Topical Zinc Thymulin For The Treatments Of Androgenetic Alopecia

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i cant be bothered to read up properly on this but how often do you have to apply this stuff to your head?

if it's twice a day you're better off using minoxidil as it's cheaper and more reliable
You are better off reading up properly on it. Has far more potential then minoxidil.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol the website name "hair29" sounds like a scam website hosted on some offshore island. Even the outline of the site is like one of those fake pill websites.

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i cant be bothered to read up properly on this but how often do you have to apply this stuff to your head?

if it's twice a day you're better off using minoxidil as it's cheaper and more reliable
3-4 times each day

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what gives me a little hope is that topical zinc has actually been effective for many on forums and zinc may work by increasing thymulin levels. that said there is plenty of validity for people to be skeptical

Thebaldcel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Reddit post:

Juiceer

42m
Lmao @ that price.

Reading over it, I can see that it's a peptide, and a nonapeptide at that. Peptides cannot penetrate the skin so you can rule it out based on that already. There is only 1 way to allow peptides to absorb transdermally and I do not see any mention of it.

You can rule it out based on that. Any effectiveness would be from the substances like the soy isoflavones or green tea.

Peptide production isn't cheap which partly explains the price. Since it consists of 9 amino acids it would take a bit of work synthesizing it with solid phase synthesis. Regardless, the concentration used is tiny so it's a ridiculous markup.

The coupling process supposedly happens automatically under an acidic buffer. In this way the limiting step for regular people is really the peptide.

Fortunately, you can buy thymulin from china for dirt cheap and make it yourself. But like I said before, it won't penetrate the skin.
https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/8vjw9z/comment/e1oet3e

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
So what’s the difference between the standard and premium? Both have the exact product description. Also, can the dr be more specific on the application method as “several times per day” means what ?

lenuam

My Regimen
Reaction score
So what’s the difference between the standard and premium? Both have the exact product description. Also, can the dr be more specific on the application method as “several times per day” means what ?

This is what Dr Vickers told me regarding the difference:

The standard deluxe form is the form tested and with the additional DHT herbal inhibitors. So its a comprehensive product for hair loss and hopefully cost effective for most people and most countries.The acrylates (Lubrizol TR2) are a very high quality emulsifying agent that will improve penetration and gently clean the scalp and hair as it has a mild soap cleaning effect to remove excess sebum.
The premium has the additional mix of the amino acids for hair regrowth.

Ingredients of the standard deluxe formula:

Potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, benzoic acid, methyl sulfonyl methane MSM, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, sh-thymulin amino acids (alanine, asparagine, glycine, glutamine, lysine, pyroglutamic acid, serine, soy bean isoflavones, green tea polyphenols, coffee bean polyphenols), niacinamide, sodium oleate, zinc oxide.

Ingredients of the premium formula:

Potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, benzoic acid, methyl sulfonyl methane, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, amino acids (methionine, lysine, glycine, arginine, alanine, glutamine, glutamic acid, leucine, phenylalanine, proline, valine, tyrosine, tryptophan), sh-thymulin amino acids (alanine, asparagine, glycine, glutamine, lysine, pyroglutamic acid, serine), soy bean isoflavones, green tea polyphenols, coffee bean polyphenols, niacinamide, sodium oleate, zinc oxide.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your take on the reddit post I linked to?
My take is that usually skin has poor absorption for molecules over 500 Daltons - this treatment is around 850. I asked Vickers about this in an email and he said this: “The ZT is soluble in water and penetrates down the hair follicle to the bulge region where the stem cells reside by simple diffusion. The area is not keratinised within the hair follicle organ and thus does not prevent absorption.” If you look at the pic I’ve attached, the small space between the scalp skin and hair bulge region has a small gap. This is why the scalp is the most absorbent place on the body. Even if the absorption was a problem, you Could wound for better absorption which is probably what I’ll do.

Attachments

• C8172504-83F4-4ABE-9768-C180EC1245D8.jpeg
    C8172504-83F4-4ABE-9768-C180EC1245D8.jpeg
    21.1 KB · Views: 327

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
My take is that usually skin has poor absorption for molecules over 500 Daltons - this treatment is around 850. I asked Vickers about this in an email and he said this: “The ZT is soluble in water and penetrates down the hair follicle to the bulge region where the stem cells reside by simple diffusion. The area is not keratinised within the hair follicle organ and thus does not prevent absorption.” If you look at the pic I’ve attached, the small space between the scalp skin and hair bulge region has a small gap. This is why the scalp is the most absorbent place on the body. Even if the absorption was a problem, you Could wound for better absorption which is probably what I’ll do.
As a side question, do you think minoxidil can work better with minor wounding? Say 0.5 mm dermarolling?