Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Messing with my fertility just seems like a really bad idea. I know some people are ok with the idea of just hopping on and off it whenever, but for me once you're on it you're on it. Reason 74 why i wouldn't want to use finasteride personally. I know some may say it's still possible to conceive on finasteride but id just rather not reduce my fertility at all.
It is. Are you on dutasteride or zix or anything?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
He's also done steroid cycles based on what I saw recently. Not a good example.

Edit: seeing your other post I guess that was more sarcasm. Not sure why you bother though, sarcasm works well in real life rather than text.
no bro my other post about finasteride being bad and duta good is not sarcasm at all, at least in my case. read other guys on forums saying the same.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Messing with my fertility just seems like a really bad idea. I know some people are ok with the idea of just hopping on and off it whenever, but for me once you're on it you're on it. Reason 74 why i wouldn't want to use finasteride personally. I know some may say it's still possible to conceive on finasteride but id just rather not reduce my fertility at all.
what do you mean by reason 74? are you trying to tell us that you are 74 years old? rofl xD

Dontworryabtit

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm (hopefully) starting topical dutasteride soon, anyone know what to expect in terms of shedding, time for regrowth, etc.? I don't really mind if the sheddings bad to be honest, I'll probably just buzz/shave it until shed hair grows back, I just wanna know what to expect

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm (hopefully) starting topical dutasteride soon, anyone know what to expect in terms of shedding, time for regrowth, etc.? I don't really mind if the sheddings bad to be honest, I'll probably just buzz/shave it until shed hair grows back, I just wanna know what to expect

people here have reacted differently to topical dutasteride but most have had a shedding phase that lasts for a few months. I personally think the longer you have been balding the longer your shedding will last. 2 here has had regrowth and two has had worsening of hair, most likely due to shedding. if you got nothing to lose and you ran out of products to try and this is your LAST SHOT at saving your hair go for it. I sure did.

sparta03

My Regimen
Reaction score
what you mean by worsenning hair ? caused by topical duta ? or it's just cause the product doesnt work and their AA progressed

Last edited:

Dontworryabtit

My Regimen
Reaction score
people here have reacted differently to topical dutasteride but most have had a shedding phase that lasts for a few months. I personally think the longer you have been balding the longer your shedding will last. 2 here has had regrowth and two has had worsening of hair, most likely due to shedding. if you got nothing to lose and you ran out of products to try and this is your LAST SHOT at saving your hair go for it. I sure did.
They're probably just in the early stages of treatment I'm sure it'll go back to normal, it seems a lot of these treatments need to "make it worse before it can get better". Thanks for the info man, I don't know when I started losing hair but my loss very slow. I think I'm gonna give this a shot once I can get my hands on it cause I'm pretty sure my Androgenetic Alopecia will be more aggressive in the future.

Edit: also think it's worth mentioning my shedding phase on finasteride was very brief (2-3 weeks maybe, though I've stopped using it) but pretty intense. curious how dutasteride will go, I'll keep everyone updated once I start

jd_uk

Reaction score
Interesting read, most of it we already know but still:

"Therefore if we assume that topical finasteride does not absorb through the skin and therefore does not go systematic then we can also assume that it does little to inhibit circulating DHT so in theory it would do little to prevent the progression of androgenic alopecia."

Wtf. Is it just me who finds this paragraph pretty stupid? The whole point of topical finasteride is not to systemically inhibit circulating DHT but to inhibit it in the scalp/follicle.

I don't doubt that most of these formulations 'go systemic', but the selling point is that they're not supposed to (at least not to the extent of the oral pill).

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Therefore if we assume that topical finasteride does not absorb through the skin and therefore does not go systematic then we can also assume that it does little to inhibit circulating DHT so in theory it would do little to prevent the progression of androgenic alopecia."

Wtf. Is it just me who finds this paragraph pretty stupid? The whole point of topical finasteride is not to systemically inhibit circulating DHT but to inhibit it in the scalp/follicle.

I don't doubt that most of these formulations 'go systemic', but the selling point is that they're not supposed to (at least not to the extent of the oral pill).
Yeah but who's selling point is that? How many of those people actually tested their serum DHT before/after. I'm guessing not many.

They actually did trials on topical finasteride in Europe, and If I'm not mistaken they noted that 10-20% still goes systematic. Once you use it everyday this builds up in your tissue just the same as oral and accomplishes the same affect.

sparta03

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ofc a large part of topical Fina still goes systemic there is no controverse in this statement. Still some guy who got bad sides on oral fina get better with topical. I don’t know if it’s just placebo or there is a real mechanism behind it

jd_uk

Reaction score
Interesting read, most of it we already know but still:

Another part of this post which is stupid:

"still present an attractive possibility for a combination therapy of topical Dutasteride combined with a low dose of an oral 5AR inhibitor to slightly reduce circulating DHT without significant risk of side effects."

Someone tell me what dose of oral 5ar inhibitor ehich can only slightly reduce circulating DHT. Finasteride has a flat dose response curve and builds up in the body. If there is an amount of oral finasteride which only lowers circulating DHT by around 20-25% (even after months of use), then I'd be interested in hearing it. But I'm not convinced such a dose exists. I've never seen anyone take measurements for this (which is frustrating in itself).

jd_uk

Reaction score
Yeah but who's selling point is that? How many of those people actually tested their serum DHT before/after. I'm guessing not many.

They actually did trials on topical finasteride in Europe, and If I'm not mistaken they noted that 10-20% still goes systematic. Once you use it everyday this builds up in your tissue just the same as oral and accomplishes the same affect.
It's the selling point of anyone who sells topical finasteride. And the people who use it believe that it 'doesn't go as systemic'. From my point of view if it lowers DHT to the same extent as the oral pill then it's a pointless method of delivery...in fact it's actually risky to those around us like partners and children who we come into contact with either directly or indirectly (when the finasteride rubs off on bed sheets, furniture etc). Again, people should have done a load of before/after tests for DHT to find a solution and dose which doesn't go systemic, but nobody ever did.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Ofc a large part of topical Fina still goes systemic there is no controverse in this statement. Still some guy who got bad sides on oral fina get better with topical. I don’t know if it’s just placebo or there is a real mechanism behind it
Placebo unless DHT levels are somehow less reduced with some formulations of topical finasteride. Again, this is the stupidity of the hair loss community because nobody ever pushes for studies based on hormone levels and instead just guesses based on 'sides'.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why the f*** would you take 0.5mg orally every 14 days to keep circulating hormones low when only 5% of DHT actually circulates in your bloodstream. With the half-life of 5 weeks of Dutasteride that will cause inevitable side effects if you are prone to them.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem is that the starting point of his thoughts, is that circulating dht is the sole reason for hair loss, which seems to go against literature. So the post makes little sense

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never thought I would ever touch finasteride or dutasteride, but topical dutasteride does sound promising. I am a little tempted to try it. Before I do I would definitely get a bloodtest. One question, how likely is it that I would develop gyno if trying this once a week at 0.1 strength? Honestly gyno side is my boggest concern. And how long should I wait to take the second blood test after the first application? What are normal dht levels?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, I believe @sonictemples has success with this method
I think he meant oral duta every 14 days like the guy wrote in his post. and sonictemples only use topical 0.5mg once weekly not oral as far as im aware. and sonictemples even use a generic dutasteride pill that he mixes himself with alcohol, generic drugs works just the same as brand name drugs. im done ordering topical dutasteride from these money hungry companies overpriced bullshit, and my package is stuck in US for a long *** time now im from europe cant deal with this sh*t.

Last edited:

Liqurt

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m thinking of starting topical dutasteride

do I use minoxodil max or strut?

a new tressless topical dutasteride transformation was posted today and he said to stay away from minoxodilmax.. I wanted to order minoxodilmax cause it’s easier and without prescription

So strut or minoxodilmax..?

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
tbh scalp DHT dont seem to mean that much, finasteride orally only reduce scalp dht by 40% and serum by 70%. DESPITE only reducing scalp DHT by 40%, it STILL has stopped and even reversed balding for MANY people without even using minoxidill, I mean litteraly thickening and regrowth just by using oral finasteride. this proves that serum DHT has a rather big factor in hairloss.