Tricomin users!

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
No, it will not make Rogaine not work. In fact if you apply rogaine, wait until it dries and then apply Tricomin it will absorb better.

striker9

Established Member
Reaction score
What about that green head thing?

Thanks for the answer! I think i'll add tricomin to my regimen if it one more good treatment that is proven to work.

The only problem i see is that tricomin is his price, for such a small quantity. do you know how much sprays i should do? he didn't came with explanations.

Aus

Reaction score
striker9 said:
do you know how much sprays i should do?
Not really but I would like to know too.
Do you really need to saturate the scalp or just moisten it?

ethan

Reaction score
Aus said:
striker9 said:
do you know how much sprays i should do?
Not really but I would like to know too.
Do you really need to saturate the scalp or just moisten it?

I'm assuming somewhere in between?

"Directions For Use:
Condition and treat your hair and scalp daily by spraying liberally after shampooing. May be applied to damp or dry hair several times throughout the day."

striker9

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the spray has problems penetrating to the hair, with spray it doesn't reach the scalp, is different from rogaine.

How do you apply?

"Directions For Use:
Condition and treat your hair and scalp daily by spraying liberally after shampooing. May be applied to damp or dry hair several times throughout the day."

My hair is recovring good, i think i'll just put it in my temples.

striker9

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just using minoxidil.

Didn't started with tricomin yet

How do you apply?

"Directions For Use:

You apply it spraying? If you aren't completely bald won't it be in you hair instead of your scalp?

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
can someone remind me why tricomin did not finish the trials (FDA)?
... it didn't work well ? :)

ethan

Reaction score
Started using Tricomen a week ago. Once or twice a day.

Hopefully it will give me some growth.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
waynakyo said:
can someone remind me why tricomin did not finish the trials (FDA)?
... it didn't work well ? :)

They didn't have the money to invest in it.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
They didn't have the money to invest in it.

Thanks. See in theory if this product was going to generate enough return on investment (once FDA approved) even after taking into account the high fixed costs, then there would be always investors to make it happen, in theory.

Therefore there are only 2 possibilities IMHO:

1- They did not expect it to deliver impressive results as to generate enough returns.

OR

2- The theory is wrong. Due to asymetric information (investors do not have full knowledge about the potential of the drug) what I stated does not really apply, i.e., it could still be great and not be invested in.

I am not sure I understand the male pattern baldness industry to know which is true. Maybe for drugs to generate enough returns they have to beat finasteride as few buyers (in %) seem to be concerned about side effects.

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
neis said:
from previous discussions I remember Folligen contains the type of CPs that are better for hair loss regrowth or maintenance.

The copper-peptides in Folligen are just randomly-generated ones. The one in Tricomin is a specific copper-peptide that was hand-picked, designed, and synthesized to be effective for fighting male pattern baldness.

Bryan,

You stated that a Procyte rep hinted that the current formula is a 1% concentration, and that the lower % is offset by an improved delivery system.

Any idea what they meant by that??

Isn't the delivery system now, and always has been, alcohol? How the hell did they improve on that??

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
BoilerRoom said:
You stated that a Procyte rep hinted that the current formula is a 1% concentration, and that the lower % is offset by an improved delivery system.

I've never stated that a Procyte rep hinted that the current formula is a 1% concentration. There were two different concentrations used in their clinical trial: a 1.25% solution, and a 2.5% solution. What I stated several times over the years on hairloss forums (and I was WRONG about that, which I'll get to in just a moment) is that the Procyte rep said that the concentration of commercial Tricomin is somewhere BETWEEN the two concentrations used in the trial, but closer to the larger one. I had said that I guessed from that that the concentration of commercial Tricomin is probably about 2%.

However, a while ago I went back and checked some of those old postings from alt.baldspot, and realized that I had misrepresented what the Procyte person had said (it was a long time ago, and I misremembered that post): she evidently had said that the overall effectiveness of the commercial version of Tricomin is somewhere between those of the two tested versions, not the actual concentration. So that changes the whole complexion of what I've (mistakenly) said before. Now I just simply don't know how much of the copper-peptide is in commercial Tricomin.

BoilerRoom said:
Isn't the delivery system now, and always has been, alcohol? How the hell did they improve on that??

Haven't you seen the Tricomin label with the list of ingredients? There's a lot of stuff in there, some of which are clearly various preservative agents, but some of which are substances I'm not familiar with. Those are probably the penetration and absorption enhancers. The word that came down after Tricomin was first released is that Procyte went to a lot of trouble to find just the right combination of ingredients in their vehicle which would give the maximum effect to the copper-peptide.

Mer

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Mer said:
Just out of curiosity does anyone have an opinion on making your own copper peptide solution?

http://www.qdbd.com/hair_loss_treatment_102.htm

why bother? so complicated and expensive.

Folligen is so cheap

Complicated and expensive?

The cost for the ingredients for well over a 2 - 3 year supply is about $50. About the cost of 1-1/2 8 oz bottles of Folligen. As far as complicated, if you can't mix those 4 ingredients together then yes, it might be complicated for someone.

Cassin

Reaction score
Mer said:
Cassin said:
Mer said:
Just out of curiosity does anyone have an opinion on making your own copper peptide solution?

http://www.qdbd.com/hair_loss_treatment_102.htm

why bother? so complicated and expensive.

Folligen is so cheap

Complicated and expensive?

The cost for the ingredients for well over a 2 - 3 year supply is about $50. About the cost of 1-1/2 8 oz bottles of Folligen. As far as complicated, if you can't mix those 4 ingredients together then yes, it might be complicated for someone.

go for it. Lets see you do right.