Tissuse Interview Published - Smart Hair Transplants

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
First, big thanks to Swoop for bring this to us; it's been a long time coming.

Anyway,

• "However the inductive capacity as well as the specific genotype of the dermal papilla cells can be regained by re-establishing the natural 3D architecture of the dermal papilla. We do this by generating our so-called neopapilla using a special cell culture technique. These neopapilla very closely resemble the dermal papilla in vitro."

Great news!

• We estimate it will take at least 3 years to finalize the first clinical trials.

• Price will be determined by the surgeons/clinics who will offer the treatment.

and this is where my enthusiasm ends.

As I've been saying before, you'd better believe those surgeons will charge a shitload. If THEY get to set the price, and we can bet this will happen with Tsuji, you are simply living in a fantasy land if you think this won't be insanely expensive compared to even contemporary FUE. Guaranteed this is how Riken will operate as well.

You can tell me all you want that no price is too high, but I don't believe for a second that anymore than 10% of you at best will actually be able to swing this.

and it's still at least 3 years from clinical trial numero uno. So, I'd be looking at my mid to late 30s before this would be available, and so many of you say you can't wait six more months.

It's time to accept that if you aren't a teenager, hair cloning isn't going to be a realistic option for you.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
This:

We are therefore looking for third parties who are interested in investing into the SHT technology to initiate the necessary clinical trials. In this regard, we are also looking at other funding opportunities.

This:

A true comparison between donor hair follicle and SHT induced hair growth would only be possible during clinical trials.

This:

The true test comes with the clinical trials and showing the efficacy of the method.

Aaaand this:

This depends on available funding for a proof of concept.

Tells me just one thing. No money, no real proof until now and absolutely no idea how to proceed without money.

Unknown.Unknown.Unknown.

However we are currently looking more into procedures performed by a surgeon using an applicator device.--> Replicel's device lol

baldboys

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lets be honest, we are f*****g done. Just hop on finasteride and pray for god your dick keep working.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you Swoop and Admin. Fantastic work as always! I know a lot of you feel discouraged by this, but remember that Tsuji and RIKEN are still aiming for a 2020 release.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
I can't even make a sarcastic quip. It's just too f*****g sad. Even resident gallows humorist @sunchyme1 has succumb to the 2017 malaise.

2018 is not going to be some game changing year. It's the year that most of our souls will be quietly extinguished.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you Swoop and Admin. Fantastic work as always! I know a lot of you feel discouraged by this, but remember that Tsuji and RIKEN are still aiming for a 2020 release.

Points for the optimism,

but I doubt that knowing that the success of the technology is currently hinging on one company's work provides little in the way of comfort.

I got chewed out for it by nhlpro a while back for saying it, but all this does is confirm it: If you're hoping for hair cloning, Tsuji is literally your only hope for the foreseeable future. Everyone else in that field either has nothing and/or is so far away it's irrelevant.

You are wrong...

Dude, how is he at all wrong?

The closest thing to coming out is Follica, and for whatever reason, that just wouldn't be worth plenty of users' time...apparently. If Shiseido isn't going to be an option for extensively bald people...what's left?

and you're going to say Tsuji, I'm sure. But even if that works, it will be out of reach of most.

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fortunately, I couldn't care less how much it cost, as long as it works and can achieve the density I will likely lack by the time its commercially available. For those who say they wont be able to afford it, then you must not cherish your hair as much as you claim, just my opinion. If broke *** girls could afford boob and *** jobs, wtf is your excuse(even if this is 3x the price of these procedures) You cannot put a price on piece of mind,happiness, and confidence. I definitely cannot.

mikes23

Reaction score
yeah I don't know if they will be able to figure this out with their current method. matter of fact, I emailed them a week ago about bio printing their follicles and they said this.

"Thank you very much for the link. Bioprinting is indeed a technology where we follow the developments very closely. We actually working with a company who we believe have an intriguing and different approach to bioprinting. You can check out their website here: http://www.cellbricks.com/

Even though we didn’t transfer the technology to printing hair follicles yet, it is something we might consider in the future.

Best regards, Reyk

with how fast bioprinting is progressing and all the teams/ universities that are working with bioprinting, I believe a cure will come from this method, if Tsuji fails to succeed. but as of right now, Tsuji is the only hope I see for the near future.

Reactions: H

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah I don't know if they will be able to figure this out with their current method. matter of fact, I emailed them a week ago about bio printing their follicles and they said this.

"Thank you very much for the link. Bioprinting is indeed a technology where we follow the developments very closely. We actually working with a company who we believe have an intriguing and different approach to bioprinting. You can check out their website here: http://www.cellbricks.com/

Even though we didn’t transfer the technology to printing hair follicles yet, it is something we might consider in the future.

Best regards, Reyk

with how fast bioprinting is progressing and all the teams/ universities that are working with bioprinting, I believe a cure will come from this method, if Tsuji fails to succeed. but as of right now, Tsuji is the only hope I see for the near future.
Yes, that's nice... but what happens with Androgenetic Alopecia?

mikes23

Reaction score
@dermrafok honestly my guy I have no clue, your guess is as good as mine. I mean everyone here is just speculating and i'm starting to believe half these hair loss teams are too. i'm just relaying what they said to me. the reason I asked them about bioprinting is due to the fact how fast that field is growing and developing. as of right now, I think their is only a few teams like L'Oreal trying to 3d print follicles, but their is a lot of indirect carry over from that field. recently they were able to print living structures and these living structures were able to maintain their structure and shape. so we can print capillaries, print blood vessel networks, and now we can print living structures that maintain and function as they would if they were in the human body. So my question is, how much more do we really need to print a fully functional follicle.? that's basically everything inside a follicle and we know from hair transplants the follicle will attach itself to everything inside the skin. This is why I am more optimistic towards bio printing because I believe its only a matter of time before the technology is here for that. And I believe that technology will be here shortly. where as, I have my doubts histogen, replicel, brotzu lotion, or the other stuff will ever come to fruition. I welcome every and any type of treatment that works, but a cure is long over due. its Tsuji or bust for a cure this decade. If he fails, then all my hope will reside with bio printing.

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you very much. You are very kind in your response. I hope we have a decent treatment. (Not only do young guys care about their appearance).