Tsuji Interview Incoming - Ask Your Questions Now!

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys this is my first post here. I have 4 questions. The 1st and most important is:
1. Since the cells that produce the new hairs are identical to the ones you take from the back (therefore identical to each other in large groups) and they are all transplanted simultaneously, could this lead to synchronised hair cycles much like what happens in mice, causing extensive shedding periodically?
2. Already covered by swoop :D
3. Is it possible to have minimally invasive biopsies like fue (or even just plucking) instead of larger biopsies? Minimal scarring would be nice
4. This has been covered too but what about beard transplants? These should need like 5 different types of hair per person instead of 1-2 that applies to head hair (since hairs change characteristics throughout the face and scalp hair close to the ears grows slower than the rest)

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Who would probably NOT respond to this treatment?

yep78

Reaction score
Just thought of this, but at the end of the interview could you ask if we could do like a follow up 5 questions every couple months? That would be the best!

Tomtom21

Established Member
Reaction score
5. Does Kyocera currently have the technology capable for culturing, handling, and administering the primoridiums or are they starting from square one? In other words, how close is kyocera to fulfilling their half of the duties required to commercialize the primoridium project?
6. How have you ensured that the injected primoridiums will grow in the right direction as well as maintain the same characteristics of current hair (eg color, texture, wavy/curly/staight)?
7. For the hairline, will the machine be capable of finely designing the hairline with primoridiums or will a hair transplant surgeon be needed to produce a realistic end result?
8. Price.... estimate?

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
Firstly, HairLossTalk.com is now THE forum out there. Thank you so much for all ur hard work guys. This place is run in a very professional manner and without bias.

As for my questions:

1) Have you actually expanded human DP cells in the lab beyond Passage 7 and maintained trichogenicity?
2) If so, have you formed a hair germ using the cultured human DP cells?
3) Is Kyocera simply developing a 3D printer to place the cultured cells on a scaffold to maxmimise interaction?

Cheers and thank you once again :)

Last edited:

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
Im offering those questions.
1. So how much hair for average person will be availible to create. Can we talk about tens of thousands new hairs to get natural density even for high nws?

2. How will they deal with hair characteristics -mainly hair growth direction and colour-thats crucial for naturally looking result.

Bill Sussman

My Regimen
Reaction score
"practical use" could just mean clinical human trials (theoretical/practical)...

From FDA.gov

http://www.fda.gov/ForPatients/ClinicalTrials/ClinicalvsMedical/default.htm (won't let me hyperlink link it)
edit: nevermind

What is clinical research?

Clinical research refers to studies in which people participate as patients or volunteers. Different terms are used to describe clinical research, including:

clinical studies, clinical trials, studies, research, trials, protocols

But most important...

“The idea for a clinical research study—also known as a clinical trial—often originates in the laboratory. After researchers test new therapies or procedures in the laboratory and in animal studies, the most promising experimental treatments are moved into clinical trials, which are conducted in phases. During a trial, more information is gained about an experimental treatment, its risks, and its effectiveness”

This seems to be what Tsuji has done. Tested the procedure in animals and the laboratory, and has succeeded to the point where they are hoping to move it into the clinical research so they can move on to practical use. which brings us to the definitions of practical:

"of or concerned with the actual doing or use of something rather than with theory and ideas."

and

"of, relating to, or concerned with ordinary activities, business, or work"

so basically clinical research and clinical trials are the same thing. and Kyocera clearly differentiates between clinical trials and practical release of the product. They did so in their initial release at the announcement of the partnership, and now again a month later. and my guess is with them intending to mass produce the necessary equipment by 2018 (fiscal year 2019 when they intend to start research spans from April? 2018 to March 31, 2019), all signs seem to be pointing toward clinical trials beginning in 2018. I honestly don't see them waiting 2 years with all the equipment sitting around to begin trials. With the sudden partnership of these three powerhouses in electronics and organ regeneration is that Tsuji finally broke through and now just needs to go through the process to make it a reality. I don't think any of these major players are joining together to gamble on a wing and a prayer here. I don't think they're betting it all on 22 black. They have discovered the ideas and theories work, and now are doing everything they can to make it a practical reality. I truly think Dr. Tsuji discovered the holy grail for hairloss, and we will all be elated in the coming 3-5 years.

Last edited:

Dnpuntold

Reaction score
When can we hear from you again?
Getting a date for another interview or information on when to expect future information on developments would let people look forward to a certain time in the hopefully close future,
People will always be greedy for more , so at least getting to know when that would happen would
Put our minds at ease

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Corneal transplant from stem cell can now.
It can be optimized in view of this on hair transplant by stem cell

Billy-D2016

Reaction score
How many hairs or how large of a skin sample of you require to do a full nw7 restoration.
for someone who has weak thin hair in the donor region that is likely to fall out in the future, would it be able to use beard hair and finally is it possible to cryopreservs primordiums for top ups incase of further hairloss

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just my 2c. If Tsuji only has time for 10 questions I would suggest considering we are still 4-5 years out from this being available that we do not so much worry about asking for costs or timelines on how long we need to go to Japan for. The only mundane question we should be asking is when they are starting human trails and I feel like that should be an 11th question that gets snuck in at the end. The top 10 questions, many of which people have already listed here should all involve in depth and technical responses to the science, methodology and efficacy hope for the treatment. I'd rather us ask 10 really important high quality questions that require long indepth answers than 3/10 being. How much is the cost, how long do we have to Japan, are you guys working with anyone else..... If we can sneak those in somewhere that's great, but if Tsuji is dead *** about 10 questions only then please let's get the most scientific ones answered this time and save some of the other stuff for next time, once they have actually started something.

Cheers

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe Swoops question and asking about when will they start human trials are the most vital questions.
Question;

How is the problem currently standing with retaining signature gene expression of both type of cells when cultured? Are there still any problems to overcome?
If they solved this they are basically ready to grow hair in humans (in theory). This was what was preventing them from doing it.
And of course I am REALLY REALLY interested if Tsuji thinks they can start human trials before or in 2020.

Anyways Admin I saw your response to criticism from bags in Histogen thread and I love how you approached this. I think you are genuine and I believe you should play it smart and ask non confrontational and non aggressive questions. We have to play the long game here. This trials (Histogen, Replicel, Riken etc.) will last for several years to decade. If we want to have access to this information first hand in the days to come being polite and thoughtful about limitations of those being interviewed is vital.

Bill Sussman

My Regimen
Reaction score
i think they solved those problems, and now only need the necessary equipment to do the procedure on humans. for all we know they could have tested the theory on a person already, but now just need the equipment to do this on a larger scale to make the procedure much less time consuming, because if they had to individually inject each individual follicle, that could take days at a time and the waiting list would be crazy. and that's where kyocera comes in...

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think they solved those problems, and now only need the necessary equipment to do the procedure on humans. for all we know they could have tested the theory on a person already, but now just need the equipment to do this on a larger scale to make the procedure much less time consuming, because if they had to individually inject each individual follicle, that could take days at a time and the waiting list would be crazy. and that's where kyocera comes in...

I'm inclined to agree. No doubt they're well aware of any potential hurdles, yet the deal is still a go so they obviously either have or know how they can solve problems they may run into.

Bill Sussman

My Regimen
Reaction score
i feel with tsuji it's not a matter of if, but a matter of when. he's aiming for much more than just hair growth, this is just one of the first steps towards his vision.