This Whole Thing Reminds Me Of Racism And Discrimination

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are very angry and belligerent all the time, which is why I've given up on you. I gave you an honest chance and I'm happy with that.
r.

Im not angry or belligerent David this is what you write when you start sh*t with me and i hand it back to you.
This is your go-to MO.
I'm a very happy women especially the past few weeks as my hair has regrown a lot and I am dating again.
I just see through you.
The people I have really fought with and hold a grudge against I have 0 respect for
And that includes you and Pj, DBW and Rick--that's great company to be within.
Everyone else i have debates with but I never hold a grudge because I find them to be authentic, imperfectly-perfect..they may irritate me in the moment as I am sure I irritate them but it's quickly forgotten on my own end. I cant speak for them.
And frankly neither can you.
I just see through you David.
You want to make me out to be the 'angry woman' who looks to start sh*t.
No I just will not allow you to 'finish' it with your bullshit thinly veiled insults.
The other day you said 'you indulged me for x amount of time"
You give as good as you get and 9 out of 10 times you start it with passive aggressive bullshit you just suck at finishing it.

Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE="David_MPN, post: 1470720, member: 117379"

I hope you go out and enjoy it rather than stay indoors all day rather than ruminate in your anger.[/QUOTE]

I am sitting on a dark sound stage waiting on lighting...but thanks for your genuine concern.
:)

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
And that includes you and Pj, DBW and Rick--that's great company to be within.
I'm flattered to be compared to @pjhair.

As for DBW and Rick -- oh my god, there's one person in the whole world who equates me to them !

I'm a very happy women especially the past few weeks as my hair has regrown a lot and I am dating again.
Then maybe leave the house and focus on your job instead of replying to every post within 5 minutes.

I know with absolute certainty that you'll be here all day, until 4:00am or later, if I keep replying to you. Getting the last word is more important to you, more important than living your life.

But I for one do have better things to do -- so have a nice day :)

ETA: Rick is an anti-semitic a**h**, but the way I phrased my post is unfair to DBW. That guy (who I think is banned) had major anger issues, but he also had intelligence and his anger was due to legitimately difficult life experience. I'm glad that Rick is banned, but wouldn't mind DBW coming back.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

As for DBW and Rick -- oh my god, there's one person in the whole world who equates me to them !

LOL look at mr passive aggressive looking for PJ to pile on because he cant handle a one on one argument.

So pathetic.

Im not comparing you to PJ as much as I dislike PJ I think he is at least 'real' and can handle his own battles. In fact so can DBW and Rick.
You my dear are not real and can't handle me on your own so you just paged back up.
Weak.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

\\
Then maybe leave the house and focus on your job instead of replying to every post within 5 minutes.

I am at work and I have a lot of down time waiting between takes...so yes if you keep quoting me, calling me out with your negative petty bullshit I will keep posting back because I am being paid to sit on my *** and be available and do almost nothing for 80% of the day except take care of a bottle in the shot..my job is $750 for the day to sit on my *** and take care of a 'bottle' between takes, it's not exactly rocket science..

What are you doing to be able to post so much yourself? Don't you have an intellectually taxing and important job to keep you above such pettiness? I mean I really thought debating with me was beneath you? You keep saying you are 'done' yet you keep quoting me.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are Indians aware that India is the cool place to go to for Israelis after their military service? Or is it too obscure for such a gigantic country to be aware of?

No, this is not largely known to Indians. However, there is definite fondness for Israel and Jews among Indians, especially Hindus. Anti-semitism is pretty much non-existent in India. Jews are universally beloved by Hindus as they are seen as people suffering from similar issues that Hindus have. Unfortunately, for 65 out of 70 years since India's independence, left leaning party, Congress, had been in power. They refrained from establishing stronger ties with Israel in fear of offending India's Muslim population. However, fortunately, right wing party BJP came to power in 2014. They don't give two fucks about what Muslims think. They are pro-Israel and are pursuing stronger ties with the country. In fact, for the first time in India's history, an Indian prime minister is going on an official visit to Israel. Can you believe it? Thanks to Indian lefties, it took 70 years for an Indian PM to visit Israel, India's most reliable friend by far.

Last edited:

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You lived there in the 1990s correct? That's when the country was borderline dying. That was part of my point. It's largely due to how badly the country was doing in the 1990s that Putin's popularity is very high now.

Similarly, it's been pointed out by others that if Trump succeeds in creating middle-class jobs he'll end up being tremendously popular, as he'll have stopped the misery now characterizing large swaths of America, in places like Flint, Michigan that don't even have clean water. However, honestly, I don't think he will.

Yeah, in the 1990s. But the anecdotes I mentioned were always true there, not just when I was there. I know what I am saying and if I started talking about bread lines and crime then yes the time frame would be relevant. But it isn't in regards to my comments.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
ETA: Rick is an anti-semitic a**h**, but the way I phrased my post is unfair to DBW. That guy (who I think is banned) had major anger issues, but he also had intelligence and his anger was due to legitimately difficult life experience. I'm glad that Rick is banned, but wouldn't mind DBW coming back.

I agree. I found DBW quite intelligent. He was also very funny. Too bad he doesn't post anymore.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
DBW was great. Total f*****g nutcase

78uEfgH.png

UNdj7ae.png

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, this is not largely known to Indians. However, there is definite fondness for Israel and Jews among Indians, especially Hindus. Anti-semitism is pretty much non-existent in India. Jews are universally beloved by Hindus as they are seen as people suffering from similar issues that Hindus have. Unfortunately, for 65 out of 70 years since India's independence, left leaning party, Congress, had been in power. They refrained from establishing stronger ties with Israel in fear of offending India's Muslim population. However, fortunately, right wing party BJP came to power in 2014. They don't give two fucks about what Muslims think. They are pro-Israel and are pursuing stronger ties with the country. In fact, for the first time in India's history, an Indian prime minister is going on an official visit to Israel. Can you believe it? Thanks to Indian lefties, it took 70 years for an Indian PM to visit Israel, India's most reliable friend by far.
Thank you. I had no idea.

What I've heard suggested, and have not had time to verify, is that Netanyahu spent the Obama years cultivating better relationships with the rest of the world, Africa, Russia, the Sunni states, etc. During that period the US-Israeli relationship was relatively cold. Perhaps closer relations with India are partly Netanyahu's doing. It's a logical thing to do as India is a rising power.

Yeah, in the 1990s. But the anecdotes I mentioned were always true there, not just when I was there. I know what I am saying and if I started talking about bread lines and crime then yes the time frame would be relevant. But it isn't in regards to my comments.
I think it's relevant and maybe it's my fault for not providing more context.

You brought up the lack of access to basic technology such as photocopiers. I think if it had been the only ridiculous thing you had seen, you wouldn't be mentioning it. I assume that you mention it because it's just one example of numerous examples of socioeconomic backwardness. The fact it's representative makes it meaningful. Is my assumption that you were giving an example of general backwardness correct?

I'm partially crediting Putin's popularity to how bad general economic conditions were in 1990s Russia. I've assigned a lot of the blame to US foreign policy. I think they missed an opportunity for closer ties there. I also signed some of the blame to low-quality Soviet leadership in the 1970s, probably the 1980s.

This is a graph of Russian GDP per capita, allegedly corrected for inflation:
russia-real-gdp-per-capita-6baed31aba9188fe.png

That's horrifying to look at.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

What I've heard suggested, and have not had time to verify, is that Netanyahu spent the Obama years cultivating better relationships with the rest of the world, Africa, Russia, the Sunni states, etc. During that period the US-Israeli relationship was relatively cold. Perhaps closer relations with India are partly Netanyahu's doing. It's a logical thing to do as India is a rising power.

I think it's relevant and maybe it's my fault for not providing more context.

You brought up the lack of access to basic technology such as photocopiers. I think if it had been the only ridiculous thing you had seen, you wouldn't be mentioning it. I assume that you mention it because it's just one example of numerous examples of socioeconomic backwardness. The fact it's representative makes it meaningful. Is my assumption that you were giving an example of general backwardness correct?

I'm partially crediting Putin's popularity to how bad general economic conditions were in 1990s Russia. I've assigned a lot of the blame to US foreign policy. I think they missed an opportunity for closer ties there. I also signed some of the blame to low-quality Soviet leadership in the 1970s, probably the 1980s.

This is a graph of Russian GDP per capita, allegedly corrected for inflation:
russia-real-gdp-per-capita-6baed31aba9188fe.png

That's horrifying to look at.

You must have a lot of time on your hands to make these very long well thought out posts, with graphs no less.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's precisely because they suffered in the 1990s that Putin's popularity is high.

The USSR opened up. Gorbachev wanted the USSR to be like the other western countries, to be able to communicate and trade with the USA the way Switzerland and Sweden. The US leadership's response was to interfere in the Russian elections and help install the incompetent Boris Yeltsin, and later on to pry as many former sovet satellites as possible into NATO and the EU, and to break up the former Yugoslavia into irrelevant micro-states. Russia was basically dying in the 1990s, and it's had a bit of a resurgence under Putin.

YeltsinTimemagazine.jpg

One of the guys in my political discussion group is very close to Michael McFaul, who was recently ambassador to Russia and is widely credited with engineering many of the "colour revolutions" that took place in the 1990s and 2000s. All of this information is corroborated.

As it is there is no long-term solution. Russia wants to survive as a regional power and maintain good living standards, education and technology, for its citizens. The United States wants to break up Russia, absorb its natural resource wealth, and discard its last competitor in the global market for weapons sales. This is a zero sum game so there is likely no globally satisfactory solution.

In the 1970s, a temporary peace was achieved, also called detente, because US leadership decided to focus its foreign policy on increasing control of the third world, rather than on confronting Russia. It worked very well, in part because Soviet leadership during that time was quite weak.
You've really got a good *perspective* on the matter David. That's my honest opinion. With due respect to everybody elses opinions, which I personally wouldn't try changing though...

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score

I think Netanyahus efforts may have helped, but India's relationship with Israel was definitely stunted by Indias left and their obsession with pleasing Muslims. Indian lefties are often even more aggressive than Muslim countries themselves in pursuing pro Muslim policies. When Salman Rushdie wrote Satanic Verses, India was the first country to ban the book. It wasn't Iran, Saudi Arabia or Pakistan. Indian left regularly trample basic human rights such as freedom of expression in order to please Muslims. People can and do get arrested for being critical of Islam in the states left leaning parties are in power. Here is an article discussing India-Israel relationship.

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/is...ring-this-critical-relationship-out-of-purdah

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
He was a bipolar and hypocritical piece of sh*t, but quite intelligent, and had insights; his descriptions of some users here were quite accurate indeed.

This is a thoughtful description Dante and very accurate.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Yes but not in the way you think. The lack of access was not due to socioeconomic backwardness, but political. The reason that there was one photocopier isn't that it was so poor, but because in this particular town the people weren't trusted to make copies on their own. It was feared that they might copy something political. In the same way people were absolutely discouraged from ever calling abroad, to do so one had to call the operator (which was govt of course), and in addition to giving info about the party you were trying to reach, give your own name and address, the name of the owner of your appt... communication was discouraged with no regard whatsoever for what effect it might have on the very little "business" that existed. Dude of course there was the cold war, but this is a system that rotted from the inside out, everyone knows that, the people who lived through it most of all. They had a very funny black humor about it which I appreciated. If you had been there you would have been by far the most pro-communist person around... except as a smart person you wouldn't have been because you would have seen for yourself how absolutely backwards and unsustainable the system was at that time. Of course I am not talking about today's post-Soviet world or China which are very different.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes but not in the way you think. The lack of access was not due to socioeconomic backwardness, but political. The reason that there was one photocopier isn't that it was so poor, but because in this particular town the people weren't trusted to make copies on their own. It was feared that they might copy something political. In the same way people were absolutely discouraged from ever calling abroad, to do so one had to call the operator (which was govt of course), and in addition to giving info about the party you were trying to reach, give your own name and address, the name of the owner of your appt... communication was discouraged with no regard whatsoever for what effect it might have on the very little "business" that existed. Dude of course there was the cold war, but this is a system that rotted from the inside out, everyone knows that, the people who lived through it most of all. They had a very funny black humor about it which I appreciated. If you had been there you would have been by far the most pro-communist person around... except as a smart person you wouldn't have been because you would have seen for yourself how absolutely backwards and unsustainable the system was at that time. Of course I am not talking about today's post-Soviet world or China which are very different.

Thanks for the elaboration.

Definitely both of the USA, and China, and religion for that matter, have much more sophisticated, and successful, forms of censorship. Eliminating public ownership of the means of photocopying is quite crude.

Just a possible correction, I'm not sure it's needed or not but I'll give it anyway. I am not, nor ever have I been, a communist. I support new deal style policies of the type the USA saw under FDR, which Clinton/Bush/Obama/Trump have worked hard to dismantle. Bernie Sanders was the candidate I most liked. All of them are capitalist they just adjust some of the rules. Right now infrastructure, living standards, and life expectancy are declining in the USA, and I'm afraid for where the country is going.

I still disagree with your analysis. You say it "rotted from the inside out", and I'm not denying the poor leadership, but you leave out that they were in a difficult (re: impossible) situation. They lost 40 million lives in the two world wars, and they were economically cut off from the western countries. The top German scientists, such as von Braun, were mostly absorbed by the USA, not the USSR. The vanquished empire of Japan was occupied and economically aligned with the USA, not the USSR. The USSR was never going to win the cold war.

It is also the case, that once that system collapsed in ~1990, the USA made a strategic choice to try and plunder the former USSR, which was working great for ten years. I think it was the wrong choice and it's led to a lot of the blowback, similarly to Iran and the overthrow of the Shah. Even if we agree that the USSR's problems were mostly internal, the Clinton/Bush policies have caused a lot of damage.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
>Definitely both of the USA, and China, and religion for that matter, have much more sophisticated, and successful, forms of censorship. Eliminating public ownership of the means of photocopying is quite crude.

Crude, but more to the point of this conversation, economy-killing. All the prohibitions against travel and communication with the outside world, and each other, made business impossible of course. And hell that wasn't just an unintended consequence but a tenet of communism, including state ownership of property, means of production etc etc. There was never any intention for people to prosper, and with the complete lack of incentive people just stopped working. On this point when you make comparisions to certain places in the USA today I agree with you. The disinterested looks of store employees and complete lack of interest in serving customers I saw then, for example (and they were famous for it as you probably remember), you can see in many stores in the US now. It's the look of people who are stuck in low paying jobs they don't like, don't see any possiblity of change, and who won't get fired for not doing anything.

>The vanquished empire of Japan was occupied and economically aligned with the USA, not the USSR.

And they were, and are, very glad of it. Speak to the Japanese about their experience with the Americans after WWII and then speak to the E. Europeans about their experience with the Soviets. You have nothing to say about what the Soviet Union did to E. Europe. I lived there soon after the Soviet Union collapsed and let me tell you they were happy when it happened. Talk to some Polish people about it. (obviously though some other places did not fare as well in their treatment by the US since WWII, including the example you gave, Vietnam etc.)