Thread on Puahate about bald guys.

slipy

Reaction score
http://puahate.com/showthread.php?t=63457

Especially the bold part caught my attention as it corresponds with my own observations and i can't help but agree even if i don't want to. it's true that if you're bald chances are you look like a decaying corpse and respectively feel like one too. like a fate that's darker than premature death in a way because you're still here to suffer in vain, not exactly dead nor alive, somewhere in between.

''Most men look like **** bald, iv'e seen bums on the street with full heads of hair that look more vibrant and alive then some horse shoe pale skin male.

This individual looks like he had life drained out of him, thats exactly what baldness does to most people, it restrains and drains you of energy, makes you look tired, weak and fatigue.''

slipy

Reaction score
i visit puahate for comedy value.

normally that's the case and things said on puahate are more often than not exaggerated and inflated or merely trolling. but when i saw this, and im referring to the op, i felt like the statements in the first post were very accurate, that's why i linked the thread.

slipy

Reaction score
yes, but only one of us at a time. i don't think they would want to have a mob that consists solely of unaesthetic bald walkers. i understand that walker aesthetic standards are lower than those of leading charachters but still.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol... these men understand women like i understand rocket science.... lame post :]

ABJac

Reaction score
If anyone here wants to read some concrete advice about hair loss, go over to the forum in "impact of hairless" and read my posts under the link "womens standards rise when "The more woman want sex, the higher...."

slipy

Reaction score
nop this post is just as much bull as the rest of the posts on that site

Baldness is a severely detrimental condition to have. that's a fact. but the reason many people wont admit it and try to dispute is that they don't want to feel like quitters/defeatists, which is understandable. what other option have they got left but to close their eyes to this?

also it's especially irritating when a Norwood 1,5 comes to a site like this, gets on his high horse, starts preaching and tries to put others to shame as if he's got a clue what he's talking about. the confidence talk and giving advice to bald/noticably balding person on how they should tackle their situation when you have a full/nearly full head of hair is laughable. you have no experience. ABJac appears to be the latest of this kind. go fukkin give advice to guys with full hair because you're one yourself.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
People call me baldie now, well the french equivalent, and I'm telling you it's possible to live a decent, even a great life while being bald.

I know I know, you're gonna say "but you're 6"3'! and you have blue eyes etc.", doesn't change the fact that I have almost no hair on the top of my scalp.

You finally getting there dude you are right you CAN live life being bald it is true what others say that yes its hard at first im sure you know this but its not the end people like slipy etc still have to get to this stage i hope they will realise that feeling sorry for themselves wont get themselves anywhere.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I think I'm at peace now not because I have accepted being bald, I'll never accept that, no once can accept and should accept it. How can one accept looking ugly? I'm OK with it because I know I can get one of two FUE's to keep me from looking old, ill (ill because I have a diffuse pattern remember, receders have the advantage of not looking sick) and ugly forever, and I will get it if nothing else comes out soon.

I don't like my reflection right now, and sometimes I wonder how my girlfriend can accept me looking like this, but hey maybe we are our worst critics as we say.

The thing is, I don't like it and never will, I want some hair to frame my face, that's all that matters for me, and what was left of my NW2 hairline will soon be gone, leaving me with a long alien forehead. I will not allow myself to stay like this.

We can be our worst critic indeed i mean you cant be that bad if you have a girlfriend can you? no one is perfect dude i saw pics off you (before the one you have now) and you seriously didnt look bad im not just saying this either...but what ever you do i hope you get over it and move on.

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
http://puahate.com/showthread.php?t=63457

Especially the bold part caught my attention as it corresponds with my own observations and i can't help but agree even if i don't want to. it's true that if you're bald chances are you look like a decaying corpse and respectively feel like one too. like a fate that's darker than premature death in a way because you're still here to suffer in vain, not exactly dead nor alive, somewhere in between.

''Most men look like **** bald, iv'e seen bums on the street with full heads of hair that look more vibrant and alive then some horse shoe pale skin male.

This individual looks like he had life drained out of him, thats exactly what baldness does to most people, it restrains and drains you of energy, makes you look tired, weak and fatigue.''

I think you got male pattern baldness mixed up with cancer.

Most actors in hollywood are receeding which is balding. The rock went bald. His movie careeer carries on. You need to accept your self. Also, stop judging bald men on their looks. Leave it to women. You only need one.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
C'mon, if you guys weren't balding you'd be down about something else.

slipy

Reaction score
C'mon, if you guys weren't balding you'd be down about something else.

yes, chances are we would. i know i was before balding, blissful in my ignorant misery so little did i know, didn't know how good i had it compared to now. it wasn't nearly as horrible as having a real detrimental, irreversible, appearence crushing affliction such as balding. baldness isn't a minor defect.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im only saying that because I always had something I was down on myself about. Once you get past the self hate life isn't so bad. I've overcome a lot in the last year or so and Im just saying it's definitely possible to overcome an inferiority complex.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Im only saying that because I always had something I was down on myself about. Once you get past the self hate life isn't so bad. I've overcome a lot in the last year or so and Im just saying it's definitely possible to overcome an inferiority complex.

Very true the thing is they truely have to be happy for themselves and not for others and stop giving a damn about what others think (media etc) i mean ok lets say they grew hair tomorrow it goes back to normal do they REALLY think everything becomes all happy and dandy? and society becomes all happy an nice to them? there is haters everywhere they probably find something else to moan about specially if someone slags them about it.

Islander

Established Member
Reaction score
i mean ok lets say they grew hair tomorrow it goes back to normal do they REALLY think everything becomes all happy and dandy?

Belive me, It would be true for me, for quite some time. I've learned my lesson with hair loss.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
A friend taught me a very powerful statement that I have posted on here once before: To compare is to despair. Can you imagine if we stop comparing ourself to those we think represent the "perfect Norwood" or the perfect height, perfect body, perfect genetics, how much easier we could accept ourself. How many times do you look at another man and wish you had his hair. And if you did, would it really change your life? And then you happen to talk to this person who has the perfect hair and he tells you his life is miserable. My point is the grass may look greener over there but once you are over there does it mean you will be finally happy. Happiness comes from WITHIN. Acceptance is the key. An inferiority complex is based on constantly comparing yourself to your perception of perfection. Ironically, I never have perceived people like Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp or Tom Cruise as perfection. They all got lucky and became famous. Channing Tatum is nothing special but he was voted sexiest man of the year. If Tatum loses his hair, he will just become another Bruce Willis and still maintain fame. Fame is something people tend to covet more than looks. With fame, usually comes fortune and success. Its what we all want. But more importantly, we all want happiness. Something that each and everyone can achieve every day as long you accept who you are and never compare yourself to anyone but YOURSELF.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree with both of you, DannyBoy and House. I think a lot of it is due to our entertainment age. Sure, before magazines, TV, and movies, there were definitions of what beauty for men and women consisted of, but I'm sure you didn't see people everywhere you turned telling you that you were abnormal if you didn't fit the criteria. Being concerned with baldness isn't a 20th century-on problem, records show that Julius Caesar wore his wreath to distract from his bald spot, but it wasn't seen as so debilitating.

I know first-hand that if they were to get that hair back it wouldn't solve their problems. Back in late 2010, when I started the big 3, I was convinced that if I could only get long hair back from my high school days than I would be a lot more confident and happy. Well the big 3 helped me get the long hair back, and any thinning was mostly only known by me. The funny thing was, I was happier before. When I had short, thinning hair, I hated it, but that had been a better time in my life. Getting my hair back solved nothing and I was left wondering why i was still depressed.

Honestly, I have to credit you House with what helped me. Before you I had never heard of BDD and it really opened my eyes and caused me to see the root of my problems. From then on, I've been able to assess if those thoughts were logical or not and separate myself from them. I'll tell you that since I've overcome depression, I've attracted a lot more friends and became a lot more popular...all at 26 years old haha.

HairGuru22

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairloss is worse than cancer, at least with cancer you can die peacefully. Whereas wiith hairloss you are a walking corps . Can you imagine how many men were demotivated by hairloss and simply gave up on their aspirations? I still can't fathom how people can make these intricate technologies we have before us today but can't seem to cure hairloss, cancer, poverty. FUUUARK this lol