Thom's Story: 1 year big 3 & temple regrowth pg. 7

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Thom's Story: 6 months on big 3...(NEW PICS: PG 6!!)

Congrats :)

I also got sloppy with both finasteride and minoxidil in the last few months (holiday here and there, using minoxidil foam once a day only for a couple of weeks) ... and my hair has thinned noticably.

Honestly twice daily with minoxidil and daily finasteride doesn't seem to be a lie. Seems like if you slack from that you will suffer. Gah.

Post pics when you can, good luck :)

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Thom's Story: 6 months on big 3...(NEW PICS: PG 6!!)

Thanks! Yeah, I suppose it was better that we learned the hard lesson earlier rather than a few years down the road and ended up with a glaring bald spot.

It was looking pretty bad there a month ago but it's back to the point where if I ran out of toppik I wouldn't be self-conscious.

I'm hoping my bangs get back to normal. The right side of my bangs have thinned a noticeable amount so I just tuck them behind my ears (my hair is pretty long now). There's a lot of healthy small hairs when I lift my bangs though so hopefully this means its growing in. I guess I'll know by Summer!

I'll try to get around to pics here soon!

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Thom's Story: 1 year big 3 & temple regrowth pg. 8!

It sure does look like that, gratz bro!

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Thanks! I am a lot more consistent with my treatments now. Hopefully I can get density back someday too.

The photo I attached, while goofy haha, shows my current state of hair. The bangs were a lot fuller until a massive shed 3 months ago and a couple siblings have pointed that out. Fortunately, with my recent gains, hopefully they'll be back to normal in perhaps 6 months or so. This photo was taken on St. Patrick's Day so yeah...I'ma bit gone lol.

Attachments

• 552587_2857528204154_1438080127_32125326_938743876_n.jpg
    552587_2857528204154_1438080127_32125326_938743876_n.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 962

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Awesome stuff, pal, keep it up.

:)

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Thanks! I'm crossing fingers for some density!

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Here's the temples a month later. Those temple hairs are not fine so I think I'm just re-growing what I lost in January due to the major shed.

You can see a bunch of thick little hairs at the hairline too. Also, where I part my hair there's been this thick little mass of hair growing uniformally in that spot...it looks kind of funny but it's a good sign. I just can't wait for my bangs to fill in, it's annoying to slick them back all of the time to hide where I lost density.

Any input? Also, what norwood can I be classified as?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 778
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 643
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 667
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 672

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Take in mind that was taken this morning so at the end of the day it doesn't look quite as good.

Not to mention I live in an incredibly windy place which messes up my hair constantly. :/

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks Monty! Actually Iv'e been a finasteride user for over a year now which is why i was surprised by losing so much hair almost exactly a year later. Thing is, i don't notice any miniaturization so I think it came from the scalp condition.

All the hairs i shed had white bulbs too so hopefully i am in the clear. :/

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well, I got my hair trimmed, layered, and all that yesterday. I've taken to having the stylist thin out the sides so avoid the "mushroom head."

She, and another stylist, told me there's all sorts of one inch hairs sprouting up in my hair, where I part it, and at my hairline so it's looking like I just experience a big Telogen Effluvium shed. They didn't notice any minitiarization. Still have my crown problems but I think everything else will return to normal. It's taking some patience to wait through the next few months.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you ever get compared to James Franco out of the film Pineapple Express?

file.php

james2450.jpg

:shock:

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
All the time lol. People don't believe me when I tell them I don't smoke pot.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
hair looks really good man. if it means anything to you, i started finasteride about 2 months before you and also hit a huge shed at around the year mark, which lasted a few months. i think it's tailing off now but yeah.

great progress =)

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I've been hoping it was the one year shed. I'll try to post a pic of my right bangs. It's literally nothing but wisps now so i keep it slicked back. How many months did it take for you to get it back to normal?

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
Thom said:
Thank you! I've been hoping it was the one year shed. I'll try to post a pic of my right bangs. It's literally nothing but wisps now so i keep it slicked back. How many months did it take for you to get it back to normal?
it hasn't got back to normal. my shed is slowing down but that's about it. gets pretty sad to look in the mirror when my hair's in need of a wash. we gotta ride this one out together and hope it's a shed and not 'the other possibility' brother.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
After two months of slicking my bangs back due to their being really thin, I finally got the courage to check out my progress. It's definitely filling in. Also, now that the weather is getting humid here it's making all of the two inch long hairs growing in stand up haha, so I have weird clumps of shorter hair sticking up everywhere. I think you should start seeing some success here soon.

I've been taking biotin and msm everyday for the last month as well which sped up my hair growth. Might be worth a try!

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. i'm having another bad moment really, temples are looking very very thin compared to how they were 5 or 6 months ago and it's again becoming much harder to style my hair in a way i'm comfortable with. how's yours doing? was it definitely a shed dyou think? i'm at about the 17 month mark, seem to be losing much less in the shower but i'm scared that i won't grow it back again (i was really happy with how things were going at the 6-7-8 month mark or so). getting that horrible scalp itch again too.
f

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im sorry to hear about that, I know how much that sucks. Yeah, it was definitely a shed of some sort but I don't think it was the one year shed because it was all over and I itchy, scabby bumps with it. It was also at one of the hardest times of my life.

I panicked and started doing minoxidil all over the top of my scalp and, as weird as it sounds, minoxidil has always kept the itch away in the areas I applied it to. nizoral definitely helped too.

I hope yours gets worked out though, is it possible you got a bad batch of finasteride?

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
who knows - i've been getting it from inhouse every time so i don't think so... i also had a legit month of propecia fairly recently which made no difference. i genuinely have no idea what it could be - it does seem to be slowing down, the shedding, but i'm definitely below what i was a few months ago. and as you say, it's come at a bad time - just came out of a four year relationship + all the baggage that came with that, plus this... not feeling too great at the minute.

i am really glad you're doing well tho amigo, and your hair looks fucking great.