Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly, you still have lots of serum dht that reach the folicles daily this is why some say that topical dutasteride/finasteride doesnt work for them as I have read. You gotta at least reduce some serum dht if your serum dht is high, nuking all scalp dht while having high serum DHT wont save you.
There are different working mechanisms for hormones, dht is regarded as a paracrine hormone that is produced and used by the body locally , rather than travelling around

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly, you still have lots of serum dht that reach the folicles daily this is why some say that topical dutasteride/finasteride doesnt work for them as I have read. You gotta at least reduce some serum dht if your serum dht is high, nuking all scalp dht while having high serum DHT wont save you.

DHT is not an endocrine hormone that uses the circulatory system. Its Paracrine.

Since DHT is reduced from Test at hair follicles your post makes absolute no sense.

Young&thinning

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had one come in like that as well but it worked fine. They explained it's a vitamin that get's solidified with cold temperature.

They are now adding RH40 to the diluting process to prevent this on the next bottle as instructed by Fagron.

By the way, here is a picture of their pharma grade Dustasteride I took when I visited the pharmacy.
Thanks Mustang, do you know what other Vitamins and growth factors are included?

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yooo, so I am using topical dutasteride for 3 weeks now and I am shedding like a dog, is this normal? could also be my finasteride I guess? 7 months of usage.
Yes, I shedded heavily when starting topical dutasteride, and so did majority

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
yooo, so I am using topical dutasteride for 3 weeks now and I am shedding like a dog, is this normal? could also be my finasteride I guess? 7 months of usage.
im using oral and topical dutasteride for 5 months and im still shedding abit. be prepared to shed for months.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are different working mechanisms for hormones, dht is regarded as a paracrine hormone that is produced and used by the body locally , rather than travelling around
explain to me what serum dht means
From what I could understand he believes that Topical Dutasteride works because it goes systemic and the sticking to oral finasteride is easier in the long rung that applying a topical. He does acknowledge the sides on Finasteride orally but believes they can be managed by adjusting the dosage, for example 0.25mg EOD or even less. 0.25mg twice a week.

He was surprised with my crown though and so no miniaturization and knew I was only on Topical Dutasteride for 18 months.

He said I can continue with Topical Dutasteride but add low dose oral finasteride which I will do Topically. He said he is open minded to change his mind as more research comes in on this.

You have to understand these surgeons have been using this pill for 10 to 25 years on their patients with good results to stabilize their androgenic alopecia and this is a new thing. So is CB0301.
topical finasteride will go systemic easily because of the low molucular weight, you may aswell take it orally.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I paid on 4th May and received the bottle on 11th May. I live in Germany, it was send from Andorra. The FUE Clinic send me the tracking no. 1 day after I received the bottle. :rolleyes:

it sounds like using oral dht blocker is totally pointless when you can use it topically? oral dht blockers just boost circulating testosterone that reach the folicles and could shrink them "what happaned to mustang lol". but topically applied dht blockers wont boost circulating testosterone because it doesnt go systemic. if you only use topical dht blockers you will only have a boost of scalp T but not circulating. and if you use oral you will have a boost in circulating T and scalp T. and if you use both oral and topical dutasteride you will have even more scalp T plus the circulating T which means you will go bald. BUT according to a study oral dutasteride outperformed topical dutasteride and mesotherapy, but if I add topical dutasteride too it could be too much scalp T for my hair?? jesus what do I do. at least my total T and free T is low for my age. ever since age 20 it was rather low below baseline. maybe I should just stick to a higher dose oral dutasteride everyday 1mg instead of 0.5. much more convinient to use oral and not worry about not hitting every spot on the head and your hair absorbing most of the liquid duta...which it DOES. or worry about it not going deep enough to have an effect.

Last edited:

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
explain to me what serum dht means

topical finasteride will go systemic easily because of the low molucular weight, you may aswell take it orally.
DHT signals mainly in an intracrine and paracrine manner in the tissues in which it is produced, playing only a minor role, if any, as a circulating endocrine hormone.[3][4][5] Circulating levels of DHT are 1/10th and 1/20th those of testosterone in terms of total and free concentrations, respectively,[6] whereas local DHT levels may be up to 10 times those of testosterone in tissues with high 5α-reductase expression such as the prostate gland.[7]

Quoted from wikipedia

I read an article from Harvard some years ago, where they theorised, if i remember correctly, that serum dht is a small amount of the dht that doesnt manage to bind locally and joins the bloodstream, but doesnt seem to play a role. Could be wrong though

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it sounds like using oral dht blocker is totally pointless when you can use it topically? oral dht blockers just boost circulating testosterone that reach the folicles and could shrink them "what happaned to mustang lol". but topically applied dht blockers wont boost circulating testosterone because it doesnt go systemic. if you only use topical dht blockers you will only have a boost of scalp T but not circulating. and if you use oral you will have a boost in circulating T and scalp T. and if you use both oral and topical dutasteride you will have even more scalp T plus the circulating T which means you will go bald. BUT according to a study oral dutasteride outperformed topical dutasteride and mesotherapy, but if I add topical dutasteride too it could be too much scalp T for my hair?? jesus what do I do. at least my total T and free T is low for my age. ever since age 20 it was rather low below baseline. maybe I should just stick to a higher dose oral dutasteride everyday 1mg instead of 0.5. much more convinient to use oral and not worry about not hitting every spot on the head and your hair absorbing most of the liquid duta...which it DOES. or worry about it not going deep enough to have an effect.

"What happened to mustang lol". What happened to me?

I have had the best results of my life with just Topical dutasteride.

DHT is 5 times more androgenic and potent than T. It's much more harmful than Test as well. It also has a much stronger binding affinity thus is harder to compete against.

What you need to do is use both treatments. CB0301 at 7.5% (it will cost you 100 USD a month) daily and Topical Dutasteride 0.25% weekly or 0.1% daily or 0.05%. Whatever works for you.

This is the only way to address both T and wipe our scalp DHT. You can use oral minoxidil 2.5mg daily as well to extend the anagen phase.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT is not an endocrine hormone that uses the circulatory system. Its Paracrine.

Since DHT is reduced from Test at hair follicles your post makes absolute no sense.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
"What happened to mustang lol". What happened to me?

I have had the best results of my life with just Topical dutasteride.

DHT is 5 times more androgenic and potent than T. It's much more harmful than Test as well. It also has a much stronger binding affinity thus is harder to compete against.

What you need to do is use both treatments. CB0301 at 7.5% (it will cost you 100 USD a month) daily and Topical Dutasteride 0.25% weekly or 0.1% daily or 0.05%. Whatever works for you.

This is the only way to address both T and wipe our scalp DHT. You can use oral minoxidil 2.5mg daily as well to extend the anagen phase.
I already spend 287 bux for dutasteride a month 47 bux added from custom fee. It's enough for me. And As you said About dht being more potent, I already knew but you claimed that you went bald on oral dutasteride and blamed it on the increase in T. But you were also on low dose TRT, I think you are just lieing to make people only use topical dutasteride you promote, going bald on oral dutasteride is rare btw. And tbh its annoying that you keep saying pharma grade dutasteride instead of just saying dutasteride. It definately makes you sound like a shill for the company.

Last edited:

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We need CB at 15€/gr guyyyyyyyy :)
Maybe it will be better to wait for Kintor Pharmaceutical AR inhibitor.

sparta03

My Regimen
Reaction score
We actually need a nano particle vehicle carrier for topical duta and it will be the main hairloss treatment when this day will come

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We actually need a nano particle vehicle carrier for topical duta and it will be the main hairloss treatment when this day will come
You cannot "having" a magical nano particle vehicle. You have to use a sonicator to encapsulate your molecule in nanosomes.