To all Suicidal HairLossTalkers ....

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
Not true friend. Let me explain. Main problem of hairloss is not essential lack of hair, its lack of frame for our face. When frame is lacking, our forehead becomes bigger and bigger, making our face disproportional. However, wide jaw and wide strong cheeks give prominence to lower part of our face and makes balance between forehead and lower part. Ofcourse, its not good to be fat, but some "meat" and mass on cheeks and jaw balances our face.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
And I don't want to ... take protein supplements or eat 5000 calories a day, so what do I do? there is no natural/healthy way that I can get huge.

I am not talking about huge. I am talking about built. Like http://www.hdwallpapersarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/4520291495.jpg

Yes, you will have to eat a bit more to get bigger, but not a whole lot, and once you get there, you dont need to eat that much.

I didnt say it was going to be easy

And bbsa, look at statham's neck. Or Mike tysons. A thick neck implies power. Which you would know if you had spent any time in a gym with weights.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I felt suicidal at the weekend, and a PM by Admin almost tipped me over the edge but this thread has made me feel a bit better. I'm also currently coming off anti-depressants so that isn't helping.

I know little about hairpeices, but I'm glad to hear that the technology is improving all the time, and that it will always be an option if the loss becomes untenable. Even if I have to borrow money to pay for them.

I turned 30 this year which is a milestone and part of me regrets wasting a lot of my 20s. I'm determined not to do that for my 30s - if I start rapidly balding then so be it.

too many young people are so concerned with their future that they forget to live for today - a cliche, but it really is true. So by the time you reach 50 if you've worked hard you may be pretty well off - have a big house and expensive car, and spent a lot of money and time getting the perfect head of hair through transplants - and all of a sudden you think: 'Holy sh!t I'm 50! what have I done with my life? I was so determined to get the perfect life, but now I have the perfect life I'm too old to really enjoy it.'

that's the mid-life crisis. No matter how much money you have the one thing that NOBODY can buy is their youth back. When you see that obnoxious rich middle-aged business man who looks so smug, I bet you he'd give most of his life savings to be 20 or 30 years younger. Don't be envious of him. He's envious of you.

the most fortunate people are those who are young and wealthy, but sadly for the majority of us that doesn't apply. That's life.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
Being skinny and bald is a disaster.

being SHORT and bald is.

no one is noticing skinny build, with clothes on there is no difference between skinny and a more medium frame.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I felt suicidal at the weekend, and a PM by Admin almost tipped me over the edge but this thread has made me feel a bit better. I'm also currently coming off anti-depressants so that isn't helping.

I know little about hairpeices, but I'm glad to hear that the technology is improving all the time, and that it will always be an option if the loss becomes untenable. Even if I have to borrow money to pay for them.

I turned 30 this year which is a milestone and part of me regrets wasting a lot of my 20s. I'm determined not to do that for my 30s - if I start rapidly balding then so be it.

too may young people are so concerned with their future that they forget to live for today - a cliche, but it really is true. So by the time you reach 50 if you've worked hard you may be pretty well off - have a big house and expensive car, and spent a lot of money and time getting the perfect head of hair through transplants - and all of a sudden you think: Holy sh!t I'm 50! what have I done with my life? No matter how much money you have the one thing that NOBODY can buy is their youth back.

the most fortunate people are those who are young and wealthy, but sadly for the majority of us that doesn't apply

Dude hairloss is never a reason to commit suicide or ANY reason for that matter...you will get through this...you are not alone.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Not true friend. Let me explain. Main problem of hairloss is not essential lack of hair, its lack of frame for our face. When frame is lacking, our forehead becomes bigger and bigger, making our face disproportional.

I'm quoting this as a response to Dannyboy who said somewhere that baldness doesn't affect our face. It does, drastically.
Just look at any good before and after photos of hairpieces and see the difference it makes yourself.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Right? Thank you Fred for providing an example.

The golden ratio (which is apx one third) corresponds to the human face. The hairline being the mark.
But the idea is that this composition is most pleasing or settling to the eye.

Without that marker, that hairline, the composition becomes unbalanced which is why most bald guys have that slightly unsettling look to them.

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
Right? Thank you Fred for providing an example.

The golden ratio (which is apx one third) corresponds to the human face. The hairline being the mark.
But the idea is that this composition is most pleasing or settling to the eye.

Without that marker, that hairline, the composition becomes unbalanced which is why most bald guys have that slightly unsettling look to them.

I tought that is something everyone is familiar with.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
You don't even need to be completely bald to see a big difference:

before_men.jpg

I don't know why, but this guy look silly in the first picture with a NW3.

That's because it is not a NW3. His hairline has receded making his forehead huge. Then you can see an island of hair forming in the front so that is already NW4. The rest of his hair on top has thinned out so the horseshoe hair looks longer making his appearence look ridiculous as todays standards promote shorter sides with longer top.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
well thankfully we have someone that knows what every women is thinking on the planet then.

fact is this is disproved by thousands of relationships where the guy is wearing a hairpiece with a woman who finds out -eventually- and the relationship continues, there is more to a relationship than your hair, if you had a big secret and that it's your wearing a hairpiece, its not a deal breaker, a bigger secret would be that you used to be in re-hab for something, not wearing a hairpiece, in terms of relationship mis-haps, it's not a big one.

however, transplants are NOT a solution, the price is just too high for the general public, and the results are iffy at best, maybe you are "going bald" and catch it quik, and with luck it can work, but if you are NW6 @ 25 you wont even have an acceptable head of hair, even after £20K is spent and it has taken 3+ years to materialise.

even then its £20 a month for finasteride,nizoral,minoxidil etc. and finasteride has sides which you don't want, if your conceiving a child you can't use it as well.

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairpiece IS a huge issue and deal breaker! For me, they are totally disfunctional except in case when man i as already married and in his 40is or 50is and then decide to buy a hairpiece so he can feel better in public. In every other case, when piece is on a head of young man, who is on way of having longterm relationship and marriage, it just does not make any sense. How? Why do we wear hairpiece in first place? To improve our look! If "there is more to a relationship than your hair", then isnt it very very stupid to camouflage and hide our aestethic hendicap? So, basicly, with hairpiece you improved your look, in order to attract good looking female partners . . . what happens when she finds out? Ok, she may stay with you, but isnt that one true DECEPTION, or even emotional blackmailing couse that girl liked you also becouse of your hair, and she is in position when she cant just go away.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
well fact is a solution is a solution that works in that it appears you have solved your problem.

It's like lifts, men wear lifts to make them appear taller.

the whole "she would not have liked me if I was shorter" debate is mute, people do it anyway.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
You don't even need to be completely bald to see a big difference:

before_men.jpg

I don't know why, but this guy look silly in the first picture with a NW3.

UCMan mentioned the golden ratio. There is more to it than that.

Hairloss is a sign of aging. However, in that pic he is trying to appear like a teenage boy. It just doesnt work with hairloss.

However, if in both pics he had a beard, he would perhaps not look so ridiculous in the bald pic.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
I would never be a beard compensator!

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Thanks for your concern Admin, however -

Hair transplants are not a solution. It doesn't matter how much the technology has developed. There is still a limited number of hairs on a person's head that can be moved. Developed technology can't fix that problem. Until technology can clone folicles, it remains a half-assed gesture.

It is like the 800 lb person who loses 400 lbs. Although that is a big loss of weight, they are still fat.

As for hair systems and toupees, they can be good at fooling the public. You may be able to go out and not feel everyone is looking at you as a freak, but as soon as you get close to someone, such as a woman, and they find out your hair is fake, they will see you as a freak and you will be thrown out like garbage.

It is acceptable for women to wear makeup etc, but not for guys. Women want a strong guy. A guy who resorts to fake solutions shows insecurity and not strength.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you going to tell us that in the "before" and "after" pictures posted in this thread that the guy doesn't look 100 times better and younger in the "after" picture?

I say it AGAIN his FACE does NOT change hair or not...eyes nose etc etc is the SAME...get it?...and yes he looks younger i admit but if he shaved his hair in the first pic he look ok also.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Hairpiece IS a huge issue and deal breaker! For me, they are totally disfunctional except in case when man i as already married and in his 40is or 50is and then decide to buy a hairpiece so he can feel better in public. In every other case, when piece is on a head of young man, who is on way of having longterm relationship and marriage, it just does not make any sense. How? Why do we wear hairpiece in first place? To improve our look! If "there is more to a relationship than your hair", then isnt it very very stupid to camouflage and hide our aestethic hendicap? So, basicly, with hairpiece you improved your look, in order to attract good looking female partners . . . what happens when she finds out? Ok, she may stay with you, but isnt that one true DECEPTION, or even emotional blackmailing couse that girl liked you also becouse of your hair, and she is in position when she cant just go away.

you may find out that she has breast implants - isn't that also deception?

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
I say it AGAIN his FACE does NOT change hair or not...eyes nose etc etc is the SAME...get it?...and yes he looks younger i admit but if he shaved his hair in the first pic he look ok also.

You just do not posses enough sense for human aestethic.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Dude hairloss is never a reason to commit suicide or ANY reason for that matter...you will get through this...you are not alone.

thanks for the support man. Hairloss is certainly not the only reason I've felt suicidal in the past - but it's sort of like the kick in the teeth when you're already down, or the sh!t-flavoured icing on the stale, mouldy cake

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
Only three combinations can make baldness little less ugly are:
1. Body builder, gangster type
2. Dark skin tone
3. Grey remaining hair