Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The studies says it helps and increased haircount on pubmed and on pmc on women and certainly didn't say anything about it making their hair worse. Been using it for a few months now with azeliac acid and my shedding is less I won't change what works. All I know is that it is a weak estrogen and 5a reductase inhibitor. Even Kevin man on youtube uses alfadratiol he recommends it even.
Show me the studies. Cause what i saw it did nothing

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am really excited to try this topical duta. Gonna do it only on the crown area and once a week for 2 weeks then once every two weeks.

goal is to get about 75% Dht inhibition in the scalp

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am really excited to try this topical duta. Gonna do it only on the crown area and once a week for 2 weeks then once every two weeks.

goal is to get about 75% Dht inhibition in the scalp
I really recommend you to spread the Dutasteride liquid around the NW7 area to prevents not just on the crown

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Show me the studies. Cause what i saw it did nothing
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12190948/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3412238/ a guy posted a study on a forum that it was working mild to moderately good on men and women. If it did hurt my hair I would be shedding more but shedding just recently slowed down alot while keep using 17a estradiol. I mainly use it as a carrier for azeliac acid and dutasteride I knows its weak af on its own. Added screens from reddit about Kevin man and Derek.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210717_153835_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20210717_153835_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20210717_175651_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210717_175651_com.android.chrome.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_20210717_175703_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210717_175703_com.android.chrome.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20210717_175756_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210717_175756_com.android.chrome.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding is a sign that it's working. When I started it topically it made me shed even more very fast and continued for several months. So don't be afraid of shedding you are still gonna be bald without treatments so take the chance.
so Did u end up getting a serious beneficial affect after the shedding?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
so Did u end up getting a serious beneficial affect after the shedding?
No just maintenance maybe slight thickening not sure but my shedding recently slowed down so I need more months to a year and even longer to see full effect. Peak results can be 1 year to even 2 years. It depends how long you have been balding, the longer the more time your hair needs to recover.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No just maintenance maybe slight thickening not sure but my shedding recently slowed down so I need more months to a year and ever longer to see full effect. Peak results can be 1 year to even 2 years. It depends how long you have been balding, the longer the more time your hair needs to recover.
Oh I see. I already have maintnenance. I barely shed. I am hoping my crown thickens. Thats all i need. Fact ur only getting maintenance is concerning unless…. Hows your side effect experience?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh I see. I already have maintnenance. I barely shed. I am hoping my crown thickens. Thats all i need. Fact ur only getting maintenance is concerning unless…. Hows your side effect experience?
You only use Castor oil and Peppermint oil huh? If I had maintenance like you, I wouldn't try dutasteride to try to thicken the hair up its a serious and strong drug. Maintenance is not concerning its better than to be bald my friend. Also I can see more results in the future u never know. My side effects aren't serious enough to quit the drug and be bald so I stick to it. But there is still a possibility that I'm still balding despite all these treatments.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm gonna stop using alfadratiol and azeliac acid everyday. I won't know if dutasteride works if I also use alfadratiol with azeliac acid daily...... So I may use it only once a week on Sundays with dutasteride mixed into it. The rest oral dutasteride ofc.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
But the side effect profile?
I have been on oral duta for soon 8 months, I have reduced ejaculation force, which means my sperm no longer shoots out just mostly oozes out. It can shoot out but only if im lucky. But If I wait a few days without ejaculating my sperm shoots out twice and the rest just oozes out. This side effect sucks but it's not too problematic for me to quit oral. Also my sleep is affected so I sleep worse but still not bad enough for me to quit the pill. These two problems is my only side effects. Otherwise my libido and boners are great and I think dutasteride has made me even stronger. I got a reply from a guy yesterday he told me he use 0.5mg EOD dutasteride orally for 4 years he has no such side effects that I have. He don't have any side effects at all. We all respond differently to drugs. The only way to know is to try it my friend.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on oral duta for soon 8 months, I have reduced ejaculation force, which means my sperm no longer shoots out just mostly oozes out. It can shoot out but only if im lucky. But If I wait a few days without ejaculating my sperm shoots out twice and the rest just oozes out. This side effect sucks but it's not too problematic for me to quit oral. Also my sleep is affected so I sleep worse but still not bad enough for me to quit the pill. These two problems is my only side effects. Otherwise my libido and boners are great and I think dutasteride has made me even stronger. I got a reply from a guy yesterday he told me he use 0.5mg EOD dutasteride orally for 4 years he has no such side effects that I have. He don't have any side effects at all. We all respond differently to drugs. The only way to know is to try it my friend.
Ya i agree. But i wanna know why we have different side effects and there must be ways to mitigate them

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys in all honesty what are the odds topical duta actually works for at least maintenance and the odds of dick shrinking and losing sensation?

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I will up the game,
I'm using topical Dutasteride for more than one week and my scalp still Itchy and inflamed and I don't have sides
My new approach will be

1x/week Dermaroller 1.5mm and topical Dutasteride 0.1% 2ml(Monday) It's basically mesotherapy

Minoxidil %5 1ml everyday but not in mesotherapy day

Nizoral shampoo 2% every other day

Zinc 50mg every other day

I will keep my eyes on sides effects if I have sides I just simple STOP