Tissuse Interview, Ask Your Questions Here!

mikes23

Reaction score
im still waiting for a reply. I agree with hey_what sad. we shouldn't all email them. I remember back in the day we had a few doctors come for an interview, and so many people asked questions they stopped replying and left the forum. think we should let swoop handle this. he can decipher everything they are saying and break it down in layman's terms for most of us.

I did come across another interesting article.....https://3dprintingindustry.com/news...te-bioprinter-can-3d-print-human-skin-104047/

it says a team out of Madrid, that partnered with the Scientists from the Carlos III University of Madrid, created fully functional skin from a 3d printer that will be able to go in use this year. here are some takeaways from the article:
"The university claims this, “new human skin is one of the first living human organs created using bioprinting to be introduced to the marketplace.”

i emailed them asking if their procedure could get rid of hair transplant scars and if it does, when will this be available to the public. on their website it says"Improve the appearance of scars in surgical wounds" but hairtransplant scars always seem harder to heal then other scars. atleast what i gathered every time i talk to doctors or people who do fraxel lasers.

can be transplanted to patients or used in business settings to test chemical products, cosmetics or pharmaceutical products in quantities and with timetables and prices that are compatible with these uses.Moving forward, the project is currently awaiting regulation from European agencies for use in skin transplants. While it is already approved for use by cosmetic testing as an alternative to animal testing."

idk how long their product has been in service for replacing animal testing, but hopefully it will become the gold standard. So it allow companies such as tissuse, organovo, and all the other companies to focus on creating a hairloss cure, instead of skin for cosmetic testing.

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
This company the the closest one to compete with tsuji, and I think it will be even better and maybe more expensive. ( Nissan and Porsche)

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
im still waiting for a reply. I agree with hey_what sad. we shouldn't all email them. I remember back in the day we had a few doctors come for an interview, and so many people asked questions they stopped replying and left the forum. think we should let swoop handle this. he can decipher everything they are saying and break it down in layman's terms for most of us.

I did come across another interesting article.....https://3dprintingindustry.com/news...te-bioprinter-can-3d-print-human-skin-104047/

it says a team out of Madrid, that partnered with the Scientists from the Carlos III University of Madrid, created fully functional skin from a 3d printer that will be able to go in use this year. here are some takeaways from the article:
"The university claims this, “new human skin is one of the first living human organs created using bioprinting to be introduced to the marketplace.”

i emailed them asking if their procedure could get rid of hair transplant scars and if it does, when will this be available to the public. on their website it says"Improve the appearance of scars in surgical wounds" but hairtransplant scars always seem harder to heal then other scars. atleast what i gathered every time i talk to doctors or people who do fraxel lasers.

can be transplanted to patients or used in business settings to test chemical products, cosmetics or pharmaceutical products in quantities and with timetables and prices that are compatible with these uses.Moving forward, the project is currently awaiting regulation from European agencies for use in skin transplants. While it is already approved for use by cosmetic testing as an alternative to animal testing."

idk how long their product has been in service for replacing animal testing, but hopefully it will become the gold standard. So it allow companies such as tissuse, organovo, and all the other companies to focus on creating a hairloss cure, instead of skin for cosmetic testing.

Does this skin product come with follcles?

mikes23

Reaction score
Does this skin product come with follcles?

No it is just skin. but if it works, then guys should be able to pull more grafts with strip surgery then get this done and it will allow them to finish w.e they have left to hit with fue. even though the donor hair will be super thin it wont matter, a person can shave it down. it will look like a military type of hair style but all that matters is the top. this is obviously huge for strip scar victims if it can get rid of scar, even guys bother by fue scars.

I like posting a lot of the new findings since I believe they will indirectly help hairloss like this one
https://scienceblog.com/492624/nanoengineers-3d-print-biomimetic-blood-vessel-networks/

it says " The new research, led by nanoengineering professor Shaochen Chen, addresses one of the biggest challenges in tissue engineering: creating lifelike tissues and organs with functioning vasculature — networks of blood vessels that can transport blood, nutrients, waste and other biological materials — and do so safely when implanted inside the body........
“We can directly print detailed microvasculature structures in extremely high resolution. Other 3D printing technologies produce the equivalent of ‘pixelated’ structures in comparison and usually require sacrificial materials and additional steps to create the vessels,” said Wei Zhu, a postdoctoral scholar in Chen’s lab and a lead researcher on the project.

And this entire process takes just a few seconds — a vast improvement over competing bioprinting methods, which normally take hours just to print simple structures. The process also uses materials that are inexpensive and biocompatible"...........Researchers cultured several structures in vitro for one day, then grafted the resulting tissues into skin wounds of mice. After two weeks, the researchers examined the implants and found that they had successfully grown into and merged with the host blood vessel network, allowing blood to circulate normally."

one of the issues with transplanting printed follicles is if it will take to its surrounding. will it be able to connect to the surrounding tissue and get the right nutrients and blood flow to grow. atleast this is what I remember being talked about. And also how long could a follicle that is created survive outside the body. this might be able to feed the hair nutrients while they keep it stored until a person is ready to get the follicles implanted. but i'm just speculating.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
If we get enough dough to send my *** to Japan, I could probably setup another interview with them (assuming they'll be there again... they should be though).

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
If we get enough dough to send my *** to Japan, I could probably setup another interview with them (assuming they'll be there again... they should be though).

@hellouser do you remember when Desmond came back from the hair conference a few years back, and had talked with someone that essentially asked him to be hush hush. I remember him implying that a company particularly that he had talked to had something hoped to be a cure but he couldn't give time frames, only that it shouldn't be much longer till a cure was here... do you remember what company it was that gave him that vibe?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
@hellouser do you remember when Desmond came back from the hair conference a few years back, and had talked with someone that essentially asked him to be hush hush. I remember him implying that a company particularly that he had talked to had something hoped to be a cure but he couldn't give time frames, only that it shouldn't be much longer till a cure was here... do you remember what company it was that gave him that vibe?

I think it was Dr. Lauster's team, but that wasn't a company back then as Tissuse didn't exist (I don't think). They gave him a private presentation of their work but couldn't reveal much. I had a similar experience with them two years ago in Miami, they couldn't reveal too much so my interview was basically notes and not an audio recording. They were VERY pleasant to talk to, probably the most fun from all the researchers I met with. I'm hoping to meet them again in Japan if we can raise the funds.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it was Dr. Lauster's team, but that wasn't a company back then as Tissuse didn't exist (I don't think). They gave him a private presentation of their work but couldn't reveal much. I had a similar experience with them two years ago in Miami, they couldn't reveal too much so my interview was basically notes and not an audio recording. They were VERY pleasant to talk to, probably the most fun from all the researchers I met with. I'm hoping to meet them again in Japan if we can raise the funds.

hellouser whens this new tech sh*t coming out man?

how long am i gonna be bald for?

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello
Well, Tsuji seem to be on pace for 2020. That's promising and Follica might be out NEXT year... but... you know, inexplicable delays and all.

@hellouser aren't you derma rolling still? I remember you in the forum derma rolling trial... Have you seen much come from it, cause I never did, and I was going at it exactly how squeegee instructed. Are you as down on follica as swoop? For whatever reason I don't care about the molecule is that they use, because we know wounding causes neogenisis, and I can't help but assume there is an art to having it work in your favor. Is it crazy to think follica had perfected that art in the form of technique, and timing of their wounding to create consistent results that we weren't able to do with rolling?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello

@hellouser aren't you derma rolling still? I remember you in the forum derma rolling trial... Have you seen much come from it, cause I never did, and I was going at it exactly how squeegee instructed. Are you as down on follica as swoop? For whatever reason I don't care about the molecule is that they use, because we know wounding causes neogenisis, and I can't help but assume there is an art to having it work in your favor. Is it crazy to think follica had perfected that art in the form of technique, and timing of their wounding to create consistent results that we weren't able to do with rolling?

Yeah, I still dermaroll from time to time. I don't do it as often as I should because 1) scalp goes red and lasts a couple days and I don't want people seeing it 2) it's painful 3) It requires a lot of consistency.

In regards to #3, this is where I struggle. My hair's density isn't the worst but it's not great either. After so many years of fighting this losing battle, you sort of just give up at times. I've honestly had enough of applying sh*t on my scalp. When I come home after work, I don't feel like doing anything... mixing topicals and sh*t almost every day is just f*****g annoying and I just want to take off my shoes and relax... watch a flick or something and go to bed PEACEFULLY.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what I got on 4th of April:

Dear,

I’m very sorry for the delay. I’m still waiting on our team finalizing an important milestone and hope this will be done in the next few weeks and will hopefully give me the opportunity to answer a few questions more precisely.

I’ll keep you updated.

Best,

Reyk

I just send out a reminder e-mail since we are 8 weeks further.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Multiple likes from here.

NeymarJr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Few questions someone please help me understand:
1) How does this differ from Replicel/Shisedo technique?
2) Theoretically can one restore original (adolescent) hairline density with this technique?
3) Any word on clinical development/timeline? Any rough estimates of what the timeline would look like?

I really would appreciate a response. Thank you