Today I Quit Rogaine. I Will Write About The Full Journey.

rafiles

Established Member
Reaction score
I stopped using on one side for a month or so. Then I went down to one day just on once side for a few weeks. Then quit. So I have completely quit for 6 months.

The hair loss was bad when I was on it. I was on for 8 months, no major regrowth, lots of shedding. It's the worst it has been.

I won't go back on because my hair can not handles anymore shedding. I am booking in to see a tricologist about the hailoss and a doctor about the depression.

My head is currently itching as are my legs hands and feet, which is weirdly what happens to me when I'm shedding. So I am gearing up to lose even more :(

Did you only use Liquid or also Foam, You can also test minoxidil Foam or minoxidil without PG (propylene glycol). Did you had any regrowth.

If you had regrowth with minoxidil, then most likely shedding will continue, but some day it stops and maybe a bit regrowth and it will be the same as if you never used minoxidil. (This was quitting minoxidil).

As I mentioned before I used minoxidil and quitted, but nothing happened (no shedding), but I also had no regrowth while using.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i just started minoxidil about 7 weeks ago--so far really good results for early use.

Can you explain or give me a link to the DHT to hair follicle ratio?..I'm just curious.
No link per se, there is no correlation between minoxidil and dht we know of.

Good thread, please keep updating

Dan87

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm booked in with the tricologist tomorrow. I will update you all soon. I hope she will tell me there is lots of regrowth that I can't quite see, but that's me being hopeful.

My hair is still very thin. In sunlight I can see through it. But in normal light it looks pretty ok. Regrowth around my hairline continues but looks bug eaten. Temples, I can still feel spiked regrowth but not much change visually.

Dan87

Reaction score
So I had my appointment today. The hairs that have been growing back have been miniaturised.

I have just started on finesteride and miloxodil tablets. Took my first one tonight. I was also quoted for a hair transplant that will require 1800 grafts and set me back 15000.

I am thinking of doing it.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil is not a good treatment. Super agressive for minimal results.

Suswang

Established Member
Reaction score
For those of you who had bad reactions (on the scalp), can you please specify if you were using the liquid or foam? Anyone with even somewhat sensitive skin needs to avoid the liquid for sure.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im only using like maybe a pea sized amount directly on temples once a day and i wish i never started... Does anyone ever have anything positive to say about minoxidil? It seems its horror story after horror story. Is this because all these said people are only using minoxidil and not finasteride and minoxidil?

For me Minoxidil is a fantastic treatment.

I use 5% foam half a cap 1x a day..

I have had no negative side effects.

First two weeks nothing.

second two weeks shedding increase about 150 to 200 hairs a day.

Then hair growth started at 5th week and massive shedding stopped which i had not expected because I had low expectations

I am on it now for 2 months and i would say i got a good amount of regrowth already.

My hairs that were short cycling (growing an inch then falling out) stopped completely >>this had been happening for 3 years. Now they are rooted in my head.

Only other treatment i am on is topical spironolactone/estrodial.

and iron pills (I'm woman and they recommend getting ferritin up when doing hair loss treatments they work better)

Im looking forward to see where i am in few months.

I understand someone quiting due to hives. I had hives once before from supplements and it was annoying.

But if i got hives from minoxidil i would try variety of brands and forms to make sure.

Allergies are funky so many ingredients in products can never be sure what it is exactly.

Just my own opinion.