Time To Just Shave It Bro? 1.5 Years Of Treatment With Diffuse Thinning To Show For It

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was quite active here about 1.5 years ago, you can see my initial thread here https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...rmer-lurker-here-interested-in-advice.108462/

I stopped posting when I got a regime that seemed to be improving the situation and TBH alot of the negativity here about hair loss is straight up mental illness and it wasn't good for my mental health. I kept my hair long and used Toppik to cover up the shrinking thin areas. I thought all was well. As of my now my regime is a concoction of minoxidil, topical finasteride, latanoprost, and tretinion 1x a day, topical rosemary, Ketacozonole 2% shampoo and cream (varied days), Piractone Olamine shampoo, 1.1 mg finasteride, 10 mg oral minoxidil, saw palmetto and pumpkin seed oil. I also dermastamp with a 3 mm needle 1x every two weeks.

I recently got a girlfriend who HATED my cover up hairstyle. She wanted me to wear something that "looks more confident." After a knock-down drag-out fight I got a #3 buzzcut (BTW she says she loves the new haircut which makes no sense to me). I knew i was still thin, but Jesus I didn't realize it's this bad. I'm at about a Norwood 2.5 but with heavy diffuse thinning. It's a real horror show. I don't have any holes or "bald spots" behind my Norwood area but the miniaturization is terrible (see my pics).

I've suffered decreased collagen and under eye circles/fat pad degredation, and although I've not experienced impotence I've experienced slightly decreased ability to get an erection, watery semen and noticeably weaker orgasms. I'd be fine with all of that if I had good hair, but at about 1.5 years out on finasteride I'm just sick of the sides while also having disgusting hair.

Should I just shave it bro? I have a hair transplant scheduled for a few months down the road but if this is the best I can hope for I don't see the point in throwing $7000 down the drain so I can have the privilege of using Toppik and cumming water for the rest of my life.

Attachments

• IMG_20190514_113842.jpg
    IMG_20190514_113842.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 1,974
  • IMG_20190518_224923.jpg
    IMG_20190518_224923.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,619
  • IMG_20190520_010019.jpg
    IMG_20190520_010019.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 1,457
  • IMG_20190520_010612.jpg
    IMG_20190520_010612.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 1,254
  • IMG_20190520_010042 (1).jpg
    IMG_20190520_010042 (1).jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,259
  • IMG_20190520_085345.jpg
    IMG_20190520_085345.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 1,835
Last edited:

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's my Norwood area with Toppik In

Attachments

• IMG-20190517-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20190517-WA0000.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 1,159
  • IMG-20190517-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20190517-WA0001.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 1,176

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Final post, if I do just shave it bro I'll need my beard, but I have a problem. I have patchy spot on my left check which I think is caused by acne scars. I'm targeting it with 0.05% RetinA and it seems to be helping a bit, but I'll need to improve my beard here if I want to shave the head hair. How can I fix this? Dermastamping?

Attachments

• IMG_20190513_115753.jpg
    IMG_20190513_115753.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 913
  • IMG_20190515_100820.jpg
    IMG_20190515_100820.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 865
  • IMG_20190519_194409.jpg
    IMG_20190519_194409.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 885
Last edited:

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks similar to my hair situation, my hairline's a bit more fucked, crown more intact but same diffuse thinning, probably bit worse even.

I'd go for the shave man. Fine lower third, good eyebrows, good skin, can grow a beard, head shape seems fine, you're good. It'll be liberating as f***. But stay on that sh*t. I'm kinda forced to shave every day cause the remaining hair grows like f*****g wildfire. I don't see what patchy beard spot you're trying to point out, beard just seems not super thick but that's fine imo. You can always try lathering it with minoxidil (check /r/minoxbeards).

Personally I do use topical cocktail (including fina/minoxidil etc), to at least maintain the little I have. Meanwhile I'll looksmaxx whatever I can (gym, skincare, tan, teeth, etc).

Good luck man.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks similar to my hair situation, my hairline's a bit more fucked, crown more intact but same diffuse thinning, probably bit worse even.

I'd go for the shave man. Fine lower third, good eyebrows, good skin, can grow a beard, head shape seems fine, you're good. It'll be liberating as f***. But stay on that sh*t. I'm kinda forced to shave every day cause the remaining hair grows like f*****g wildfire. I don't see what patchy beard spot you're trying to point out, beard just seems not super thick but that's fine imo. You can always try lathering it with minoxidil (check /r/minoxbeards).

Personally I do use topical cocktail (including fina/minoxidil etc), to at least maintain the little I have. Meanwhile I'll looksmaxx whatever I can (gym, skincare, tan, teeth, etc).

Good luck man.

Considering the affects of minoxidil on collagen would it really be a good idea to put that on my face?????? And what do you mean stay on that sh*t, stay on the hair meds?

It's hard to see the in pics but I definitely have acne scarring on the left cheek, let me see if I can get a pic with it.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should try an anti-androgen and estradiol!

Fina is anti-androgen, otherwise I'm on estrogen and cortisol blockers as well as tongkat ali to keep my regular T high. I'm not willing to hurt my masculinity to keep my hair by using tranny drugs.

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
Considering the affects of minoxidil on collagen would it really be a good idea to put that on my face?????? And what do you mean stay on that sh*t, stay on the hair meds?

I meant shave regularly. Imo the minoxidil collagen circlejerk is different for everyone. Could always try collagen supplements, you wrote you have retin-a as well. In the end you're gonna be wanting to grow hair there. It's just an option though, do with it what you will.

Both sides of your beard look about equally patchy to me. Length does wonders though, I have a scar on my chin that becomes unnoticeable once I get some length. You can experiment all you want. Suppose you can try a dermaroller, but I don't have experience with growing a beard, perhaps another user has some better info for you.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fina is anti-androgen, otherwise I'm on estrogen and cortisol blockers as well as tongkat ali to keep my regular T high. I'm not willing to hurt my masculinity to keep my hair by using tranny drugs.

Using an anti-estrogen along with finasteride defeats the possibility of regrowth...

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I meant shave regularly. Imo the minoxidil collagen circlejerk is different for everyone. Could always try collagen supplements, you wrote you have retin-a as well. In the end you're gonna be wanting to grow hair there. It's just an option though, do with it what you will.

Both sides of your beard look about equally patchy to me. Length does wonders though, I have a scar on my chin that becomes unnoticeable once I get some length. You can experiment all you want. Suppose you can try a dermaroller, but I don't have experience with growing a beard, perhaps another user has some better info for you.

I'd only been growing it for about 2 weeks, it would get better with time one expects. Also have a ton of gray in the chin especially, but I suppose I could just die that

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd only been growing it for about 2 weeks, it would get better with time one expects. Also have a ton of gray in the chin especially, but I suppose I could just die that

Definitely, just give your beard the right environment to grow. I use beard oil, and a scrub every few days or so since my skin is dry as sh*t so now I get dandruff in my eyebrows and beard instead of hair.

This is of course subjective, but gray hair doesn't have to be bad. You can use it as a feature, but ofc you can dye it if you wish. Feel you though, my head hair started graying as well, beard seems good for now.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
On a personal note I've made a big deal of fighting baldness to my friends and family it would be a real ego-wound to admit defeat here and shave it.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen regrowth on my regime

You will not see regrowth if you use an anti-estrogen, since finasteride/dutasteride rely on estrogen for regrowth. You have not seen regrowth, your hair has maintained. Nonetheless, why are you using an anti-estrogen?

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
On a personal note I've made a big deal of fighting baldness to my friends and family it would be a real ego-wound to admit defeat here and shave it.

What's more important, your ego or your mental health?

Anyways, the choice is yours my guy. Shave, take meds, transplant, smp, wig it up, whatever. f*** everyone and everything, do what makes you happy.

Last edited:

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
You will not see regrowth if you use an anti-estrogen, since finasteride/dutasteride rely on estrogen for regrowth. You have not seen regrowth, your hair has maintained. Nonetheless, why are you using an anti-estrogen?

If you look at my previous pics I have definitely seen regrowth. I've gone from a norwood 3 to a 2.5. The top of my norwood area was turning into an island which is not the case at all now and my hair is way thicker than when I started. I wanted to avoid the feminizing effects of an increase in estrogen from finasteride. I am on armistane 2X a week (the days I am off my tongkat ali cycle, which increases both T and estrogen), DIM, Indole-3-Caribinol and this body building supplement, virtus:
https://iron-legion.com/products/virtus

I've had my estrogen checked and even with that it's still in the high-middle zone.

The benefit of finasteride isn't the estrogen, it's inhibiting the DHT, full stop. The guavedoces in the Dominican Republic have regular estrogen levels for men but no DHT and they never go bald.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you look at my previus pics I have definitely seen regrowth. I've gone from a norwood 3 to a 2.5. The top of my norwood area was turning into an island which is not the case at all now and my hair is way thicker than when I started. I wanted to avoid the feminizing effects of an increase in estrogen from finasteride. I am on armistane 2X a week (the days I am off my tongkat ali cycle, which increases both T and estrogen), DIM, Indole-3-Caribinol and this body building supplement, virtus:
https://iron-legion.com/products/virtus

I've had my estrogen checked and even with that it's still in the high-middle zone.

I do not see regrowth whatsoever, and that 'regrowth' is most likely due to the oral minoxidil. If I was you, I wouldn't add an anti-estrogen since that is most likely ruining your chances. You won't experience feminising effects; I haven't seen a single person who has had feminisation from finasteride.

I honestly believe that you could have seen such significant regrowth if you didn't use an anti-estrogen. Finasteride/dutasteride along with oral minoxidil would have been a great combination.