that they have to deal with on a weekly basis. It actually makes them want to share information less. I don't blame you guys at all. But bear with me. We will get the information you want.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update on Tsuji Interview:

Simply put, he hasn't responded since August 16th when he said he would take 10 questions.

I have emailed him twice since, suggesting a possible voice call with a Japanese speaking journalist, and showing him the Pipeline page we created with his project on it. No reply.

At this point I think maybe we should just send the 10 questions and wait for a response. I am not too hip to this method, as its very possible he may write short, quick answers consisting of few words, leaving everyone with 100 new questions and frustration. That's why I wanted to do the phone interview in Japanese. At the same time, I don't want to bother him by nagging.

In the meantime, we are going to post the 9 billion questions you guys asked into a "Poll", and everyone will pick their 10 favorite questions. Via this method, we will hopefully come to some consensus on which 10 they will be. We may need a couple iterations of the poll as we whittle them all down. But it should be interesting and fun either way.

Admin

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd just wait. He's no doubt busy as hell. It's only been a week and some change since you last heard from him.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1. Is this technology still in the research phase of development?

1b. And if so, then when do you expect to take Hair Primordiums technology to pre-clinical and eventually phase 1 clinical trials?

2. Will you be injecting a concoction of primordium and other ingredients into scalps, or will it be implanting primordium or germination cells one at a time?

Thanks for your time and have a great day!

Last edited:

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Is this technology still in the research phase of development?

1b. And if so, then when do you expect to take Hair Primordiums technology to pre-clinical and eventually phase 1 clinical trials?

2. Will you be injecting a concoction of primordium and other ingredients into scalps, or will it be implanting primordium or germination cells one at a time?

Thanks for your time and have a great day!
I can answer these.
1. Yes; they are working on a mass production method of creating the hair germs. They plan to take it to clinical trials before April 2019.
2. The will be autografting germs into the scalp. I believe these germs are amall pellets but I may be wrong.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone know why Riken are not utilising IPS cells in their hair regeneration research?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone know why Riken are not utilising IPS cells in their hair regeneration research?

I don't really see why they would. The plan is to take the necessary cells from existing follicles - much easier that IPS cells. However, other research has been done showing that IPS cells can work in regenerating hair, so it's not unforeseeable that if a patient didn't have any existing follicles, IPS cells could be used in their stead.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can answer these.
1. Yes; they are working on a mass production method of creating the hair germs. They plan to take it to clinical trials before April 2019.
2. The will be autografting germs into the scalp. I believe these germs are amall pellets but I may be wrong.

Thanks, Pray. I am betting any of Aclaris, Christiano and-or perhaps Jahoda, too, will be in the news again sometime before these people even get to phase 1 safety trials, and it will be a topical cream which will grow hair. Just a hunch.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think Aclaris will be good for AA not Androgenetic Alopecia.

Yes they are a clinical stage specialty pharma. Theyre already in pre-clinical phase for oral and topical JAK-inibs for AA. Topical much more effective growing hair for AA, AT & AU patients than oral doses according to Christiano's research. And people with Androgenetic Alopecia will likely try it once it's produced.

And then there is Christiano's other startup company, Rapunzel:

The challenge, to date, has been getting scalp stem cells to turn into actual hair follicles — for years, scientists could only get them to morph into standard fibroblasts, which are cells that create generic connective tissue. Christiano’s lab has now found that it can grow actual hair on a 3-D scaffold of tissue culture medium doused with a mix of growth factors.

“Rat hair, that is — we can grow rat hair like it’s no tomorrow,” Christiano said. “But we think we can do it with human hair, too.”

Christiano has worked with other renowned hair biology experts, like Colin Jahoda, Claire Higgins to name but two. She has been relentless in her work. I think we will be hearing more from Christiano in the next few years. She's been prominent in hair news in the last few years and driven to find a solution.

Last edited:

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes they are a clinical stage specialty pharma. Theyre already in pre-clinical phase for oral and topical JAK-inibs for AA. Topical much more effective growing hair for AA, AT & AU patients than oral doses according to Christiano's research. And people with Androgenetic Alopecia will likely try it once it's produced.

And then there is Christiano's other startup company, Rapunzel:

Christiano has worked with other renowned hair biology experts, like Colin Jahoda, Claire Higgins to name but two. I think we will be hearing more from Christiano in the next few years. She's been prominent in hair news in the last few years, and I think she is driven.
What's the difference between Rapunzel and Tsuji's work?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dont know but it looks like Christiano is tackling the problem from a different angle with Rapunzel. The 3-D scaffolding sounds like research she gleaned from working with Colin Jahoda. The "mix of growth factors" sounds likely to be an injectable solution but not positive because her recent research reveals that topicals, at least as far as JAK-inibs go, are more effective and safer for growing hair than oral drugs. So from reading that paper published last October, I think Christiano is quite thorough and will likely test all delivery methods leaving no stone unturned. Not sure what Tsuji's method will be, injections or implanting hair germ cells one at a time? Injections of biological material I think is a new area for the USFDA whereas Japan seems to be less stringent with new procedures that include injections. If patient's own cells are injected, like Replicel-Shiseido, then fewer safety concerns. But a medical procedure with new biological material or growth factors unapproved in any country would take longer to test and produce I would think.

Last edited: