Today I Felt A Shred Of Sympathy For A Vacuous Chad Norwood-1

blackg

Reaction score
You guys think you'd be smart if you were like them? Super good looking since birth, always in an environment with other good looking people. Being able to cruise through life without studying or working in general. Would you know about history, science and what's currently going on in the world when you can go to the club on any given day and f*** 8s? When you have an instagram filled with sl*ts asking for your dink/puss?

I think I would be a completely different person if I was super good looking for the entirety of my life. Maybe I'd be just like this guy, who knows.
Well fuckin said mate! Well said.
You're a lateral thinker.
We need more of you!

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a woeful misreading of my post. Woeful.
Also... I think the reason the producers picked this couple is primarily because of the way they look.

Just because these two people found nothing to communicate about is no indication of their respective intelligence.

I wonder how any of us would go on a date with a total stranger, miked up so even word you utter is recorded, two or three cameras pointing in your direction and the whole damn world watching (potentiallly)

Yep, all the armchair quarterbacks would totally nail it!

Besides.. How much screen time was this "date" actually given in the show?

Five minutes? Six minutes?

So a 2 hour date, let's say, has been boiled down to a sensationalist and very entertaining (of course) five or six minutes of screen actual time.
And you think in this time that you can get an accurate portrayal of the respective character and intellect of two total strangers?

Haha... Come on! You're above this!
That is why I've been so critical of you lately, h.l.
Because you have disappointed me, son.

It's a woeful misreading of your post and then you don't explain why? I didn't misread anything, your point is that just because editors do their editing, these people are surely way more intelligent than the show gives them credit for.

This is based on nothing. Nothing.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys think you'd be smart if you were like them? Super good looking since birth, always in an environment with other good looking people. Being able to cruise through life without studying or working in general. Would you know about history, science and what's currently going on in the world when you can go to the club on any given day and f*** 8s? When you have an instagram filled with sl*ts asking for your dink/puss?

I think I would be a completely different person if I was super good looking for the entirety of my life. Maybe I'd be just like this guy, who knows.

Well that was the point of the thread, feeling some sense of sympathy for this guy. I'm pretty sure I wrote about this somewhere in there.

blackg

Reaction score
The argument is "I didn't even see this show but editors edit things, so that's definitely what happened!" what a f*****g brainbox!

Nah, I did see the show, mate.
It was on down here recently.
As I was watching how these two were being portrayed I remember shaking my head thinking "Well this is only gonna further the stereotype."

But that's what we all want, right?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The most frustrating part of @blackg's response to this is that in my original post I actually acknowledged the fact that editors and producers push a certain theme with each couple, but I deleted that paragraph because I felt everyone knows this anyway, what's the reasoning behind pointing out something so obvious?

And then whiny ol' frustrated blackg comes along and takes his opportunity, and runs with it.

Just because editors edit, these people are way smarter than what I give them credit for. I watched a woman try to wink for half a minute, un-edited, and she's smart, because editors edit sh*t.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah, I did see the show, mate.
It was on down here recently.
As I was watching how these two were being portrayed I remember shaking my head thinking "Well this is only gonna further the stereotype."

But that's what we all want, right?

There's attractive people on the show all the time, who are passably intelligent, why are you so f*****g sure that this is not the case with these two?

Last edited:

blackg

Reaction score
It's a woeful misreading of your post and then you don't explain why? I didn't misread anything, your point is that just because editors do their editing, these people are surely way more intelligent than the show gives them credit for.

This is based on nothing. Nothing.
Well, it's actually based on a bit of life experience, but I really can't be fucked.... Lolz.

As long as you are entertained by these type of shows (I was too...by this show at least, so I'm not being elitist), then I'm happy for ya.
I truly am

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well fuckin said mate! Well said.
You're a lateral thinker.
We need more of you!

I'm going to add this to your list of bad qualities in a human being. In the heat of this argument you're taking a little side-swipe at myself, this feels like being in a relationship. It's all passive aggressive bullshit.

So let me get your point straight, you're defending the couple because editors make them look stupid, Bateman is saying they actually are stupid and it's because they're good looking (a point I already made) and you're agreeing that they are stupid, but the editors are just making them look stupid?

f***.

I regularly express that I appreciate Bateman's posts a lot, but his post here was just OK, it's a fine thought, no problem or anything, and you're like "OH GREAT POINT M8 U SO SMAWT WHY AINT OTHERZ LIKE DIS"

blackg

Reaction score
The most frustrating part of @blackg's response to this is that in my original post I actually acknowledged the fact that editors and producers push a certain theme with each couple, but I deleted that paragraph because I felt everyone knows this anyway, what's the reasoning behind pointing out something so obvious?

Because it totally would have undermined the premise of your post.
Maybe that's why you deleted this part?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because it totally would have undermined the premise of your post.
Maybe that's why you deleted this part?

I just f*****g wrote why in that same quote, it's obvious and you are the only moron who thinks you have this unique insight.

I admitted things that didn't fit the narrative I was going for as well.

blackg

Reaction score
I'm going to add this to your list of bad qualities in a human being. In the heat of this argument you're taking a little side-swipe at myself, this feels like being in a relationship. It's all passive aggressive bullshit.

So let me get your point straight, you're defending the couple because editors make them look stupid, Bateman is saying they actually are stupid and it's because they're good looking (a point I already made) and you're agreeing that they are stupid, but the editors are just making them look stupid?

f***.

Yes, I saw the slight contradiction in praising Bateman's post.
But it was from an angle I can appreciate and I think you can too.

blackg

Reaction score
I just f*****g wrote why in that same quote, it's obvious and you are the only moron who thinks you have this unique insight.

I admitted things that didn't fit the narrative I was going for as well.
Haha... Ok settle down...
I love you h.l. but you disappoint me when you diss people and make comments like.. and I'm paraphrasing;
"Maybe her mother bought her those flowers because she didn't wet the bed this week."

That was poor form, mate.
A grown man making these snarky comments about a person they've never met makes me feel embarrassed to be human.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I saw the slight contradiction in praising Bateman's post.
But it was from an angle I can appreciate and I think you can too.

Uh no, slight contradiction?

Your shitty argument has been that editors are making these people look stupid, then you jump on someone's dick who is saying they are stupid.

How is that a slight contradiction? Just because editors make people look stupid, why does that necessarily mean these people aren't stupid?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha... Ok settle down...
I love you h.l.but you disappoint me when you diss people and make comments like.. and I'm paraphrasing;
"Maybe her mother bought her those flowers because she didn't wet the bed this week."

That was poor form, mate.
A grown man making these snarky comments about a person they've never met makes me feel embarrassed to be human.

You are so up your own arse lately you refuse to find humour in anything. How exactly will that comment on a hair loss forum, make that girl feel bad? It's humour, satire, parody, you are becoming so hypocritically politically correct for the sake of being an asshat.

I'll settle down once you stop picking apart sh*t for the sake of it, you haven't defended anything I've brought up.

blackg

Reaction score
Uh no, slight contradiction?

Your shitty argument has been that editors are making these people look stupid, then you jump on someone's dick who is saying they are stupid.

How is that a slight contradiction? Just because editors make people look stupid, why does that necessarily mean these people aren't stupid?
"Stupid" is subject to an environment any given person, or two, finds him or herself in at any given time.

Unless they redo and rename that show "IQ test on first date" then we the salivating general public have absolutely no idea.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Stupid" is subject to an environment any given person, or two, finds him or herself in at any given time.

Unless they redo and rename that show "IQ test on first date" then we the salivating general public have absolutely no idea.

Oh f***, why did I even click my alerts for this. It's not like it took much energy but still.

blackg

Reaction score
You are so up your own arse lately you refuse to find humour in anything. How exactly will that comment on a hair loss forum, make that girl feel bad? It's humour, satire, parody,...

Well it was poor humor.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only your psychologist can answer this question.
Just a joke, h.l.

Now I know what a schizophreniac feels like when he has a whiny little voice in the back of his head.

>Your posts for the past few months.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Y'know what @blackg I'm not going to just let this go out of exhaustion, because I need to knock you off your arrogant perch, it's good for you.

Why are you so insistent that these people have to be somewhat smart, just because editors enhance their stupidity?

Why would you assume that I'm stupid enough not to realise that editors do this, and I can't differentiate between the illusions TV shows present, and reality?

If you're going to dodge these questions yet again then don't even f*****g bother replying.