Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have currently zero DHT reduction. It sits at 325. If I increase to 0.25% I see a little decrease of about 20%. At 0.5% I get more reduction.

I think I will use 0.1% EOD and maybe 0.25% or 0.5% once every 10 days for a little boost.

Also using a Low Laser Level Cap 15 minutes EOD. My hair "feels" thicker on it.

lasfourmos

My Regimen
Reaction score
been a month that i started topical dutasteride and a week topical min. Too soon for a changer in hair i think but holly molly my libido is unbearably high.

nico76

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have currently zero DHT reduction. It sits at 325. If I increase to 0.25% I see a little decrease of about 20%. At 0.5% I get more reduction.

I think I will use 0.1% EOD and maybe 0.25% or 0.5% once every 10 days for a little boost.

Also using a Low Laser Level Cap 15 minutes EOD. My hair "feels" thicker on it.
I'm current applying one a week, I may try changing to twice a week if i don't notice any improvement, Do you no longer believe that applying once per week is enough?

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm current applying one a week, I may try changing to twice a week if i don't notice any improvement, Do you no longer believe that applying once per week is enough?

I have results with once a week. I maintain my hair and shed very little but since I have no sides I have thought about doing a little more to see if I can get some more regrowth.

I am also leaner now with much less E2, my LH and Test is increasing with diet and workout so might need a little more.

Everybody is different. I can get away with 0.5% every 10 days and 0.1% once a week. If I get sides I will go back to 0.1% once a week

This is trial and error for me and after 18 months I am still experimenting.

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would just be easier if someone who is already on there would comment on it.

it was bloody painful going through these 68 pages here!
The discord has been organised somewhat (props to sonic) into specific channels e.g results, side effects etc but cmon you gotta put in a lil bit of effort man lol. There is no general consensus rn mate... but me, I’ve personally decided its a way more common sense application than taking any 5arI orally:) Efficacy is my biggest concern atm too!

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
on the discord serv other did also bloodwork on topical duta and we can definetly see a nuke scalp dht with minimal systemic reduction "15% at the worst"
On discord, I think there are no results for scalp dht but only serum, isn't it?

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it me or is it becoming more and more evident that Mustang may be a representative of Dr. Mwamba, if not himself? Another person said this in a rather insulting fashion a few messages before, I don't agree with his manners but I don't really trust Mustang either, started to get suspicious when he didn't share his blood work and agreed to sell bottles to forum members at the beginning of the thread.

I read a few parts of the thread but seems like you guys keep going over and over a single successful case for 68 pages in a row, despite some people claiming bad side effects from topical dutasteride... I wanted to use it but I'm not too sure after reading this. Also, I read that liposomal reduces the chance of sides, but on the tresless subreddit they've mentioned some clinics withdrawing the liposomal presentation due to increased sides. Who can we believe in?

Are there any other success stories here appart from Mustang's?
Apart from Mustang, I think only Sonic has claimed that he got results. From his pictures, you can see some change but very minor so to say. He makes his own batch with Avodart capsules, and as I said earlier, it seems logical to me.

Paul C

My Regimen
Reaction score
The discord has been organised somewhat (props to sonic) into specific channels e.g results, side effects etc but cmon you gotta put in a lil bit of effort man lol. There is no general consensus rn mate... but me, I’ve personally decided its a way more common sense application than taking any 5arI orally:) Efficacy is my biggest concern atm too!
Ok mate I’ll get off my butt and check it out.

Can you or someone send the link?

Delriver

My Regimen
Reaction score
topical duta has proven his ability to reduce scalp dht, so if ur hairloss is hormonal, it works
Do you have any reference to this information? An skin biopsy, a scientific study, any kind of hard data. Thank you
Apart from Mustang, I think only Sonic has claimed that he got results. From his pictures, you can see some change but very minor so to say. He makes his own batch with Avodart capsules, and as I said earlier, it seems logical to me.
But the excipients from the pills might get in the way of the mix, doesn't it? Even if you buy the vehicle and do it exactly like the compounding pharmacy, you don't have access to the "pure" original active compound, but a pill with solid excipients already added that make for 90% of the pill weight and could complicate the dilution...

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any reference to this information? An skin biopsy, a scientific study, any kind of hard data. Thank you

But the excipients from the pills might get in the way of the mix, doesn't it? Even if you buy the vehicle and do it exactly like the compounding pharmacy, you don't have access to the "pure" original active compound, but a pill with solid excipients already added that make for 90% of the pill weight and could complicate the dilution...
Its gel not pill

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(00)00600-2/fulltext pretty interesting study from 2000, this shows that topical isnt enough for some people, cause there is plenty of circulating DHT in the blood that reach the folicle that isnt being blocked, and this could be a problem for people who are overly sensitive to DHT and have high DHT in blood.

"finasteride may partially inhibit type 1 5α-reductase and decrease the production of DHT at the level of the hair follicle. Of course, the action of finasteride may also involve a combination of these methods. The lack of effect of topical finasteride suggests that oral finasteride works by decreasing circulating DHT levels."

Last edited:

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

Kaneshop sells dutasteride powder. https://thekaneshop.com/product/dutasteride-2/

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
https://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(00)00600-2/fulltext pretty interesting study from 2000, this shows that topical isnt enough for some people, cause there is plenty of circulating DHT in the blood that reach the folicle that isnt being blocked, and this could be a problem for people who are overly sensitive to DHT and have high DHT in blood.

"finasteride may partially inhibit type 1 5α-reductase and decrease the production of DHT at the level of the hair follicle. Of course, the action of finasteride may also involve a combination of these methods. The lack of effect of topical finasteride suggests that oral finasteride works by decreasing circulating DHT levels."

I wouldn't draw that conclusion based on that study:

Our study suggests that topical application of finasteride does not result in significant systemic absorption. Despite daily application of 2.5–5 mg of topical finasteride, there was no increase in circulating testosterone or decrease in DHT levels over 6 months.

They hypothesize topical finasteride doesn't work because they had no results. But they also saw almost no systemic absorption. This seems to bring them to the conclusion that inhibiting 5-alpha-reductase locally has no effect, but also that topical finasteride doesn't systemically absorb.

But they don't know whether they even inhibited 5-alpha reductase locally. It's unlikely because we already know that applying finasteride topically to the scalp results in significant systemic absorption, reducing circulating dht levels. Studies show it and our own experiences show it. The much more likely answer is that their finasteride didn't reach the follicle and wasn't absorbed properly. And you should note that this is a study on women, applied to their upper abdomen for hirsutism.

All of this is aside from the fact that other studies support the idea that dht is a paracrine hormone.

Last edited: