Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

sparta03

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on the 6th month with topical dutasteride 0.1% with trichosol once weekly and my frontline is worse than at the beginning.

Shedding continues, thinking of coming back to oral finasteride.
what's you're % and how much ml are you putting weekly. What about of the quality of you're hair after 6 month and your itching all ?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on the 6th month with topical dutasteride 0.1% with trichosol once weekly and my frontline is worse than at the beginning.

Shedding continues, thinking of coming back to oral finasteride.
im on oral and topical dutasteride the shedding is quite alot still or normal like I always had but not reduced since starting which is very weird since my DHT is super low. but I wouldnt say my hair is worse and my itch is far far far less now or even gone completely. I think my hair feels slightly thicker after 5 months or unchanged. my plan is to use only oral dutasteride at 2mg daily instead of 0.5mg EOD like I did which is too weak.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am offering myself to find out

I'll dose it twice a week for a month (test baseline, 1 week and at 1 month). If it remains stable and the same after one month at least we know that 0.025% could potential only inhibit 25% after 5 weeks of usage dosed twice a week. Finasteride acts during 4 days despite the short half life. Given the drug's half-life I doubt much more accumulation would occur.

Then I'll do it daily for another month and check again and back to twice a week to check for a last time.

I have no no further systemic accumulation with Topical Dutasteride at 0.1% once the cycle has been met. In fact may last DHT test came out above 300 and it was 270 before with 0.1%. It got has low as 175 with 0.5% but I mega dosed purposely to see.

I am done with Parati. I ran out of Trichosol and bought a few bottles. Got them. Insomnia, no libido, dead dick, no morning wood (it's 3am now and just woke up again after 4 hours) and anxiety after 2 applications of 0.5%. So much for Liposomes preventing systemic absorption. At least there is no brain fog. Also, it's a complete pain in the *** to apply this gel if you have long hair. It leaves it sticky for hours.

Back to 0.1% Trichosol after this. Open to try 0.25% as well.
all I get from oral dutasteride is weaker ejaculation "not always" it doesnt bother me much. my sleep is improving also, I had bad insomnia too the first few months now its much better. the dead dick and no libido and anxiety is in your head because dutasteride even boost your T.

Last edited:

Mr.Shelby

My Regimen
Reaction score
did you drop oral finasteride? thats scary
During the last year I used oral finasteride 5mg/week with good results and minimum sides, but I dont like oral antiandrogens.

Since this year I only using topical dutasteride weekly.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
3ml 0.1% once per week.

I have less hair and my scalp is fine, no itching.
why would you drop oral fina if it was working for you? did you have side effects? I think you should go back to using oral fina and drop this dutasteride. maybe the dutasteride didnt penetrate well to your hair folicles to make an affect and you were only using 3ml once a week, thats not optimal dosage I think twice or three times a week makes more sense, and you still have some serum DHT that finasteride was blocking but not dutasteride. my advice drop it now go back to oral finasteride. the less hair could be shedding and you COULD eventually see thickening. but I wouldnt risk it in your case since oral fina works for you with minimal side effects.

Last edited:

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just about to start topcial dutasteride and nervous about shed. What happens? Do you initially look more bald then recover?

Where are you at right now? Are you more, less or same baldness as you started with?
I believe existing hairs are thickening a bit, but too soon to tell for a cosmetic difference.
Maybe pretty much same on the baldness level, however from other and my personal anecdote, be prepared for a shed.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe existing hairs are thickening a bit, but too soon to tell for a cosmetic difference.
Maybe pretty much same on the baldness level, however from other and my personal anecdote, be prepared for a shed.
one guy I read about shed for like 6-8 months on oral duta he shedded so much he wanted to jump out a window he said. but it all turned out good at the end for him.

sparta03

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 ml weekly is decent dosage with 0,1% maybe 6 month is to soon for you or maybe it just don’t work idk

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going for 0.1% 3 times a week after the CB and finasteride experiment. I can tolerate 0.1% extremely well.

Mr.Shelby

My Regimen
Reaction score
why would you drop oral fina if it was working for you? did you have side effects? I think you should go back to using oral fina and drop this dutasteride. maybe the dutasteride didnt penetrate well to your hair folicles to make an affect and you were only using 3ml once a week, thats not optimal dosage I think twice or three times a week makes more sense, and you still have some serum DHT that finasteride was blocking but not dutasteride. my advice drop it now go back to oral finasteride. the less hair could be shedding and you COULD eventually see thickening. but I wouldnt risk it in your case since oral fina works for you with minimal side effects.
Because I dont like oral antiandrogens, I think is not a good idea to use it in the long time.

Chewbacca85

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used Topical finasteride 0.025% (compounded with Minoxidil at a German Pharmacy, no China crap) EOD and after 3 months, I had same sides like after 3 days of oral finasteride 1mg. Mainly severe insomnia with hot flashes at night that went much worse after stopping finasteride. 6 weeks after stopping it's getting slowly better now. I didn't check my DHT but I assume it was as low as with oral finasteride. I made a saliva test before I stopped at an online lab and it showed Free T, Estradiol and Cortisol all at the very low end of the scale.

7 weeks after stopping topical finasteride I did another bloodwork and my Free T is now high normal (although I don't feel like it), after 3 months of topical finasteride it was at the very low end of the range as I mentioned, what probably caused my sides like insomnia or hot flashes at night. My total T is also high normal now. Estradiol and Cortisol also normal now. Insomnia is getting slowly better.

I will do another bloodwork after the first dose of topical dutasteride to avoid, that it crashes my hormones again like finasteride.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a consensus on which commercially available topical dutasteride is the best?
the one from FUE clinic that mustang promotes seems best to lessen absorption into the blood. but be aware, this formula is mainly for pussies that cant handle systemic absorption.

jd_uk

Reaction score
the one from FUE clinic that mustang promotes seems best to lessen absorption into the blood. but be aware, this formula is mainly for pussies that cant handle systemic absorption.
*Facepalm*

The literal whole f'n point of using dutasteride topically would be to avoid systemic absorption. Hard to find a dumber comment.

jd_uk

Reaction score
7 weeks after stopping topical finasteride I did another bloodwork and my Free T is now high normal (although I don't feel like it), after 3 months of topical finasteride it was at the very low end of the range as I mentioned, what probably caused my sides like insomnia or hot flashes at night. My total T is also high normal now. Estradiol and Cortisol also normal now. Insomnia is getting slowly better.

I will do another bloodwork after the first dose of topical dutasteride to avoid, that it crashes my hormones again like finasteride.
What brand of topical finasteride did you use out of interest? People don't seem to realise that finasteride seems to lower free testosterone.