Topical Rapamycin, Autophagy (seven Words)

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@dgadgdea

Ive been inactive on here for the longest time. Forgot my password; been around the block and back with this hairloss sh*t.

The only active side effect free solution I have any hope for is the Dermastamping / Rapamycin / Autophagy pathway...

Ive been heavy into BioHacking and Biotech for the past 7 years. Im currently trying to get my hands on Rapa myself.

If you want to know if Rapa will straight up reverse hairloss this is what I am planning on doing:

- 1,5mm Dermastamp Monday and Thursday

- Apply 1mg Rapamycin dissolved in 1ml DMSO applied on the scalp immediately after Dermarolling only on Monday.

- Thursday is to re-activate the stemcell pathway from Dermarolling

Do that religiously for 12 weeks and take proper before and after pictures... I do not know if you are also taking Rapa orally but if you are I am sure you have done your homework on the 1 time per week 6mg dosing schedule that is advised by the leading experts in the field.

1mg topically in 1 location may seem like a lot considering they suggest 6mg for the whole body; however the absorption of 1mg Rapa via 1ml DMSO topically even with Dermastamping is not going to be anywhere near the systemic absorption of oral consumption.

People say "oh put .1%" topically" are going based off of what is generally compounded in topical rapa formulas used on abnormal skin growths. The .1% is also applied daily vs the 1 time per week method I am suggesting.

Using Rapa daily creates a negative feedback loop which essentially shuts down its effectiveness. You can do baby dosing to basically test Rapa's safety which has already been well established; or you could not waste time and follow my suggested protocol. The choice is yours.

Pfizer also sells a legit liquid oral Rapa which is what I’m trying to get a script for; that way no DMSO involved just straight out the tincture onto the scalp. Remember Rapa is extremely safe and ANTI CANCEROUS. There are also studies showing dosing of 7mg per DAY to prevent organ rejection in hospital setting with no severe adverse effects.

What should be noted is on 7mg of Rapa a day for I believe 30 days the patients had 30% lower Testosterone which recovered after they stopped Rapa at the end of their treatment cycle. THIS is another pathway to consider then applying Topical Rapa; perhaps in the mouse models where Rapa regrew the hair on Androgenetic Alopecia afflicted mice, the local suppression of T was a co-factor…. No clue; no studies have ever been done to make that determination.

I logged in after all these years only because someone decided to start this thread. All the other BS on here is honestly not worth looking at IMHO until it is actually available for purchase. Ive been around so long that talking about potential this and that is literally mental masterbation and a waste of potentially productive time.

Either nuke your DHT (potentially wreck your CNS); Calcium Channel Opener (degrade your collagen); Dermastamp; and that’s pretty much it for Androgenetic Alopecia. If you have other things causing your hairless then obviously there could be other options but otherwise its all a waste of time.

Right now NMN, NAD+, selective mTor inhibitors, Rapamycin etc are a new and exciting pathway we citizen scientists need to explore as they are also being pushed at the forefront of Anti Aging science.

Let us know who’s going to follow the Topical Rapa Protocol I’ve laid out….. lets discuss!!

https://www.researchgate.net/figure...ith-Oligomycin-and-Rapamycin-A_fig2_333861947

https://www.folliclethought.com/ucla-studies-hair-growth-using-approved-drugs/

Last edited:

dgadgdea

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for weighing in. I think I will begin applying my rapamycin DMSO/PG/Ethanol solution (2mg / mL) immediately after wounding as you suggest. I've been needling once every two weeks for 20 mins at ~1mm+

My hopes are not especially high for this particular component of my broader regimen but am viewing it as more of a "can't hurt" adjunct.

I'm Interested in the Pfizer liquid rapa you mentioned, let me know how that works out. I'll PM you where I bought my rapa powder from if you're interested in going that route.

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@dgadgdea
Using Rapa daily creates a negative feedback loop which essentially shuts down its effectiveness.
Really? The topical skin study showed considerable results from applying it daily over many months.

Last edited:

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@dgadgdea

Ive been inactive on here for the longest time. Forgot my password; been around the block and back with this hairloss sh*t.

The only active side effect free solution I have any hope for is the Dermastamping / Rapamycin / Autophagy pathway...

Ive been heavy into BioHacking and Biotech for the past 7 years. Im currently trying to get my hands on Rapa myself.

If you want to know if Rapa will straight up reverse hairloss this is what I am planning on doing:

- 1,5mm Dermastamp Monday and Thursday

- Apply 1mg Rapamycin dissolved in 1ml DMSO applied on the scalp immediately after Dermarolling only on Monday.

- Thursday is to re-activate the stemcell pathway from Dermarolling

Do that religiously for 12 weeks and take proper before and after pictures... I do not know if you are also taking Rapa orally but if you are I am sure you have done your homework on the 1 time per week 6mg dosing schedule that is advised by the leading experts in the field.

1mg topically in 1 location may seem like a lot considering they suggest 6mg for the whole body; however the absorption of 1mg Rapa via 1ml DMSO topically even with Dermastamping is not going to be anywhere near the systemic absorption of oral consumption.

People say "oh put .1%" topically" are going based off of what is generally compounded in topical rapa formulas used on abnormal skin growths. The .1% is also applied daily vs the 1 time per week method I am suggesting.

Using Rapa daily creates a negative feedback loop which essentially shuts down its effectiveness. You can do baby dosing to basically test Rapa's safety which has already been well established; or you could not waste time and follow my suggested protocol. The choice is yours.

Pfizer also sells a legit liquid oral Rapa which is what I’m trying to get a script for; that way no DMSO involved just straight out the tincture onto the scalp. Remember Rapa is extremely safe and ANTI CANCEROUS. There are also studies showing dosing of 7mg per DAY to prevent organ rejection in hospital setting with no severe adverse effects.

What should be noted is on 7mg of Rapa a day for I believe 30 days the patients had 30% lower Testosterone which recovered after they stopped Rapa at the end of their treatment cycle. THIS is another pathway to consider then applying Topical Rapa; perhaps in the mouse models where Rapa regrew the hair on Androgenetic Alopecia afflicted mice, the local suppression of T was a co-factor…. No clue; no studies have ever been done to make that determination.

I logged in after all these years only because someone decided to start this thread. All the other BS on here is honestly not worth looking at IMHO until it is actually available for purchase. Ive been around so long that talking about potential this and that is literally mental masterbation and a waste of potentially productive time.

Either nuke your DHT (potentially wreck your CNS); Calcium Channel Opener (degrade your collagen); Dermastamp; and that’s pretty much it for Androgenetic Alopecia. If you have other things causing your hairless then obviously there could be other options but otherwise its all a waste of time.

Right now NMN, NAD+, selective mTor inhibitors, Rapamycin etc are a new and exciting pathway we citizen scientists need to explore as they are also being pushed at the forefront of Anti Aging science.

Let us know who’s going to follow the Topical Rapa Protocol I’ve laid out….. lets discuss!!

https://www.researchgate.net/figure...ith-Oligomycin-and-Rapamycin-A_fig2_333861947

https://www.folliclethought.com/ucla-studies-hair-growth-using-approved-drugs/
Im interested in how you landed on 2x a week as well. And why rapamycin over a-kg which seems to also work and is much easier to get.

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@polishkickbuttowski @telogen

1) Using extremely small amounts of Rapa daily in a .1% topical cream may not exhibibt the same DOWNREGULATION of Cell Receptors as clnically shown in long term HIgh Dose Rapa use. Essentially the more often you hit your cells with Rapa the more and more you need for an effect. In a topical .1% formula it mya be different; however for ANTI AGING the current protocol is 6mg 1 time per week; hence why DGA's plan on 2mg/ml of DMSO is the right way to try and trigger a big response.

2) I landed on 2x per week based on the thread on here a while ago shwoing different cases of Derma rolling. Some guys bloodied their heads daily and saw crazy results doing that with minoxidil; other people and studies say 1 time per week to allow a proper wound healing response. Im going 2x per week based on giving the head enough time to elicit a stem cell response to wound healing without over doing it with can cause a WNT reaction / possibly trigger cancer cell formation. Which in theory the Rapa would mitigate.... but end of the day I hop @dgadgdea does his protocol and is kind enough to take beofre and after pics for us to see. Obviously he is also using finasteride which will help him tremendously. If he sees what we are hoping for then its a good sign.

As for A-KG I never said Rapa over that... I havent looked much into the exact pathway it works on. Rapa works on Autophagy via the mTor signalling as well as stem cell prolifieration on the actual fibroblast cells themselves in Mouse Models.....

Im currently just Dermastamping and trying to get a legit script for oral rapamune which I should be able to do relatively soon. As for online generics I can get that too but my country is INSANELY strict on internationl mail imports. I can get it shipped but its a 25% chance I actuallt get it in my hands...

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rapamycin being 914.172 dalton you definitely will need microneedling just before applying your solution.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been wanting to get on oral rapamycin for some time now but it's hard to trust on Alibaba. Anyone have any reliable seller?

Also, if possible one too for Metformin.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im going 2x per week based on giving the head enough time to elicit a stem cell response to wound healing without over doing it with can cause a WNT reaction / possibly trigger cancer cell formation.

This has been my concern with microneedling. Do you know of any studies into cancer risk with microneedling and how to avoid it or do you have any guesses just based on mechanistic reasoning as to what the maximum safe frequency of needling might be?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hit a snag with Rapa Topical. You need to wound for penetration and that's screwing my schedule for the 20 day cycle. I dissolve Rapa with dmso and make a batch of 10 applications or 2 1/2 months. Two issues ,dmso freezes below 18C so do I keep the solution outside the fridge? If I so what's the shelf life for Rapa at room temperature?

dgadgdea

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know much about vehicles but I made a batch consisting of the amounts below and it doesn't freeze:

DMSO 2 ml
PG 4 ml
Ethanol 9 ml
Rapamycin 35 mg

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This has been my concern with microneedling. Do you know of any studies into cancer risk with microneedling and how to avoid it or do you have any guesses just based on mechanistic reasoning as to what the maximum safe frequency of needling might be?

1-2 times per week at no more than 1.5mm should be fine but we are all different ages with different health profiles. If you know youre healthy then youll be fine.

Meeting with a buddy on Friday to see about that script.

My routine is going to look like this...

Monday: Needle, apply Rapa

Thursday: Needle and hopfully Apply 2 IU HGH

Adding AKG to my supplement stack and looking into Glucosamine as well.....

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ethanol is the antifreeze. You can avoid DMSO as iRapa is soluble up to 50mg per mL. I would also invert PG ,,& Ethanol ratios to be gentler on the scalp.