Tricomin users!

striker9

Established Member
Reaction score
HI!

Anyone here uses tricomin has part of his regimen?

When you wash your hair.

DO you apply it before or after rogaine? And how do your hair looks?

Do you apply how many times a week? And how many times a day?

I'm waiting for my tricomin :punk:

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
striker9 said:
HI!

Anyone here uses tricomin has part of his regimen?

When you wash your hair.

DO you apply it before or after rogaine? And how do your hair looks?

Do you apply how many times a week? And how many times a day?

I'm waiting for my tricomin :punk:

One a day for me (to save money) but you can apply it twice.

Use it - and allow it to dry - before rogaine

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty sure in the FDA study they used it twice a day and that was with the 2% concentration.

God only knows what it is now, but it's probably at least half of that. Furthermore, if your only applying it a couple times a week I would NOT count on any regrowth from it.

At this point, it's a scalp conditioner at best.

I'm still amazed people consider this a growth stimulant.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I apply it with my minoxidil, and feel it has helped thinner vellus type hairs grow longer and get more colour to them.

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't used either.
but, from previous discussions I remember Folligen contains the type of CPs that are better for hair loss regrowth or maintenance.

striker9

Established Member
Reaction score
BoilerRoom, i tought copper peptides, was one of the most important things to deal with hair loss.

And applying it before rogaine maybe makes rogaine has less effiency.

what are the best copper peptides to complement in a regimen?

The idea is to use propecia, minoxidil, cooper peptides, spironolactone cream in the temples and copper peptides 1x or 2x a day.

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
striker9 said:
BoilerRoom, i tought copper peptides, was one of the most important things to deal with hair loss.

And applying it before rogaine maybe makes rogaine has less effiency.

what are the best copper peptides to complement in a regimen?

The idea is to use propecia, minoxidil, cooper peptides, spironolactone cream in the temples and copper peptides 1x or 2x a day.

The copper peptides used in Tricomin are very good. The problem is we have no clue how much is in there! They don't tell us.

The FDA study used 2%. I would bet there is far less than that in there now. If there was 2%, I am sure they would be bragging about it. I hope once their patent runs out, some company will deliver a 2% version.

In regard to Folligen, their peptides are totally unproven.

Do what you want. I recently ditched Tricomin in favor of the Poly-Gro Procyandin spray. The research on it looks pretty legit. I'm allergic to Rogaine, so I need some kind of growth stimulator aside from Keto Shampoo.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
neis said:
from previous discussions I remember Folligen contains the type of CPs that are better for hair loss regrowth or maintenance.

The copper-peptides in Folligen are just randomly-generated ones. The one in Tricomin is a specific copper-peptide that was hand-picked, designed, and synthesized to be effective for fighting male pattern baldness.

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
neis said:
from previous discussions I remember Folligen contains the type of CPs that are better for hair loss regrowth or maintenance.

The copper-peptides in Folligen are just randomly-generated ones. The one in Tricomin is a specific copper-peptide that was hand-picked, designed, and synthesized to be effective for fighting male pattern baldness.

Yeah, too bad Procyte, the makers of Tricomin, are stingy bastards about actually putting those peptides in their product.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
BoilerRoom said:
Yeah, too bad Procyte, the makers of Tricomin, are stingy bastards about actually putting those peptides in their product.

I don't know if they're "stingy", I think it's mainly that producing specific amino acid sequences is damned EXPENSIVE.

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
I hold the primary patents for such copper peptides SOD's and they defiinitely work. We continue to use them. However, more recently, I have come to favor another class of SOD-mimetic drugs, the NITROXIDE spin labels TEMPO and TEMPOL. TEMPOL is now in clinical trials for radiation-induced alopecia.

Peter H. Proctor, PhD,MD

treadstone

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. Proctor, since your products (presumably) contain more potent SODases than Tricomin, could a person who has made gains on Tricomin switch and still maintain what was grown?

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
As long the SOD in his formula is fighting inflammation as well as Tricomin, I can't see any reason why you would lose any gains. The gains from SODs are not product-dependent like they are with Minoxidil.

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have extremely sensitive skin and did a patch test of Prox-N on my wrist and, lo and behold, I had a slight red rash there for a couple of days.

Dr. Proctor:

Does the NANO in Prox-N cause redness and a flushing of the skin or am I simply allergic to it?

striker9

Established Member
Reaction score
But does tricomin makes rogaine don't work or not?

and do you apply after rogaine? Does it blocks the scalp?

for what bryan said, tricomin is the best, i think i'll add it to my regimen.

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
BoilerRoom said:
Unfortunately, I have extremely sensitive skin and did a patch test of Prox-N on my wrist and, lo and behold, I had a slight red rash there for a couple of days.

Dr. Proctor:

Does the NANO in Prox-N cause redness and a flushing of the skin or am I simply allergic to it?

NANO can cause a little itching and redness in some persons. People can also get allergic to one of its constituents. Generally, this is an allergy to propylene glycol (PEG). PEG is used in many topical formulations. Have you ever been allergic to (say) topical minoxidil?

striker9

Established Member
Reaction score
But does tricomin makes rogaine don't work or not?

and do you apply after rogaine? Does it blocks the scalp?