Too Much Visible Scalp When Wet? Norwood Scale Placement? (pics)

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
thixk nw2

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You have naturally fine hair and average density so you are going to see scalp if it's wet. You are at a NW2. How old are you? 24?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm 24. I'm still concerned though, since in different types of lighting there appears to be thinning in the crown. Also, I can't say for sure, but I believe that my hair was thicker before, but I never really checked, so I don't have much to compare to.

My hair differs when I comb it versus when it's natural/untouched. I don't know if the thinness around the crown could pass off as a cowlick, or if it's obviously thinning.

View attachment 66903 View attachment 66904
Wow, I guessed your age right on the money. Honestly, I started finasteride when my hair was slightly better than yours only because I noticed it getting thinner. It's up to you to decide if at this stage you want to start treating it or just watch it for now. But at least see a doctor who specializes in hair loss before you do anything.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you look more like a Norwood 1.5. Or maybe im in denial of how bad my hairline has actually got *sigh*

phamboy24

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this normal? (Pic)
My hair thins at the root?

Attachments

• IMG_5161.JPG
    IMG_5161.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 215

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
dark hair and harsh light can make this effect .
take propecia if you are concerned about your hair .
Add minoxidil and duta if you are crazy about keeping it
nothing more to do bro

phamboy24

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dark hair and harsh light can make this effect .
take propecia if you are concerned about your hair .
Add minoxidil and duta if you are crazy about keeping it
nothing more to do bro
I literally tried plenty of different light.. Not all my hair thins out at the root.
But my father went Norwood 4.5 at 27 but he had a rough time because of war and hunger..
I seems to shed a lot in fall/winter but my hair used to be thicker( it have been thicker after oils for 1 months).. my hairline hasn't moved for over 3-5 years. (Maybe mature hairline?? Dont know because of high temples)
Shedding thick hair and about 20-55 at day if I keep running my hands through my hair.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
according to me you have normal hair for a 24 yo , but you can take propecia to maitain your current status if you are lucky