Time To Just Shave It Bro? 1.5 Years Of Treatment With Diffuse Thinning To Show For It

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tough call my dude. If you drop oral propecia then your hair is done, no going back. I vote try a lower guard or even razor while continuing atleast oral finasteride. If you like it long term then drop finasteride

I did a no guard around a year ago and I liked it even though I’m definitely not suited for it (skinny with baby face). I think you should give the no guard a try, if you don’t like it then you just have to wait 3 weeks for it to grow back

Ya with all the Minoxidil I take it won't even be 3 weeks lol it grows so fast

Yoadrian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be be honest, it’s difficult to tell with different lengths of hair, that’s why I was asking you, more for my own curiousity. I’ve been on finasteride for a year and I’m not sure if I’m maintainow by or not.

I think your hair looks fine for your age with the toppik (better than bald at least) I’d probably keep it how it is and just apply toppik. I’m already putting toppik in and I’m 22.
hey, iJust curious if you ever posted pics of your hair? Seen you on the forum a bunch.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Went to a derma today, he pointed out that DHT helps collagen production too, so it makes sense that people complain of bags under the eyes on that too. I'm so close to just pulling the plug on this anemic, sickly f*****g hair and shaving the fuckers

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Went to a derma today, he pointed out that DHT helps collagen production too, so it makes sense that people complain of bags under the eyes on that too. I'm so close to just pulling the plug on this anemic, sickly f*****g hair and shaving the fuckers

I thought the breakdown of collagen would be due to the oral minoxidil.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But apparently suppresing DHT also hurts collagen production!

If you suppress DHT, your collagen density may lower due to an increase of estrogen. But, it wouldn’t cause bags under your eyes. Oral minoxidil inhibits collagen production, which leads to premature ageing.

KAY MANUEL

My Regimen
Reaction score
Final post, if I do just shave it bro I'll need my beard, but I have a problem. I have patchy spot on my left check which I think is caused by acne scars. I'm targeting it with 0.05% RetinA and it seems to be helping a bit, but I'll need to improve my beard here if I want to shave the head hair. How can I fix this? Dermastamping?
I joined this forum as I have a client using Redensyl and needed some information for him, but it's interesting to see your post. Have you considered using micropigmentation for both your beard and to create some density. I am in Canada and have been doing SMP successfully since 2013. I have found increasing numbers of clients coming in with the patchy beard areas and it's easy to cover it up. Just a thought...

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I joined this forum as I have a client using Redensyl and needed some information for him, but it's interesting to see your post. Have you considered using micropigmentation for both your beard and to create some density. I am in Canada and have been doing SMP successfully since 2013. I have found increasing numbers of clients coming in with the patchy beard areas and it's easy to cover it up. Just a thought...

Sorry for the late reply, didn't see this for some reason. SMP would lock me into the beard and hair forever though, wouldn't it? I have considered it a good bit.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
just read the full thread, how hold are you now (30 i think), and you have been thinning for how many years ?

30, started thinning around 22 I think possibly earlier since my hair used to be so thick. Started minnox at 23

INT

Reaction score
Go for a lower guard. I can guarantee that you will look muchs better, you got the face for it.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Started minoxidil at 23-24

Why not just stop the meds and shave it to nothing then?

because a razor shave will give you no frame with your hair, but a ''buzz'' cut will still give you a little frame for your face !

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Dude those after wearing a hat pictures indicate that it's time to shave or look to get a transplant.

The pictures you originally posted where much better, these latest look like you are pretty much all gone. If those latest pictures are what your hair actually looks like, buzz your head no guard and keep your beard. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, you have the right head shape to pull it off.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Final post, if I do just shave it bro I'll need my beard, but I have a problem. I have patchy spot on my left check which I think is caused by acne scars. I'm targeting it with 0.05% RetinA and it seems to be helping a bit, but I'll need to improve my beard here if I want to shave the head hair. How can I fix this? Dermastamping?
don't shave under chin and grow it longer overall