Treatment of male pattern baldness.... results from 1988!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Bryan said:
squeegee said:
There is link between the arachidonic acid metabolism and androgen. This is why Gamma Linolenic Acid could have some benefits. Also boost "good" eicosanoid called PGE1!

I don't doubt that GLA and other fatty acids have "some benefits"; what I'm saying is that GLA and other similar fatty acids don't act as 5a-reductase inhibitors, when they're present in natural oils. This has already been discussed NUMEROUS TIMES in the past.

Cool Bryan! I would listen to you and go bald as a motherfucker? Do you have a paypal addy? I need some Proxiphen!

Sparky4444

Reaction score
2020 said:
Sparky4444 said:
Omega Factors UltraPrim...I'm going with the Primrose because that's what was used in the article...The Fish Oil I have is freakin' expensive but it's pretty potent

Gamma-linolenic acid................................................50 mg

from 500 mg.... are you sure this is the best?

On my bottle Primerose it says 100mg for each capsule so I'd be running 600mg for the day...maybe I'll pop 7 for 700mg but that should be close enough...

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Bryan said:
No, borage oil doesn't do that. Certain other elements of oils may have such an effect on inhibiting 5-alpha reductase, but not GLA, ALA, or LA. Save your money, and don't buy borage oil for that specific purpose.

...Meh, big deal -- $20 for a couple of months is pennies...The fish oil should be taken anyways for general health so that's something I've been meaning to get on ...

..gotta tell ya, being on E3 Live and NEO40, I've been feeling pretty good lately health-wise :punk:

"Evening primrose oil is the oil from the seed of the evening primrose plant. Evening primrose oil is used for skin disorders such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne. It is also used for rheumatoid arthritis, weak bones (osteoporosis), Raynaud’s syndrome, multiple sclerosis (MS), Sjogren’s syndrome, cancer, high cholesterol, heart disease, a movement disorder in children called dyspraxia, leg pain due to blocked blood vessels (intermittent claudication), alcoholism, Alzheimer’s disease, and schizophrenia."

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
zeroes said:
I don't think they care about 5A Bryan.

Then why were there at least TWO different posts in the last couple of pages about the (supposed) potent effect of GLA as a 5a-reductase inhibitor?? I want people reading this thread to understand that borage and evening primrose oils don't have any such effect, and not waste their money for that specific purpose. If they want to use them to reduce inflammation, or do something else, that's all well and good; just don't expect them to inhibit 5a-reductase.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Bryan said:
zeroes said:
I don't think they care about 5A Bryan.

Then why were there at least TWO different posts in the last couple of pages about the (supposed) potent effect of GLA as a 5a-reductase inhibitor?? I want people reading this thread to understand that borage and evening primrose oils don't have any such effect, and not waste their money for that specific purpose. If they want to use them to reduce inflammation, or do something else, that's all well and good; just don't expect them to inhibit 5a-reductase.

So are you saying that GLA from these oils won't produce the effect, or GLA period is not a 5a- inhibitor??

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sparky4444 said:
So are you saying that GLA from these oils won't produce the effect, or GLA period is not a 5a- inhibitor??

GLA is a potent 5a-reductase inhibitor when given as a free fatty acid (like what you'd get if you were to order it from a chemical company), but the GLA in borage and evening primose oils is a mixture of various triglycerides; it doesn't have the ability to inhibit 5a-reductase in that form.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Sparky4444 said:

GLA is a potent 5a-reductase inhibitor when given as a free fatty acid (like what you'd get if you were to order it from a chemical company), but the GLA in borage and evening primose oils is a mixture of various triglycerides; it doesn't have the ability to inhibit 5a-reductase in that form.

ah..so you're saying that this little study was bunk... :dunno:

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ok, back to topic:

so what should be the best product to use in order to achieve the same results as in that study...

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sparky4444 said:
Bryan said:

ah..so you're saying that this little study was bunk... :dunno:

The study originally posted in this thread? I'm not sure. The fatty acids mentioned _may_ have a beneficial effect on hair growth, but if they do, it's not because of any ability to inhibit 5a-reductase. Maybe it's just a nutritional effect that has something to do with inflammation, or something similar...

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeegee, what vitamins are u taking. my haished is VERY VERY VRY hgh like 200 hairs i lose in the shower. thats what i have in my regimen now

Supplements: all daily
biotin 3000 mg
aloe vera cup daily
rinse hair with aloe vera
roobios tea
glutatione 500mg
silica complex 500mg
msm 1000 mg
garlic pills 2 daily
krill oil
l argineine 500mg
l ornithine 200mg
swanson hair vitamin
milk thistle
N acetyl cysteine

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Israelite..did you drop anything from your regimen?

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
no, my crown is looking thinner :( hairline looks good but this shedding is making f'n nervous. this bald spot forming makes me nauseous.

Attachments

• bald spot.jpg
    bald spot.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 417

Sparky4444

Reaction score
israelite said:
squeegee said:
no, my crown is looking thinner :( hairline looks good but this shedding is making f'n nervous. this bald spot forming makes me nauseous.

holy crap, relax...you got a lot of thick hair where it counts...if you're hair is thinning like that elsewhere then maybe...I'd be happy as crap if I only had thinning out of my cow-lick crown part...

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Seasonal shedding? :shakehead: Doesn't look alarming yet..

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Borage Seed Oil is the second of the "four most important diet supplements," which are: Fish Oil, Borage Seed Oil, Green Tea and Magnesium. These four products correct major deficiencies in the average American's diet.

Together with a balanced diet that follows our Level1diet.com Food Guide Football program, Borage Seed Oil can lead to significant improvements in health. They include dramatic weight loss when needed, and imrovement or reversal of major diseases. The benefits stem from reductions in low-level inflammation. Then, less inflammation leads to lower insulin resistance. For a detailed discussion of the inflammatory health cycle, read our article "The 3 Levels of Health: How Infection & Today's High Sugar/Starch, High Fat Diet Leads to a Cycle of Increasing Inflammation, Insulin Resistance, Low Metabolism, Obesity and Major Diseases".
How Borage Seed Oil Improves Your Health

Borage oil contains an essential fatty acid called GLA that your body does not make efficiently for itself..

The GLA or gamma linolenic acid, is easy converted into DGLA or dihomagamma linolenic acid.

From DHLA, the body rapidly makes PGE-1 or Series-1 Prostaglandins. These PGE-1 molecules are about 1/2 of your inflammation-fighting capability. Without them, you have a persistent tendancy toward inflammation, which often leads to insulin resistance, obesity and many deadly diseases.
Common Diseases Associated with Chronic Low-Level Inflammation or Insulin Resistance Syndrome**

Acanthosis Nigricans
Acne Vulgaris
Allergies
Asthma
Alzheimer's Disease
Atherosclerosis
Bipolar Disorder
Breast Cancer
Cardiovascular Disease
Cataracts
Cervical Cancer
Childhood Type-2 Diabetes
Chronic Fatigue
Colon & Rectal Cancer
Cushing's Syndrome
Dandruff
Depression
Diabetes Mellitus
Dyslipidemia
Fatty Liver Disease
Graves Disease
Heart Disease
High LDL Cholesterol
High Triglycerides
Hirsutism
Hypoglycemia
Hypothyroidism
Inflammation
Kidney Disease
Low HDL Cholesterol
Lupus
Neuropathy
Neuritis
Osteoporosis
Pancreatic Cancer
Parkinson Disease
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Prostate Cancer
Rheumatoid Arthritis
Scleroderma
Seborrhea
Strokes
Varicose Veins

GLA -- Gamma Linolenic Acid

The three best sources of GLA are Borage Seed Oil, Black Currant Oil, and Evening Primrose Oil. Borage Seed Oil (usually about 24% GLA) contains about 5% more GLA than Black Currant Oils, and more than twice as much GLA per capsule as Evening Primrose Oil (which usually contains about 10% GLA).

As a result of its high percentage of GLA, when you take Borage Seed Oil, you end up taking less of the undesirable Omega-6 (lenoleic acid) vegetable oils. Omega-6 oils are most of the remainder of the oil contained in each of the supplements.

GLA is the immediate precursor to your body's production of PGE-1 or Prostaglandin Series 1, which is vital to the body's ability to handle blood lipids, cholesterol and triglycerides, and amounts to about 1/2 of your total inflammation fighting arsenal.

We recommend Borage Seed Oil instead of black currant or evening primrose oils for most people, because it is easier to take to get the needed amount of GLA than the other sources. However, many studies have also supported somewhat larger daily doses of Evening Primrose Oil. There may be some support for taking primrose oil, especially for diabetics. This issue is still being studied. If you choose to take the evening primrose oil, remember that you will need to take about 2-3 times as much compared to borage oil products.
Two Ways Delta-6 Deficiency Happens

1. Inherited Problem Making Delta-6 Enzyme

Extra Thymidine Molecule1 in D6D-Making Gene - This or similar genetic mutations may be a major cause underlying inherited types of cardiovascular, diabetic, cancerous, insulin resistant, and/or inflammation associated diseases.43 The frequency of this kind of mutation is still being investigated. However, since inflammatory and insulin resistant conditions add up to 73% of all fatal diseases annually, any significant contributing factor to inflammation or insulin resistance is a very serious matter.

2. Dietary or Disease & Lifestyle Factors Producing Functional Delta-6 Deficiency

When people without inherited deficiencies do in fact make enough Delta-6, the enzyme can be blocked from being utilized by many factors relating to their diet, disease, and substance abuse or other lifestyle, behavior or habits. (See "Hypoglycemia and Essential Fatty Acids", Hypoglycemic Association Newsletter, September, 1996, Pgs. 7-13.)
Lifestyle and Other Factors That May Block D6D Functionality

Foods rich in saturated fats such as wholemilk and certain milk proteins (peptides)
Foods rich in cholesterol like red meat, shell fish, dairy, milk and eggs
Trans-fatty acids used in margarines, processed foods and candies
Stress hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol
Low levels of zinc, magnesium, vitamins B6 or B3, and vitamin C (transport mechanism may be faulty in diabetes) from eating processed, refined foods
Alcohol - more than 8-ounces of wine daily, or equivalent in beer or whisky
Allergies and other atopic conditions such eczema
High blood sugar in diabetes & hypoglycemics
Excessive circulating insulin levels, from insulin resistance
Advancing Age
Viral infections: Influenza, Pneumonia, Hepatitis, HIV, etc.
Cancer, Tuberculosis
Many Drug Interactions, such as lithium, phenytoin, aspirin, other NSAIDS and steroids
Extremely large amounts of Omega-6 fatty acids, usually found in vegetable oils from seeds such as soybeans, corn, cottonseed, safflower, sunflower, and many other cooking or salad oils, which are now common in the American diet
Extremely large amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids (whether from fish oil or flaxseed oil)

How D6D Functional Deficiency Develops

In many individuals, the ability to manufacture or use the vital enzyme Delta-6 Desaturase (D6D) is seriously degraded.

(1) In some cases, it appears that a simple mutation of a gene that controls the expression or manufacture of D6D happens in at least some people.1 One way this happens is that a single thymidine molecule is inserted into the D6D making gene, which results in a decrease of 80-90% in the amount of delta6 desaturase produced. This person will become very inflammed, and as years go by, they will likely suffer from cancer, heart disease and many other serious ailments.

(2) In other people who do not have such genetic problems, dietary and environmental factors block the utilization of D6D. Factors include diet habits such as high alcohol use, trans-fatty acids from margarines and other foods, animal fats from red meats, milk, cancer, certain infections such as tuberculosis.

If you don't have enough D6D enzyme, you can't ever make enough GLA out of Linoleic Acids from Omega-6 vegetable oils like safflower, corn oil, etc., and therefore the Omega-6 fats you eat become Arachidonic Acid (AA) instead of GLA.

This advances metabolic disease and insulin resistance. As a result, the Lenoleic Omega-6 fats you eat cannot be converted into the "good" prostaglandins that fight inflammation and control cholesterol and obesity. You get obese, develop high blood pressure, high LDL-C cholesterol, high triglycerides, low HDL-C, etc.

Some scientists have suggested that a simple D6D deficiency due to genetic or dietary factors is the major underlying cause of most metabolic disease, including most heart disease, cancers, diabetes and other insulin resistant, inflammatory diseases. As a result, they recommend supplementation of the diet with direct sources of GLA that do not need D6D for conversion. GLA from Borage Seed Oil or Evening Primrose oil enables the body to produce Prostaglandin series 1, which can help reverse existing or developing metabolic diseases related to insulin resistance.*
Best Gamma Linolenic Acid Sources

The best sources of GLA are

Borage Seed Oil (24%)
Black Currant Oil (19%)
Evening Primrose Oil (9%)

As you can see, Borage Seed Oil contains just a bit more GLA than does Black Currant Oil, and almost 2-1/2 times as much GLA as Evening Primrose Oil. If you want to take fewer pills, take Borage Seed Oil.

The cost per pill is usually about the same, but you may want to shop around. We've found a month's supply of Borage Seed Oil, which is about (60) 1,200mg capsules containing 300mg of GLA per capsule, usually costs between $10-$15.

Brands we like include Now Foods, Vitamin Shoppe, Twin Labs, and Life Extension Foundation. Life Extension's includes Sesame Seed Lignans, which are an added benefit due to their power to limit the delta-5 desaturase conversion of GLA into AA arachidonic acid and the resulting increase in pro-inflammatory cytokines. See our page on Sesame Seed Lignans for more information.
How Much Borage Seed Oil GLA Gamma Linolenic Acid Should You Take per Day?

Take at least 2 large 1,000 to 1,200mg capsules of Borage Seed Oil per day, one in the morning and evening. Ensure that each capsule contains at least 245mg of the GLA active ingredient. A small amount of Vitamin-E should also be listed on the label to prevent possible oxidation of the vital fatty acid ingredients during storage.

Very sick, obese or people with high levels of C-Reactive Protein should consider taking up to double the regular daily dose of GLA.

Safety Issues

Borage seed oil is generally considered safe. You should be concerned about its freshness, and always refrigerate it after opening. Look for brands with a small amount of Vitamin-E added to the capsule as a preservative.

Borage oil acts moderately as an anti-clotting agent or blood thinner. While usually considered advantageous, its anti-clotting actions may add to the thinning power of other blood thinners if you are takng them.

As always, we recommend you consult your doctor or other health care professional before adding this or any other supplement to your diet. You may want to print this page to show to your phsician, dietitian or other authorized health professional, as many will not have had time to read this much detail on the subject due to their busy schedules.*
Scientific Research Supporting Gamma Lenolenic Acid (GLA) Supplementation

For a discussion of GLA supplementation and its role in helping control or improve metabolic, insulin resistant or inflammatory disease do a Google search for a PDF report written by Jur Plesmon in the Hypoglycemic Health Association Newsletter, September, 1996 called "Hypoglycemia and Essential Fatty Acids".

References

"A nucleotide insertion in the transcriptional regulatory region of FADS2 gives rise to human fatty acid delta-6-desaturase deficiency", Journal of Lipid Research, Vol. 44, 2311-2319, December, 2003.
"Identification of a fatty acid {Delta}6-desaturase deficiency in human skin fibroblasts", Journal of Lipid Research, Vol. 42, 501-508, April, 2001.
"Suspected faulty essential fatty acid metabolism in Sjogren-Larsson syndrome", Pediatric Research, Vol 16, 45-49, 1982.
"Green tea with a high catechin content suppresses inflammatory cytokine expression in the galactosamine-injured rat liver", Biomedical Research (Tokyo, Japan) 2005 Oct;26(5):187-92.
"More tea for septic patients? - Green tea may reduce endotoxin-induced release of high mobility group box 1 and other pro-inflammatory cytokines", Medical Hypotheses, 2006;66(3):660-3. Epub 2005 Nov 2.
"Immune cell activation and subsequent epithelial dysfunction by Staphylococcus enterotoxin B is attenuated by the green tea polyphenol (-)-epigallocatechin gallate" (EGCG from Green Tea), Cellular Immunology, 2005 Sep;237(1):7-16. Epub 2005 Oct 6.
"Epicatechin gallate-induced expression of NAG-1 is associated with growth inhibition and apoptosis in colon cancer cells" (ECG from Green Tea), Carcinogenesis, Volume 25, Number 12, Pp. 2425-2432.
"Green Tea Polyphenol Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) Differentially Inhibits Interleukin-1{beta}-Induced Expression of Matrix Metalloproteinase-1 and -13 in Human Chondrocytes" (EGCG from Green Tea), Journal of Pharmacology And Experimental Therapeutics Fast Forward, November 4, 2003; DOI: 10.1124/jpet.103.059220.
"Comparative effects of polyphenols from green tea (EGCG) and soybean (genistein) on VEGF and IL-8 release from normal human keratinocytes stimulated with the proinflammatory cytokine TNFalpha" (EGCG from Green Tea), Archives of Dermatological Research, 2003 Jul;295(3):112-6. Epub 2003 Jun 13.
"Magnesium Intake, C-Reactive Protein, and the Prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome in Middle-Aged and Older U.S. Women", Diabetes Care 28:1438-1444, 2005, a publication of The American Diabetes Association.
"Role of magnesium in insulin action, diabetes and cardio-metabolic syndrome X", Molecular Aspects of Medicine, 24:39-52, 2003.
"Magnesium Replacement Therapy", The American Family Physician, 1990;42:173-6..
"Bromelain (pineapple extract) as a Treatment for Osteoarthritis: a Review of Clinical Studies", Evidence Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2004 December; 1(3): 251-257.
"Punica granatum L. (pomegranate fruit) extract inhibits IL-1beta-induced expression of matrix metalloproteinases by inhibiting the activation of MAP kinases and NF-kappaB in human chondrocytes in vitro", The Journal of Nutrition, 2005 Sep;135(9):2096-102.
"S-Adenosyl methionine (SAMe) versus celecoxib for the treatment of osteoarthritis symptoms: A double-blind cross-over trial", BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, February 26, 2004; 5: 6.
"Tannic Acid Is an Inhibitor of CXCL12 (SDF-1{alpha})/CXCR4 with Antiangiogenic Activity", Clinical Cancer Research Vol. 9, 3115-3123, August 2003.
"Possible immunomodulatory actions of Carica papaya seed extract", Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation 2003;29(3-4):219-29.
"Silymarin (milk thistle extract) and skin cancer prevention: anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and immunomodulatory effects (Review)", International Journal of Oncology, 2005 Jan;26(1):169-76.
"Combination anti-inflammatory therapy: synergism in rats of NSAIDs/corticosteroids with some herbal/animal products" (Indian Celery Seed & New Zealand Green-Lipped Mussel), Inflammopharmacology. 2003;11(4):453-64.
"Systematic review of a marine nutriceutical supplement in clinical trials for arthritis: the effectiveness of the New Zealand green-lipped mussel Perna canaliculus", Clinical Rheumatology, 2005 Oct 12;:1-10.
"Caffeic Acid Phenethyl Ester and Curcumin: A Novel Class of Heme Oxygenase-1 Inducers", Molecular Pharmacology, Vol. 61, Issue 3, 554-561, March 2002.
"Anticachectic effects of Coptidis rhizoma, an anti-inflammatory herb, on esophageal cancer cells that produce interleukin 6" (Goldenseal), Cancer Letters, 2000 Sep 29;158(1):35-41.
"Modulators of prostaglandin E2 synthesis in human amnion" (Aspirin, Acetaminophen), Journal of the Society Gynecologic Investigation, 1994 Apr-Jun;1(2):131-4.
"Antagonists and inhibitors of lipid mediators in experimental inflammation of the cornea" (Fish Oil EPA/DHA), Journal of Ocular Pharmacology, 1993 Winter;9(4):365-72.
"The effect of dietary fish oil supplement upon the content of dihomo-gammalinolenic acid in human plasma phospholipids" (Large doses of EPA reduce DGLA, suggesting use of Borage Seed Oil with Fish Oil), Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids. 1990 May;40(1):9-12.
"Importance of Dietary Gamma-Linolenic Acid in Human Health and Nutrition" (Sources of GLA: Borage Oil, Black Currant Oil, Evening Primrose Oil), The Journal of Nutrition, Vol. 128 No. 9 September 1998, pp. 1411-1414.
"Evening primrose oil and borage oil in rheumatologic conditions" (Sources of GLA), American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol. 71, No. 1, 352S-356s, January 2000.
"Borage oil reduction of rheumatoid arthritis activity may be mediated by increased cAMP that suppresses tumor necrosis factor-alpha" (Sources of GLA), International Immunopharmacology, 2001 Nov;1(12):2197-9.
"Oral administration of gammalinolenic acid, an unsaturated fatty acid with anti-inflammatory properties, modulates interleukin-1beta production by human monocytes" (Borage Oil GLA), Journal of Clinical Immunology, 2002 Mar;22(2):83-91.
"Diabetic neuropathy: pathogenesis and therapy" (Borage Oil, Source of GLA), The American Journal of Medicine, 1999 Aug 30;107(2B):17S-26S.
"Dietary Supplementation with gamma -Linolenic Acid Alters Fatty Acid Content and Eicosanoid Production in Healthy Humans" (Borage Oil, Source of GLA), The Journal of Nutrition, Vol. 127 No. 8 August 1997, pp. 1435-1444.
"Treatment of diabetic neuropathy with gamma-linolenic acid. The gamma-Linolenic Acid Multi-center Trial Group" (Borage Oil, Source of GLA), Diabetes Care. 1993 Jan;16(1):8-15.
"The effect of gamma-linolenic acid on human diabetic peripheral neuropathy: a double-blind placebo-controlled trial" (Borage Oil, Source of GLA), Diabetic Medicine: A Journal of the British Diabetic Association, 1990 May;7(4):319-23.
"Differential effects of prostaglandin derived from w-6 and w-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on COX-2 expression and IL-6 secretion" (Fish Oil, Source of EPA/DHA), Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2003 February 18; 100(4): 1751-1756.
"Cellular interactions between n-6 and n-3 fatty acids: a mass analysis of fatty acid elongation/desaturation, distribution among complex lipids, and conversion to eicosanoids" (Role of Enzymes and Other Factors in Lipid Metabolism of Omega-3 vs. Omega-6 Fatty Acids), Journal of Lipid Research, 1992 Oct;33(10):1431-40.
"Trans, trans-2,4-decadienal, a product found in cooking oil fumes, induces cell proliferation and cytokine production due to reactive oxygen species in human bronchial epithelial cells" (Protective role of N-Acetylcysteine NAC), Toxicological Sciences, 2005 Oct;87(2):337-43. Epub 2005 Jul 13.
"Five Cysteine-Containing Compounds Delay Diabetic Deterioration in Balb/cA Mice" (Protective role of N-Acetyl-Cysteine NAC), The American Society for Nutritional Sciences J. Nutr. 134:3245-3249, December 2004.
"N-acetylcysteine and alpha-tocopherol reverse the inflammatory response in activated rat Kupffer cells" (Protective role of N-Acetyl-Cysteine NAC), The Journal of Immunology, 1997 Jun 1;158(11):5418-23.
"Cytokine secretion in whole blood of healthy subjects following oral administration of Urtica dioica L. plant extract" (Reduction of TNF-alpha and IL-6 by Nettle Leaf Extract, in German with English Abstract), Arzneimittelforschung. 1996 Sep;46(9):906-10.
"Ameliorative effect of IDS 30, a stinging nettle leaf extract, on chronic colitis" (Reduction of Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha by Nettle Leaf Extract and the extension of long-term remission from inflammatory bowel disease), International Journal of Colorectal Disease, 2005 Jan;20(1):9-17. Epub 2004 Aug 25.
"Effects of sesamin and capsaicin on the mRNA expressions of delta6 and delta5 desaturases in rat primary cultured hepatocytes" (Sesame Seed Lignans - Sesamin - reduced activity of delta5 desaturase enzyme), Journal of Nutritional Science Vitaminology (Tokyo). 2003 Dec;49(6):442-6.
"Interleukin 6 production by lipopolysaccharide-stimulated human fibroblasts is potently inhibited by naphthoquinone (vitamin K) compounds", Cytokine. 1995 Apr;7(3):287-90.
"Hypoglycemia and Essential Fatty Acids" (Discussion of many delta-6 and other fatty acid digestion issues), Hypoglycemic Association Newsletter, September, 1996, Vol. 12, No. 3, Pgs. 7-13. PDF Doctor.

Fight Your Genes

Reaction score
Squeegee nice post there. so what your saying is that D6D Functional Deficiency is a potential male pattern baldness pathway as it results in a Prostaglandin imbalance and raised inflammation that results in hair loss and other chronic disorders.

So its quite simple to reverse this imbalance via supplementation with GLA?

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Squeegee, you got a suggestion as to which borage oil brand would be the best?

We should all try this just like we did with toco-8 :punk:

Sparky4444

Reaction score
2020 said:
Squeegee, you got a suggestion as to which borage oil brand would be the best?

We should all try this just like we did with toco-8 :punk:

I understand the logic if you're looking at the raw amount of GLA...Taking 6 capsules of Primrose is a pain lol...but in keeping with the spirit of the original post, I'll stick with the Primrose..you guys can go Borage and we'll cover some bases here...Might be a stretch, but perhaps there is something else about Primrose that works some synergy into the process :whistle:

Experienced Member
Reaction score
But you see, if anyone here had this D6D deficiency problem, we would be prone to a lot of other "diseases". Somehow, bald people don't seem to be getting all those diseases at a higher rate.... In my case, I'm 100% healthy and everyone else in my family live long, disease free lives....

I don't expect much from this, but I'm willing to try... :innocent: