Throw Away the finasteride & dutasteride, this one won't F you up either!

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
Just came across this looking for another reason to take it and found out is has very good DHT lowering ability by inhibiting 5 alpha reductase, this one will not mess you up it is actually good for you by strengthening your immune system. Read and decide. There is the FREE FULL TEXT AVAILABLE TOO. By the way, this is Reishi Mushroom extract.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18097505

Randomized clinical trial of an ethanol extract of Ganoderma lucidum in men with lower urinary tract symptoms.

Noguchi M[SUP]1[/SUP], Kakuma T, Tomiyasu K, Yamada A, Itoh K, Konishi F, Kumamoto S, Shimizu K, Kondo R, Matsuoka K.
Author information

Abstract

AIM:

To evaluate the safety and efficacy of an extract of Ganoderma lucidum that shows the strongest 5alpha-reductase inhibitory activity among the extracts of 19 edible and medicinal mushrooms by a double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized and dose-ranging study in men with lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS).
METHODS:

In this trial, we randomly assigned 88 men over the age of 49 years who had slight-to-moderate LUTS to 12 weeks of treatment with G. lucidum extract (6 mg once a day) or placebo. The primary outcome measures were changes in the International Prostate Symptom Score (IPSS) and variables of uroflowmetry. Secondary outcome measures included changes in prostate size, residual urinary volume after voiding, laboratory values and the reported adverse effects.
RESULTS:

G. lucidum was effective and significantly superior to placebo for improving total IPSS with 2.1 points decreasing at the end of treatment (mean difference, -1.18 points; 95% confidence interval, -1.74 to -0.62; P < 0.0001). No changes were observed with respect to quality of life scores, peak urinary flow, mean urinary flow, residual urine, prostate volume, serum prostate-specific antigen or testosterone levels. Overall treatment was well tolerated with no severe adverse effects.
CONCLUSION:

The extract of G. lucidum was well tolerated and improved IPSS scores. These results encouraged a further, large-scale evaluation of phytotherapy for a long duration using the extract of G. lucidum on men with LUTS.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why do you claim that this one won't "f*** one up"? Seems like another systemic inhibitor to me, if I'm not mistaken, so same side effects as finasteride or dutasteride when taken orally.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lots of things lower DHT but don't help hair loss much. Saw Palmetto lowers DHT/antagonises the receptors but I have yet to see a credible before and after picture ever from this! finasteride and dutasteride are precise and tailored for DHT in the scalp.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have no reason to believe this. It does not give numbers on how well it inhibits DHT, it does not list adverse effects or the rate at which they occur, other than "there were no severe adverse effects". How could you possibly know if 1. This is even anywhere close to the effectiveness of finasteride when it comes to hairloss 2. That it is safer than finasteride. You have absolutely no data to answer either of those questions. This post is beyond just jumping to conclusions it's straight up delusional. Negged

mungyana

Reaction score
Why do you claim that this one won't "f*** one up"? Seems like another systemic inhibitor to me, if I'm not mistaken, so same side effects as finasteride or dutasteride when taken orally.

Oral curcumin and coconut oil gave me a little difficulty getting erection. So, yeah, systemic inhibitor means same side effects like finasteride or dutasteride.

badgenome

Reaction score
Oral curcumin and coconut oil gave me a little difficulty getting erection. So, yeah, systemic inhibitor means same side effects like finasteride or dutasteride.

Don't know how much coconut oil you were taking, but it is pretty much like eating pure saturated fat so...

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't know how much coconut oil you were taking, but it is pretty much like eating pure saturated fat so...

And what? Nobody buys the sh*t about saturated fat being bad anymore, anyway... it's been disproven.