This Whole Thing Reminds Me Of Racism And Discrimination

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm flattered to be compared to @pjhair.

I have put hairblues permanently on ignore so I never read the ignorant and dumb crap she writes. I don't even mention her anymore but it appears she still keeps mentioning me. However, since you tagged me I read the ignored comments and went over her exchange with you. This is the last time I will ever speak of her.

David, you should consider putting her on ignore. She is really just a miserable, bitter old women. You are not the only person I have seen her accusing of attacking her "passive aggressively". She has regularly done it to other members too. This "passive aggressive" must be her catch phrase. Just keep an eye and you will see her using it in future discussions too. She is the only member on this forum who uses this phrase regularly. During my discussions with her, I found that she often struggled to comprehend complex ideas that needed deep thinking. She lacks intellect which would have been fine but her belligerent and bitter deportment is a real turn off. She likes to talk about issues she has no clue of and whenever you point out gaps in her knowledge she gets bitter. She likes to throw insults at others but when you insult her back, she flips out like a dog whose tail has been stepped on.

You have enormously more patience than me David as you have continued to put up with her bitchy attitude for so long and have given her chances in the past that she didn't deserve. If you ignore her, your forum experience will get much more pleasant, like mine did. If you need female opinion on something just ask pas or joan.They are really sweet and classy women.

Anyway, that's what I have to say about hairblues. You will never see me mentioning her name again. She is non-existent to me.

Last edited:

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have put hairblues permanently on ignore so I never read the ignorant and dumb crap she writes. I don't even mention her anymore but it appears she still keeps mentioning me. However, since you tagged me I read the ignored comments and went over her exchange with you. This is the last time I will ever speak of her.

David, you should consider putting her on ignore. She is really just a miserable, bitter old women. You are not the only person I have seen her accusing of attacking her "passive aggressively". She has regularly done it to other members too. This "passive aggressive" must be her catch phrase. Just keep an eye and you will see her using it in future discussions too. She is the only member on this forum who uses this phrase regularly. During my discussions with her, I found that she often struggled to comprehend complex ideas that needed deep thinking. She lacks intellect which would have been fine but her belligerent and bitter deportment is a real turn off. She likes to talk about issues she has no clue of and whenever you point out gaps in her knowledge she gets bitter. She likes to throw insults at others but when you insult her back, she flips out like a dog whose tail has been stepped on.

You have enormously more patience than me David as you have continued to put up with her bitchy attitude for so long and have given her chances in the past that she didn't deserve. If you ignore her, your forum experience will get much more pleasant, like mine did. If you need female opinion on something just ask pas or joan.They are really sweet and classy women.

Anyway, that's what I have to say about hairblues. You will never see me mentioning her name again. She is non-existent to me.

This, I've put several users here on ignore because I got tired of their crap, especially when you bother to check the alerts only to find out it's one of their useless comments. I always feel like this:

9528078.gif

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
This, I've put several users here on ignore because I got tired of their crap, especially when you bother to check the alerts only to find out it's one of their useless comments. I always feel like this:

KX0Np6w.png

UCA7qlZ.gif

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the elaboration.

Definitely both of the USA, and China, and religion for that matter, have much more sophisticated, and successful, forms of censorship. Eliminating public ownership of the means of photocopying is quite crude.

Just a possible correction, I'm not sure it's needed or not but I'll give it anyway. I am not, nor ever have I been, a communist. I support new deal style policies of the type the USA saw under FDR, which Clinton/Bush/Obama/Trump have worked hard to dismantle. Bernie Sanders was the candidate I most liked. All of them are capitalist they just adjust some of the rules. Right now infrastructure, living standards, and life expectancy are declining in the USA, and I'm afraid for where the country is going.

I still disagree with your analysis. You say it "rotted from the inside out", and I'm not denying the poor leadership, but you leave out that they were in a difficult (re: impossible) situation. They lost 40 million lives in the two world wars, and they were economically cut off from the western countries. The top German scientists, such as von Braun, were mostly absorbed by the USA, not the USSR. The vanquished empire of Japan was occupied and economically aligned with the USA, not the USSR. The USSR was never going to win the cold war.

It is also the case, that once that system collapsed in ~1990, the USA made a strategic choice to try and plunder the former USSR, which was working great for ten years. I think it was the wrong choice and it's led to a lot of the blowback, similarly to Iran and the overthrow of the Shah. Even if we agree that the USSR's problems were mostly internal, the Clinton/Bush policies have caused a lot of damage.

I think it's important to remember that neither ideas, communism nor capitalism, are bad in their original form. It seems only that they both have a self-destructive long term path programmed deep inside. Why? Well, while it's harsh to admit it, they both (for the most part) assume the ''inner good'' in people. In communism, it's very apparant; if the leader (or the small group of them) have good bacis ethic and moral principles, they will easily project those on the people. Hence why your point about good vs bad leadership may be the most important one in explaining Putin popularity and Russia's development in the last ~40 ys(and the many causalties ofc). On the other side, it seems capitalism slowly corrupts entire populations. How? Well, the whole system is based upon that every man should chase his desires, and only his. It results in a very cold, self-centered society which gradually breaks up family-structures, trust etc. Why does everybody think that if you lessen the tax burden on the rich, it will make jobs for the ''middle-class''? This may, to a degree, have worked before the mass-automatization and robotics era. Many studies have shown that, when robots move in, workers move out. The rich don't care about the less fortunate. No no, they care about their pockets. Only before, they needed their feet, hands and brains. Now, it's mostly the last. For now... Sadly, high IQ doesn't necesarilly correlate with good ethics. Truly is a chaotic era to be alive in.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm shocked that I'm ranked so high in the likes. There are some posters I consider more interesting, but I guess they probably don't post as much, so they have fewer likes.

An issue with the liked to post ratio is that it screws long term posters, who were posting here before there was a like function. @WhitePolarBear is the most obvious example.

What I suggested to the mods is to count the number of times you get quoted. I think that's the most ideal way to measure the quality of someone's contributions. It could also be applied retroactively.

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm shocked that I'm ranked so high in the likes. There are some posters I consider more interesting, but I guess they probably don't post as much, so they have fewer likes.

An issue with the liked to post ratio is that it screws long term posters, who were posting here before there was a like function. @WhitePolarBear is the most obvious example.

What I suggested to the mods is to count the number of times you get quoted. I think that's the most ideal way to measure the quality of someone's contributions. It could also be applied retroactively.

It's actually a great idea. Especially considering you yourself are one of those posters. But you are well aware of it. :p

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
>Definitely both of the USA, and China, and religion for that matter, have much more sophisticated, and successful, forms of censorship. Eliminating public ownership of the means of photocopying is quite crude.

Crude, but more to the point of this conversation, economy-killing. All the prohibitions against travel and communication with the outside world, and each other, made business impossible of course. And hell that wasn't just an unintended consequence but a tenet of communism, including state ownership of property, means of production etc etc. There was never any intention for people to prosper, and with the complete lack of incentive people just stopped working. On this point when you make comparisions to certain places in the USA today I agree with you. The disinterested looks of store employees and complete lack of interest in serving customers I saw then, for example (and they were famous for it as you probably remember), you can see in many stores in the US now. It's the look of people who are stuck in low paying jobs they don't like, don't see any possiblity of change, and who won't get fired for not doing anything.

>The vanquished empire of Japan was occupied and economically aligned with the USA, not the USSR.

And they were, and are, very glad of it. Speak to the Japanese about their experience with the Americans after WWII and then speak to the E. Europeans about their experience with the Soviets. You have nothing to say about what the Soviet Union did to E. Europe. I lived there soon after the Soviet Union collapsed and let me tell you they were happy when it happened. Talk to some Polish people about it. (obviously though some other places did not fare as well in their treatment by the US since WWII, including the example you gave, Vietnam etc.)

Yes, the USA had an outstanding foreign policy in 1945. There were stupid ideas circulating, but they were ruled out in favour of good ideas such as the Marshall plan. They rebuilt Japan and Germany, it contributed to Anerican weakness but also to Anerican strength.

My sister works in high end retail and she is unhappy about it. She does "well" as she caters to rich people, selling $1,500+ perfume. However the long term is not Rosy. Retail is dying due to various forces, such as declining economy and Amazon. I passed by her shopping mall recently and it was a ghost town.

Where she lives, it might last a little longer due to rich housewives having shopping as their favorite hobby or among their favourite hobbies. What is booming though are factory outlets, and dollar stores. Places like Sam's Club, Target, Costco are probably doing great.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

I've added her to ignore. I made an honest effort to repair my rapport with her but ultimately she wanted to fight. Since she's the only person here I'm fighting with, I know that I'm not the problem and I'm content with that knowledge. I was previously fighting with other people too, such as WhitePolarBear, but they've all been able to move forward as have I.

I am somewhat embarrassed and ashamed by the amount of time I spend here. It's a decent hobby but I'm sure I'm past the point of diminishing marginal returns. The idea that other people might actually be thrilled engaging in endless flame wars that go nowhere is nauseating to me. Given that we spend so much time here, we might as well make it productive rather than destructive.

Joan and Pas are both wonderful, thoughtful women. I like Samantha, Evil Locks, Parisienne as well. For the most part the caliber of women here has been very high. It sucks that none of them have had a positive response to treatments.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Joan and Pas are both wonderful, thoughtful women. I like Samantha, Evil Locks, Parisienne as well. For the most part the caliber of women here has been very high. It sucks that none of them have had a positive response to treatments.
Never knew there was that many women here.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Come on she is not that bad. I like hair blues. :)

I'm not bad and I am not good, I am just me.
He said he was 'done' 3 days ago..yet he is still posting editorials about me
end of the day it takes two to fight.
I'm not fighting by myself. Ever.
He proved me right--he could not handle me on his own so he tagged PJ..it's weak.

As for PJ the man is sick in the head to be 100% honest.
He is not even worth typing about--go view some of his views on both women and race (he thinks black face is not racist for example).

I don't look for fights but for sh*t sure I will go down in one.
why come to a anonymous forum if I am going to screen myself?
It is not going to happen.

Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like we checked our privilege after all.

well it was a interesting juxtaposition to see after PJ refereed to me as 'bitchy bitter old woman' ;)
I don't think of you as privileged Dante.
I know you have it rough.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is interesting that I have that many 'likes' on a mens sub forum.

Ya it is a huge number.

To be honest, and I say this with all due respect, I have kinda always seen putting people on ignore as a pretty weak move. One can choose to just ignore a post without responding to it. Using ignore, especially when one is responding to the person up until the point it's used, is kind of like saying, I just can't bear to see these posts, and if I do happen to see them I can't stop myself from responding to them. And you're also not seeing what's actually happening in the forum when you use it.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya it is a huge number.

To be honest, and I say this with all due respect, I have kinda always seen putting people on ignore as a pretty weak move. One can choose to just ignore a post without responding to it. Using ignore, especially when one is responding to the person up until the point it's used, is kind of like saying, I just can't bear to see these posts, and if I do happen to see them I can't stop myself from responding to them. And you're also not seeing what's actually happening in the forum when you use it.

Only users I have on ignore are people that post so much inane crap, like nameless and rclark, that it actually becomes a chore scrolling through their endless bullshit. I enjoy a bit of spike and conflict so I wouldn't ignore someone who wants to argue, I think @hairblues is the same.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya it is a huge number.

I do like a good fight I am not going to lie
but that sh*t with David has built up over many many fights..
He is very good at dishing it out but he cannot take it back.
He will use words like 'inane' where I will just say 'stupid', one just sounds better but both have same core meaning.
so he kids himself and perhaps others, that he is not being insulting...but he is extremely insulting to people.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Only users I have on ignore are people that post so much inane crap, like nameless and rclark, that it actually becomes a chore scrolling through their endless bullshit. I enjoy a bit of spike and conflict so I wouldn't ignore someone who wants to argue, I think @hairblues is the same.

In all due respect Dench you were interacting with rclark prior to having heated interactions with him. I remember that you were mad at him for disliking your old posts from 2015. You added him on ignore subsequent to that display of immaturity. You also made an honest effort of explaining your Pov beforehand.

You and I are the same in this regard :)

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I like Samantha, Evil Locks, Parisienne as well. For the most part the caliber of women here has been very high.

Evil, Samantha and Parisienne are really nice. Too bad Evil has decided to quit the forum. Parisienne hasn't posted for a while.