To all you skinny sh*t motherfuckers

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
my knees can't handle squats, though I can do leg extensions with medium weight. I'm not sure if I'm ready for dead lifts either. Could that be impacting my upper body strength?

If your knees are bad, doing leg extensions are the last thing you want to be doing. Even for people with great knees, the general consensus among good personal trainers (Dave Tate, Eric Cressey etc) is that leg extensions are bad.

Even if your knees are bad, doing *** to grass squats should be ok. In fact, doing ATG squats is actually good for your knees. Also - you can wrap your knees if you are really worried.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Zeal said:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

Some of the best stuff I've ever seen on the net

Amen to that.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Zeal said:

that is a fantastic link ive learnd so much and i still have to learn alot
im really greatfull for this link this is exactly what ive been looking for
i think ill change my workout now for a montho or two anג focus on lowerback abs and legs and then start this rippetoe program
the problom with all those exercises is that i never did most of them and hope i can do it right without injury

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:
then start this rippetoe program
the problom with
all those exercises is that i never did most of them and hope i can do it right without injury

When you do start, go to bodybuilding.com and make a journal. If nothing else, it'll help you keep track of your weight increases and bodyweight increases. Plus it's nice to get feedback from other lifters.

CCS

Reaction score
Zeal said:

saved.

CCS

Reaction score
I read in an article on bodybuilding.com that if you are a novice and not on roids and spend more than 20-30 minutes on a muscle group, and are using propper intensity, you probably will overtrain. It says you can train intensely, or for a long time, but not both. So if you go all out on your set, and wait 1-1.5 minutes between heavy sets, you should not last more than 20-30 minutes. Probably high reps in good form could last 30 minutes, and low reps with assistance at the end would last 10 minutes.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just a bump to prove how quickly skinny guys can gain weight if you eat a lot and stop doing cardio.

I've gained 25lbs in the last 12 weeks. I weighed 198lbs the first Sunday in December, and as of yesterday, I weigh 223lbs. My waist size has not changed at all...still a 34 inch waist.

That means a good portion of my gains have been muscle. I know that some people say you can't gain more than 2lbs of muscle in a month, but I think that's BS...Especially when you've taken a long time off of lifting.

Zeal

Reaction score
Harie said:
Just a bump to prove how quickly skinny guys can gain weight if you eat a lot and stop doing cardio.

I've gained 25lbs in the last 12 weeks. I weighed 198lbs the first Sunday in December, and as of yesterday, I weigh 223lbs. My waist size has not changed at all...still a 34 inch waist.

That means a good portion of my gains have been muscle. I know that some people say you can't gain more than 2lbs of muscle in a month, but I think that's BS...Especially when you've taken a long time off of lifting.

How much are you eating calorie-wise? What was your weight before and after?

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't know how much calorie wise I was eating. On lifting days, I ate 7 times per day. 3 "meals" were protein shakes. On non-lifting days, I'd eat 5x per day. 2 "meals" were protein shakes.

Since my diet every day was a bit different, I can only generalize that I consumed around 3,500 - 4,000 calories per day.

I weighed 198lbs at the beginning of December. And as of yesterday, I weigh 223lbs. My goal is to weigh 250lbs and then cut down a bit to a leanish 225lbs.

In 2005, I weighed 180lbs, which I had been most of my adult life. No matter what I did, I just couldn't put on weight. Not because I couldn't put on weight, but because I didn't know how to put on weight. I only ate a few times per day, and did a lot of cardio. So while I lifted and took protein powder, it wasn't enough. Yes, I got semi-cut, but was still very skinny.

I lifted for about 6 months in 2005 and put on around 30lbs. I took most of 2006 off due to school and time constraints and lost a lot of muscle and gained some fat.

6'3" and 180lbs is pretty skinny!

Zeal

Reaction score
Whoops. I knew that you gave your before and after weight. I'm not really sure why I asked for it despite that.

Thanks for the info.

CCS

Reaction score
sgfdsgfds

G

my sister's boyfriend is 145 pounds and 6'2", and probably 3% body fat. He agrees I need to eat more

Uh, first off, I don't think there's any friggin way that your sister's boyfriend is 3% body fat. I really really doubt that he's less than 4%, and I doubt that as well.

But it's laughable that someone who is borderline underweight would tell you that you need to eat more when you weigh 5 pounds more and are 6 inches shorter.

And I am telling you that there is no way he lifts heavy when he is that tiny. Next you're going to tell us that he reps sets of 400 bench 10 times for 3 of them.

G

Dude, 6'2 and 145pounds is disgustingly thin. He might be 3% body fat because he is skin and bones. That's very underweight.

G

badasshairday said:
Dude, 6'2 and 145pounds is disgustingly thin. He might be 3% body fat because he is skin and bones. That's very underweight.

actually according to the BMI, which is somewhat flawed, he's borderline underweight. 18.6 and underweight is 18.5. but i guarantee you that that "skinny sh*t motherfucker" does absolutely no heavy lifting. now ccs's sister may do some heavy lifting but we don't know, because we haven't gotten her stats.

CCS

Reaction score
badasshairday said:

I don't see any bones. Just every muscle in his body in full detail. He looks like a peice of cordwood. I can see every connection in his lats going to where his ribs would be, though I can't see the ribs. He says he eats 6000 calories per day, and that his max bench is about 205.

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't see any bones. Just every muscle in his body in full detail. He looks like a peice of cordwood. I can see every connection in his lats going to where his ribs would be, though I can't see the ribs. He says he eats 6000 calories per day, and that his max bench is about 205.

That is f*king disgusting. I hope you're not trying to look like that CCS!!!? Jesus Christ.

s.a.f

Reaction score
6000 calories !!? and he weighs 145lbs! Then he's either bullshitting you or he's doing some serious cardio.