Thread on Puahate about bald guys.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Hairloss is not worse then cancer i respect everyones opinion here i really do but i dont agree with it at all in my opinion its god damn stupid to even think that.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Haha it's like I typed that long heart-felt message for nothing. I vainly thought it might help one of these dudes but I think at this point they're dead-set on being depressed. Keep on thinking you're victims, see how far it gets you. When you're old men looking back you'll realize how much time you wasted worrying about something so superficial.

slipy

Reaction score
Hairloss is not worse then cancer i respect everyones opinion here i really do but i dont agree with it at all in my opinion its god damn stupid to even think that.

even i wouldn't say it's worse than cancer, but i do think of it as cancer's non leathal cousin, the similarities are there.

also i'd like to clarify why my posts are always so bleak and gloomy. it's because my health also started to deteriorate simultaneously with hair loss and there's no going back to the way things were before, the damage is permanent in my case. i mean, being rotten inside and on the outside as well is a bit too heavy to handle.

but if you're a guy whose only problem is male pattern baldness and everything else is intact, then by all means do everything within your power to overcome male pattern baldness's negative impact.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that man, that would be hard. Hope you can get your health back to normal.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I've been getting in decent shape lately. I know under my clothes, my body looks better than the average guy but people still tell me I look sick. I'm not trying to pack on a hundred pounds of muscle but I bet they wouldn't be telling me that if I had a full head of hair.

ScarredOne

Banned
Reaction score
Once you get past the self hate life isn't so bad. I've overcome a lot in the last year or so and Im just saying it's definitely possible to overcome an inferiority complex.

Not for everyone. I started losing my hair at 18. Always hated the hair loss. Never accepted it. Ended up with bad hair transplants and scarring because of it that make me look like a freak.

Now at 50, the self hate is worse than ever. Young people automatically think that being bald and old is okay. It isn't. They think when you are bald at 22 you look 45 but when you are bald at 50 you look 50. You don't. You look 85. I have seen 75 year old guys with a full head of hair that look 100 times better than I do.

It's bad to be bald. It's bad to be old. It is worse to be bald and old. You will get there some day. You think your life is ruined now. Wait until you get old, look back, and say "what a f%$king waste my life was because of baldness".

- - - Updated - - -

also it's especially irritating when a Norwood 1,5 comes to a site like this, gets on his high horse, starts preaching and tries to put others to shame as if he's got a clue what he's talking about. the confidence talk and giving advice to bald/noticably balding person on how they should tackle their situation when you have a full/nearly full head of hair is laughable. you have no experience. ABJac appears to be the latest of this kind. go fukkin give advice to guys with full hair because you're one yourself.

I agree slipy. You are one of the few who gets it. Another similar thing that irritates the hell out of me is the guy with the full head of hair who shaves it down to nothing. What's that all about? I'd like to hear from someone who actually did this and then later went bald. I bet once they realized they couldn't grow hair, even though they looked the same, they hated it as much as other bald guys.

ScarredOne

Banned
Reaction score
i meant to apolagise to slipy before hand for acting like a little **** and it is true that im not in his position yet/ people have a right to post stuff even if it is from pua hate, but it just anoys me a little when i see depressing posts, guess ill just deal with it haha

- - - Updated - - -

but i do think scarredones attitude is really bad and i hope i can accept my hairloss so i dont end up as bitter as this guy

The reason you are annoyed is because you fear hairloss and don't want to believe what is in store for you. I see that with most of the guys here that have hair but are losing it. They think if they deny, argue, and don't believe what a bald person is saying, then it won't be that way for them. It is denial.

ScarredOne

Banned
Reaction score
I am a NW5, and I can tell them that life is not hell once you're bald. Sorry to disappoint you Scarredforlife or whatever. I have reported you and hope other members will do the same.

I love how guys like you say "I don't feel this way so you can't either so I am going to get you banned".

Look at this people. Fred should be in "The Joy of Hair Loss" forum but he comes here to tell others how they should feel and then wants them banned if they don't feel like he does.

I am glad your life isn't hell. The fact this forum even exists should tell you that isn't the case for everyone.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Once I get there? I know so many happy bald guys, my dad is one of them. I mean, Im not looking forward to it but there are far worse things.

Id rather be of a happy disposition than look back and be ashamed of wasting so much of my life worrying about cosmetics.

Look, if ugly bald guys like Clint Howard, Karl Pilkington, and others can find a mate then anyone can.

tommyt123

Reaction score
tbh i think most men are not nearley as bothered about hairloss as us, my uncles are all happily married, some of them are pretty much bald and seem to be very comfotable in their own skin, i think it has a lot do with the fact that if you start resenting the fact that your lossing your hair for years and years, and once you finally lose the majority of your hair you begin to resent yourself. I think the best aproach to hairloss is to treat it but don't obbsese over it to the point where it becomes a deap resetment and agkoledge the fact that you probably will go bald (eventualy) although you can prevent it for many years.

- - - Updated - - -

i even have friends my age who dont seem to care and is very self deprecating in a funny way about their hairloss even around girls

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Also remember that we are in the entertainment/technology age where everyone is comparing themselves to actors and models. People are more narcissistic than ever and think they deserve their 15 minutes of fame.

Much of the older generation realize that all you need for happiness is a solid income, good family, and good friends. It's sad how vain we've become.

psyhotria

Banned
Reaction score
Much of the older generation realize that all you need for happiness is a solid income, good family, and good friends. It's sad how vain we've become.
I don't think so. The thing that's sad is that people do not care what they pass on to their offspring - this is simply a failure of being human(e). It's just pure animalistic, non-conscious behaviour.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. The thing that's sad is that people do not care what they pass on to their offspring - this is simply a failure of being human(e). It's just pure animalistic, non-conscious behaviour.

And even more sad is that you see balding as a real disability. It's not going to stop myself from having kids...really silly.

I know a family of people who have dwarfism and they are the happiest, most loving people I know. So, even if balding was a disability, who are you to say people with any sort of shortcoming should not have the right to have children?

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And even more sad is that you see balding as a real disability. It's not going to stop myself from having kids...really silly.

I know a family of people who have dwarfism and they are the happiest, most loving people I know. So, even if balding was a disability, who are you to say people with any sort of shortcoming should not have the right to have children?
you have to admit he has a very valid point tho

you are passing on a hardship knowingly . . . . . . .

if people with these issues didn't have children then the world would be all healthy and beautiful

but then again with no ugly people to compare themselves to the word "beautiful" would be redefined . . . .

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
you have to admit he has a very valid point tho

you are passing on a hardship knowingly . . . . . . .

if people with these issues didn't have children then the world would be all healthy and beautiful

but then again with no ugly people to compare themselves to the word "beautiful" would be redefined . . . .

More like this world will be all vain and pathetic god forbid not to look different then the rest.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Right? Don't they realize they're espousing Hitler's views? Absolutely disgusting.

Well, most of these people they accuse of being imperfect lead more fulfilling lives than they could dream of so the joke is on them really