Thom's Story: 1 year big 3 & temple regrowth pg. 7

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I know where you're at, I just got out of a long relationship too. It's weird adjusting to a whole new way of life. Hang in there though with the hair situation, I was about to throw in the towel but Im glad I didn't now.

On a bad note though, in the past 4 days my nips have been really sore. It's weird, I hope gyno isn't setting in. I wouldn't think it would randomly do that when I've been on finasteride a year. If it's not one thing it's another.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah it's a bit of a battle sometimes huh? well here man, if you ever wanna chit chat even if it's just how's the weather type talk gimme a shout, would be good to chat to someone in a similar situation and ours seem real similar.

how has the nips situation been recently? still sore? hope it's sorted out - i normally get sides in a batch of about 2 weeks and then they'd subside.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Same goes for you man, it's good to have a good rant now and again too with someone who knows what you're going through. Hope it's looking on the up with girls though. Mine was a disappointment but Im finding Im liking not being chained to someone nagging me constantly ha.

Yeah the nip feeling is still there. I can feel my shirt rubbing against them and making them uncomfortable. To tell the truth it quite frightens me because I had surgery 5 years ago because i had gyno that wouldn't go away no matter how skinny I was. It looked like pecs with my shirt on but it sucked majorly and doctors said surgery was the only way to get rid of it. Not many people know that about me but hey we're on a hair-loss forum so why not?

Thanks monty, I'll give that a try. You guys know how bad the gyno usually gets? Are we talking small deal or melon, fight club, big? Ha

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How's things now James Franco ?

:)

Did you start taking Zinc?

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ha! No, not specifically but it's in the biotin supplements I take.

My hair is filling in so well. It's very noticeable difference, and I almost cut it so I'm glad I held out!

How's everything coming along with you? That itch getting better? I would think it would coming into Summer, since dry cold seems to be an aggravator, but then again I'm not sure what an Irish Summer entails!

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The itch is grand now, yeah, and 90% of that scabby/dandruff build up is gone thank God.

As for the weather ..... bitter cold, breezy, and rain of course.

Seeing as ROI and the UK are a stone throws away, Monty knows what I'm talking about.

:thumbdown2:

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's good to hear, if you're like me though the itch comes 2 or 3 times a year... hoping the new regimen will keep it gone but we'll see.

I spoke too soon. We're having a gloomy, cold, rainy day today! Ha

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
how's it going now brother? how's the mood? nipples still sore? thickening up again any?

i've been itching like an mf'er recently, got dandruff and everything. still just praying that i'll grow it back even thicker and more than ever before.

hope you're well.
f

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Soreness is gone, had a whole new batch of problems this week though. Have you heard of p90x? Well, I started a new round of it Monday, and pushed myself way too hard, think I damaged something internally . I have some nasty symptoms, and can barely move ha. Not a hair problem but, eh it sucks nonetheless.

Hope you get that under control! I messaged you about the sls free shampoo. I think we might just have sensitive scalps. Between the organic shampoo, hard water shower filter, and nizoral, it's feeling great!

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How are things with ye, James Franco? :p

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Everything is looking on the up. My hair has thickened back up, bangs filled in, couldn't be happier with it all.

Here's a more recent pic from my friend's wedding a month ago, I'm happy with it all.

josh.jpg

kadir657

Reaction score
congratulations men can you tell me what you're using again ? how much ml and that stuff.. Witch brand of finasteride and regaine do you use? i'm defenitely gonna go on your regimen that for sure :D

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm on finasteride, shampoo with nizoral every other day (leave it in 5 minutes, rinse and then do again), and rogaine foam morning and night. I also take msm and biotin to speed the growth since the last shed.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
looking good brother - from an avid Norwood spotter i couldn't tell a thing if i saw you in the street. glad you're doing well, give me a shout sometime soon.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
^^

I agree, hair looks fantastic.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I wish I could feel that way about it all the time haha. Of course when that muggy, humid hair hits it it all turns into a nasty frizzy mess.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
HOLY ****!

I never saw your baseline photos until now! The improvement you made in almost two years is ****ing astounding, you were so diffuse looking, I wonder how you'd look now without meds!!! That beautiful head of hair would have been a pipe dream me thinks!!

How you doing now? Any change from the photo above?

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Thom, looks like you've made some great progress. I think I'm finally going to grab some minoxidil, but wanted to ask you how long you keep it in your hair. I know Rogaine recommends 4 hours before washing it out, but on BaldingBLog.com Dr. Rassman suggests that it's okay to wash it out after just one hour.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think you're supposed to leave it in all day. I just apply it after my morning shower and then again before I go to bed. Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

HOLY ****!

I never saw your baseline photos until now! The improvement you made in almost two years is ****ing astounding, you were so diffuse looking, I wonder how you'd look now without meds!!! That beautiful head of hair would have been a pipe dream me thinks!!

How you doing now? Any change from the photo above?

Thanks man! I tend to forget I've had any improvement sometimes so it's good to hear. I'm pretty much the same as the last picture really! Now since that major shed I had earlier this year my crown never completely went back to normal but Toppik helps that. It is kind of frightening to think of where I would be without treatments. I can hardly believe it's almost been 2 years on them!

How are you holding up my friend?

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
^^

I think, although not sure, that I'm finally rid of this shed and that I'm seeing thicken of my hairline, loads of half inch long hairs I'm noticing that are really dark, so I'm guessing that they're new, surely if they were miniaturising they'd be colourless ... :unsure:

Either way, it's almost a year on Finasteride (started February 2012) , 2-3 months at full dose, going to see how how I am around the 18 month mark, if I notice and degradation of me hair then I'll give minoxidil a go.