Thread of women commenting negatively on baldness

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Post any negative comments you find on the web here.

This is a self-flagellation thread.

Now let me just ask this: why on earth do so many young men embrace the cue ball? Enjoy your hair while you have it, guys, don't shave it! Bald heads on men – turns me off almost as much as the short lesbotron coiffure does for the guys. Sad when your husband starts "losing it."
From a comment on http://marriedmansexlife.com/2011/04/girl-game-have-long-hair/

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Wait a minute so you telling me that not EVERY woman likes the same thing? omg like wtf...i know i shouldnt be here if i dont like it but this is a silly thread im sure if you look long enough thread after thread you find posts like this bald men is not every womans taste i dont get the point of this thread?...im sure if you look long enough you see women saying they like it again what is the point?...this is doing you no good AT all apart from making you and others specially new comers or lurkers feel like crap.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
^^ Nice!!!! :woot:

icscalp

Reaction score
part 2 from a lady's perspective

Hi, do u know who the 26 yr baby is "Fred the Belgian"?that isn't the girl that wrote it is it? 4give me i am new here not sure how these threads work thanx
part 2: this 'child' her word's, thoughts, proposed deeds...astound me! As an adult, i truly pray this female is alone 4ever! no 1 deserves a shallow bride such as this. she better pray she never has any physical issue's that r beyond her control! i have been ill 4 a long time. i was the picture of health; ate perfect, maniac in fitness, owned my own business. on top of the world. Bam...a little more 1 year in2 marriage my body started fighting against me. my beloved has been in my corner every minute of every day! HE is a MAN! i am doing everything in power to be healthy again. if the tables were turned...i would never have turned on him and 'planned my escape'! the sum of it "EVIL"! Men, i pray she is in the minority of one in the world of 'lady's'! God bless every one of u!

Last edited:

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
If she doesn't like him getting bald she should just say it to him. He should understand it and either take steps or not be angry, it's the same as a man not liking his girl gaining weight.
We all want too find what we are with attractive. Its that's stupid question a girl inevitably asks you "what if I was disfigured in an accident?"
That's dumb, if I personally was ever disfigured I would leave the person I was with and save them the trouble of dealing with me but I'm not selfish and also very realistic.
I can't blame a woman for not liking bald.... We don't.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I can't blame a woman for not liking bald.... We don't.

There is a difference between not liking the look and thinking all bald men are inferior sub-humans. It's those who deny to recognize our humanity who are the real offenders.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
My coworker's comment:

Me: Why don't you like the guys? Is it because he's bald? What's wrong with baldness?
Her: What's not wrong with baldness?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have a blog and this post is just to clear my conscience since I can't tell anyone else and DL is anonymous.
It started about a year and half ago. He started developing a receding hairline and the crown started to go. Now you can see scalp and the forehead is glaring at me. He tried Propecia, but it lowered his sex drive and made his c*m watery, so he stopped. Rogaine has not helped at all and just made him moody.
He's 28 and I don't think this is supposed to be something we're dealing with at this point. If he were black, I'd have him shave his head and I'd be happy to date the hot, sexy bald guy, but he's Irish and Italian and bald doesn't work. He's frustrated and has just given up. I'm at the point, where I just want to walk. The problem is we've been together for almost 2 years and we work together, all of our friends are mutual, etc.
I'm developing an escape plan, but its going to take at least 3 months to implement, which perfectly coincides with the time of lease renewal. My goal is to walk away from this cleanly and not as the villain.
I don't want to hurt him, but I'm too young to be dating someone with hair issues. Other's have started to comment on it and I just want out.
I want him to be happy. He has a good body, but all I can think about is the hair loss.

Later on the same topic:

Listen, I'm just sharing something that is on my mind. Yes, its shallow, but I don't want to deal with it. The name-calling is unwarranted and unnecessary. I'm 26, I would prefer to date a guy with a full head of hair, unless its a sexy, bald black guy. I didn't sign up for a balding 28 year old. Forgive me for being normal.

Cheers!

Wow, that may be the most disgusting thing I've ever heard/read by a woman on the topic of men with baldness. Where was this?

Edit: I think I found the original thread: http://www.datalounge.com/cgi-bin/iowa/ajax.html?t=9526056#page:showThread,9526056

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Balding is not on the same level as a woman putting on weight. Don't you see the major difference here? She has control over her weight, she can chose to diet and exercise while men have little to no control over their genetic hair loss.

That's what is so depressing in those stories, the guy cannot win. He's bald, she despises bald men, and he can't do anything about it.

Some people do have a health problem that doesn't allow them to be at a normal weight which is comparable to us baldies being predisposed to genetics. However, fat people STILL have options to remove excess weight through surgeries.

There's no solution to anyone who's bald so these disgusting women who trash us for being bald can continue to peg us a bottomfeeders for as long as theres no cure.

You know what worries me? That when a cure does come out (should have happened a long fvcking time ago) people with more serious life threatening diseases will resent us and resent the work that went into releasing the cure.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Later on the same topic:

I don't have a blog and this post is just to clear my conscience since I can't tell anyone else and DL is anonymous.
It started about a year and half ago. He started developing a receding hairline and the crown started to go. Now you can see scalp and the forehead is glaring at me. He tried Propecia, but it lowered his sex drive and made his c*m watery, so he stopped. Rogaine has not helped at all and just made him moody.
He's 28 and I don't think this is supposed to be something we're dealing with at this point. If he were black, I'd have him shave his head and I'd be happy to date the hot, sexy bald guy, but he's Irish and Italian and bald doesn't work. He's frustrated and has just given up. I'm at the point, where I just want to walk. The problem is we've been together for almost 2 years and we work together, all of our friends are mutual, etc.
I'm developing an escape plan, but its going to take at least 3 months to implement, which perfectly coincides with the time of lease renewal. My goal is to walk away from this cleanly and not as the villain.
I don't want to hurt him, but I'm too young to be dating someone with hair issues. Other's have started to comment on it and I just want out.
I want him to be happy. He has a good body, but all I can think about is the hair loss.
Later on the same topic:

Listen, I'm just sharing something that is on my mind. Yes, its shallow, but I don't want to deal with it. The name-calling is unwarranted and unnecessary. I'm 26, I would prefer to date a guy with a full head of hair, unless its a sexy, bald black guy. I didn't sign up for a balding 28 year old. Forgive me for being normal.

Cheers!

Calculative c**t! she will get what she deservers. The question is: if he would remain his confidence, not enhace focus on his receding hairline for a year and a half, not stressing her about it for a year.. Would she dump him anyway..?? Or this was just a reaction to his actions?? Obsession can be contagious. Clearly 1.5years takes a toll on a guy but its hard for a 26y old b***h as well.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
You lot are really doing this? looking through forums until you see a comment of some women not liking bald people? really? in ANY forum you will see a girl/boy disliking something...long hair hair to short or thin or fat people etc etc regardless if you can fix your problem or not...this thread is stupid.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Balding is not on the same level as a woman putting on weight. Don't you see the major difference here? She has control over her weight, she can chose to diet and exercise while men have little to no control over their genetic hair loss.

That's what is so depressing in those stories, the guy cannot win. He's bald, she despises bald men, and he can't do anything about it.

Okay will you chase a woman with debilitating acne? I highly doubt it, what about one who has half her face burned off? We can't act like we are not as shallow.
And for that matter there are some things men can do about their baldness.
Being mad at a chick for not liking bald men is a waste. You can hare the circumstance but really the tables can be turned.
Will you go after a bald woman.... One who refuses to cover it in any way?

In having a hard time personally trying to correct my situation. Everything I try has some weird side effect on me. I would still not be mad at a woman for preferring a man with hair over me, that's just being realistic. The same as a woman preferring a guy with more money than me.

lostlife

Reaction score
I dont blame women for wanting a man with hair at all. I just try to be truthful with myself and know people just look so much better with hair either male or female . I know and feel this everyday as hair loss has stripped me of everything and aged me many years to the point of never ever even wanting to leave the house or talk to people and I used to be a nice looking and very loving and giving man but now hate just runs through my blood

- - - Updated - - -

Fred I understand what you keen.I know for a fact of 2 women that have sabotaged my hair by doing something to my shower somehow .I had purchased a new home and hair was doing great and I was feeling good about myself then one women cam over and spent night and right after she left I took a shower to clean up for the day and bam first shower after she left my hair started falling and thinning and scalp and face became extremely oily within an hour and it has taken every bit of life out of me

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you so much and also would like to ad I hate all the comments that it is harder for a woman then a man to loose their hair and that is so not true. Men want their looks too.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Hi Fred, I just had to chime in on this comment you made. You are as the Brits say SPOT ON!!!. I am a food addict and if I did not control my eating I would be a huge fat guy. However, I think obesity also sends a negative image to the world so I control my addiction to the point I have athletically toned body for my age. Women who let themselves go are those who are emotional eaters who have no control over food. Its a compulsive disorder that is very physically and psychologically unhealthy. Balding is not unhealthy but it definitely can be uncontrollable if someone's genetics is stronger than any current treatments. Secondly, hair is on the top of the head, when you are intimate with someone, its the body that matters. My point is these women should pay more attention to the body instead of the hair. If a guy has a great body and losing hair, women should still have great admiration for the guy who can stay fit. I have great admiration for all people who stay fit or healthy. I have a thyroid issue too so I don't find that as excuse. Hair should never be an issue but our society let it become one.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I think if women don't like bald/balding guys that's there opinion and prefrence tbh.

Exactly but i dont think they are annoyed with women cause bald/balding guys dont float some of their boats sort of speak...but rather how rude some are about it i think...i could be wrong but i cant see them getting annoyed with women cause bald/balding guys are not their type surely not...surely...

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why did he quit? Watery semen is nothing! And a lower sex drive? So what, it's not like he's impotent, he can still have sex! And minoxidil made him moody? That's a new one... I don't get it... Still, shallow bint she is...

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
People have different tastes. Perhaps some of the comments on the thread you found weren't very sensitive, but I imagine they'd be more tactful in person. I read a topic the other day (an askReddit or something) which was full of women claiming they found men who were ripped or "had a six pack" were repulsive to them o_O

Personally I'm infinitely more annoyed by men being negative about hairloss. During an argument or maybe just some banter many assholes I've come across will immediately jump on the hairloss thing and start acting all superior because they're not in the same situation. If you got an argument with someone who had a physical disability and is in a wheelchair for example and resorted to saying something mean about that aspect of them, it would go down like a lead balloon, you'd be an absolute pariah. Hair loss on the other hand seems to be fair game. Retorting by calling someone a "bald ****" in an argument goes down well, a point scored. It just baffles me that people can act superior about something that neither party had any control over, they can be an out of shape uneducated moron and it doesn't matter - they have an easy target to go for and it seems to be socially acceptable to do so. If you were in an argument with someone who had a big nose and you answered back by saying something like "shut up big nose", that's incredibly weak and pitiful, but in my experience going for someone about hair loss is allowed to work.

The idea that someone (particularly a younger person) is a "loser" and less of a "lad" because they have male pattern baldness infuriates me. I dunno, perhaps it's a bit silly - similar to being a short person envious of tall people or some other physical trait that couldn't be controlled, but I think the balding thing seems much more acceptable for mocking than other examples I can think of. The idea that a balding person has to make extra effort to be on an even playing field in terms of perceived value (being in better shape, more well groomed, tanning their pale head etc.) to some lucky a**h** is annoying enough on it's own to me. When those previously mentioned lucky assholes decide to start flaunting their advantage (gained through no work on their part) by insulting balding people I just see red. I had someone pour an entire pint on the top of my head and managed to stay calm. Some peabrain NW0 a**h** started calling me a "bald ****" and I went absolutely ballistic almost immediately, funny that...

Rant over, perhaps I should have made a new thread. I just wanted to describe why I think it's possibly worse when men are critical about male pattern baldness, because it could quite easily have been them too but they're happy to use it as a weapon to attack you with and it seems socially acceptable to do so, whilst almost any other mocking of a physical attribute or ailment would be considered unimaginative, weak or just downright tasteless (and it would blow up in their face).

but I'm too young to be dating someone with hair issues. Other's have started to comment on it and I just want out.

That line was pretty bad though. You'd hope her first concern would have been more along the lines of HE is too young to be dealing with hair issues. The whole escape plan bit was unpleasant too. It makes me wonder about people with a hairpiece etc. getting with someone and then they let their guard down and reveal the truth, the situation could be similar. For every story like this though I'm sure there are just as many girls who truely don't care. I recall reading a post on here recently from a guy saying his gf told him she would still love him if he shaved his head and so on.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Being short is also fair game for being mocked for.

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I would put being short firmly in 2nd place in that regard, but there are numerous things that would be considered tasteless to mock.

I'm ruling out self inflicted things like stupid tattoos etc. and thinking about things people don't have much control over (physical traits, the effects of an illness etc.)