Tissuse Interview, Ask Your Questions Here!

NeymarJr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the difference with replicelis that tissuse cultivates the cells to become mini organs before injecting them in the scalp, whereas replicel injects the actual cells?

Does tissuse even inject or is surgical placement involved like FUE

H

Reaction score
This would be more like Riken then replicel this is hair multiplication.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:

"None yet but we expect it any day now. Basically we are waiting for results from a third party so there is not much we can do here to speed up the process.

Best,

Reyk"

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
I would really like to know how far they are from hitting the market. If they have to start clinical trials in humans then we'll wait for them for the next 10 years.

NeymarJr

My Regimen
Reaction score
No one has any info at all about the regulatory path or the potential density this could create? basically no info at all it seems other than the few sentences on their website. Very discouraging. This Roland guy from Germany has been working on this for decades it seems. Grateful but kinda disappointing the slower than snail pace

H

Reaction score
No one has any info at all about the regulatory path or the potential density this could create? basically no info at all it seems other than the few sentences on their website. Very discouraging. This Roland guy from Germany has been working on this for decades it seems. Grateful but kinda disappointing the slower than snail pace
They expect to be able to produce the same density as a normal human scalp that's straight from an email they sent to me. You've only been here since Tuesday how long have you known about Tissues? all the hype only started like 2 months ago it hasn't really been that long to get dissappointed.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Observing science and cutting edge research is painfully slow when you pay so much attention.

It's like watching a tree grow.

But I'm pretty positive about the team. They for sure know their science.

Last edited:

H

Reaction score
just found out that reyk (contact person from tissuse) is totally bald himself, NW7. the fact that he is the project leader there gives some small glimmer of hope.
If this can bring back an nw7 to full thickness nw0 id consider male pattern baldness a case closed.

H

Reaction score
what else did they tell you in the email? any word on when they will do the proof of concept study? (implant the first follicle into a human) or even a possible year of commercial release?
or any word about culturing efficiency or feasibility of multiplying the cells at all? (while maintaining gene expression of the cells)
They are in late preclinical trials starting clinical trials in a few years. They aim to produce results equal to that of the density of normal human scalp. That the price will be at the doctors discretion however they don't think it will be completely unreasonably priced because of the market. That's about all I got.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
They are in late preclinical trials starting clinical trials in a few years. They aim to produce results equal to that of the density of normal human scalp. That the price will be at the doctors discretion however they don't think it will be completely unreasonably priced because of the market. That's about all I got.

So if they're in pre clinical trials, and hope to start clinical trials in a few years how excited can you be about this? I know the more horses in the race the better, but we're looking at over 5 years, and that may very well just be hopeful thinking. That's a long time to hope a they stay funded, and can maintain gene expression...

H

Reaction score
So if they're in pre clinical trials, and hope to start clinical trials in a few years how excited can you be about this? I know the more horses in the race the better, but we're looking at over 5 years, and that may very well just be hopeful thinking. That's a long time to hope a they stay funded, and can maintain gene expression...
I'm excited because what these guys are talking about is not some coconut oil you rub on your head that may or may not stop hair loss and it may or most probably not give you a certain single digit percentage of regrowth. They are not talking about wounding or cell injections with who knows what efficacy. What these guys are doing is not screwing around not trying to save your dying follicles they are giving you new ones. If that takes 5 years it takes 5 years its a lot more of a hope for reversal then anything else people are hoping for besides Riken.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

No offense, but you really need to screenshot this email or something for your claims to be taken seriously; it's not like people don't troll these forums to either give everyone false hope or false doubt. It is a little suspicious that one guy is being given all this information and they still haven't got back to Swoop with the details. So maybe post it to remove all doubt?

Anyway,

I see Riken, Follica, L'Oreal, TissUse and, if it's relevant to you, Shiseido as being our best hopes. If what you say is true, I suspect TissUse could very well be the last of them to market.

H

Reaction score
No offense, but you really need to screenshot this email or something for your claims to be taken seriously; it's not like people don't troll these forums to either give everyone false hope or false doubt. It is a little suspicious that one guy is being given all this information and they still haven't got back to Swoop with the details. So maybe post it to remove all doubt?

Anyway,

I see Riken, Follica, L'Oreal, TissUse and, if it's relevant to you, Shiseido as being our best hopes. If what you say is true, I suspect TissUse could very well be the last of them to market.
Ya good call actually I got some things wrong I guess sorry guys. They are in preclinical stage not trial and will be in trials in the "next years". I haven't looked at this email since the day I got it I may have been over optimistic about it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170619-022623.png
    Screenshot_20170619-022623.png
    202.5 KB · Views: 226
  • Screenshot_20170619-023726.png
    Screenshot_20170619-023726.png
    169.5 KB · Views: 220

H

Reaction score
I see Riken, Follica, L'Oreal, TissUse and, if it's relevant to you, Shiseido as being our best hopes.
I also see these as the most promising of the company's currently for hair loss for me however I don't really think I'd be applicable for Follica and definately not Shiseido.

H

Reaction score
aiming to enter clinical trials in the next years? pfff, what a joke.
those emails confirm what i was thinking all along. they have nothing on their hand and haven't even figured out the cell culturing problem yet.
for them saying being in the late pre clinical stage just means they haven't figured it out yet, like we already knew from dr. beren atac's presentation at the hair congress. they will be in late pre clinical stage for the next 5 years until their funding gets finally pulled because tsuji and maybe even follica will rule the market.
their main focus was always the organ-on-chip technology and the hair follicle was always hoped to result as a byproduct with a bit of luck.
when they talk about their so-called SHT technique and aiming for high density it's just empty talk to keep the investor relations and their funding active, easy as that.
if they ever come back to swoop with answers, i'm sure they will word them in a very creative and good-looking way so that they can keep the illusion alive.

if they ever solve the culturing problem, with all the BS trials they are still at least 5 to 10 years and 1 billion bucks away from a commercial product.
tissuse is definitely a write-off and a huge disappointment.

tsuji is probably the only real deal ever. with a bit of luck and tuning follica could also be nice. we will know it soon.
Tsujis method won't be affordable to the general public till 2030 so that might be able to pull something off 13 years who knows?

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Late pre-clinical by definition means they're working on figuring out the culturing problem as the stage after pre-clinical is the trials stage.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just found out that reyk (contact person from tissuse) is totally bald himself, NW7. the fact that he is the project leader there gives some small glimmer of hope.
Ronald Lauster and the other science lead are also bald.

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
They're at least a decade away from market. EMA is the slowest regulatory agency and when you add the necessity for gathering funds between phases we won't see them for quite a while...
I know everyone is railing on about the cost of Tsujis method but I mean when it becomes available you'll be left with a choice. You either pay and get your hair back or you don't. For some it will be money well spent, for others it will be money well saved...