topical spironolactone (again) and anthralin

jvantin1

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

This is the last message I'll send on the subject of topical spironolactone--sorry, i'm just so curious as to why women never seem to use it--it's all over the men's board. I've been using it for about a week now, and nothing--no good, no bad--to report. I'll keep you posted.

FYI: Dr. Lee assures me that there is no chance--none--of it triggering shedding. However, kevin on keratin.com says it may. Anyway, just wondering your thoughts on this stuff?

Also, I don't think i've ever seen a woman with areata on this board, but has anyone ever heard of using anthralin on Androgenetic Alopecia? It's an irritant, so I'm wondering whether it would "irritate" a scalp plagued with Androgenetic Alopecia as well as AA.

I agree completely on the subject on useless derms. I use the internet to do my own research and use derms to prescribe me anything I'd like to try. Usually, they're happy--suspiciously too happy--to comply.

Reaction score
Hey Jvantin - haven't heard anything about topical spironolactone but very curios if it has the same systemic side effects as the pill...keep us posted.

Doctors in general are all too happy to swipe your health card and pretend they're listening for 5 minutes - its BS