This Smp Is Amazing, Aided By Gymcel | Page 11 | HairLossTalk Forums

This Smp Is Amazing, Aided By Gymcel

Discussion in 'The Impact of Hair Loss' started by spring15, Jan 14, 2017.

1. shookwun

shookwun Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wrong.

The hair is dht resistant to a certain degree, for those on the advanced norwood scale will generally experiencing donor thinning through out the years.

A lot of agressive baldies also tend to have retro grade alopecia around the neck, nape and around the ears which thins over time; and naturaly.

Nobody's donor is 100% resistant, but if you're on medication you are going to maintain these hairs for many years. No medication and agressive hair loss? Will end up with a thinning look in the future as those hairs die out.

Take a look at ost nw7, and you will see a lot of them have thin donors. Especially the ones who experience baldness at a young age. Over the years that donor area gets decimated.

Dht effects your entire head even if you only see a NW2. Your entire head is slowly being eaten by dht until it reaches it's final pattern

Bklyn_23 likes this.
  2. Bklyn_23

Bklyn_23 Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks for the thorough reply. Makes sense.

3. Dench57

Dench57 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Retrograde alopecia. The hair on the back and sides of your head is DHT-susceptible as well compared to standard Androgenetic Alopecia where side/back hair is immune to DHT. Transplant isn't really an option in RA cases unless you can stop the the donor thinning with meds.

razzmatazz91 and WhitePolarBear like this.
  4. sunchyme1

sunchyme1 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    pretty sure this is what i have. and if i do end up having to just shave it, im kinda glad i have it. id prefer my nw7 to thin a little to lessen the contrast of the bald scalp and donor hair. that fucking thick horseshoe looks terrible against a shiny bald scalp, even when it shaved to the bone

i want it to thin to minimize the contrast.

razzmatazz91 likes this.
  5. Dench57

Dench57 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    do you know how much donor you have? i need to get mine assessed to see what i'm working with

6. sunchyme1

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    more transplants wont make a difference. this is what im trying to say

i understand all of what you said in your last post, but this has nothing to do with my point

all i am talking about here is the way a transplanted hair grows out of the scalp. doesnt matter if you have fucking 10 hair transplants, when you buzz it short, it will always look like a fucking cactus.

i want to know why??? this is all im asking

rclark likes this.
  7. Bklyn_23

Bklyn_23 Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks - I had never even heard of the term retorgrade alopecia. I'll read up on it. Are the causes/treatments different than regular androgenetic alopecia?

8. blackg

blackg Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Why do some transplanted hairs always look too thick and pluggy?

9. hairblues

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    hair-plug.gif

this dr explained it pretty well on cosmetic website.

Hair pl will ugs are almost never used today. The appearance of plugs will give an unnatural appearance, since the plug will have high density of hair follicles, but there will be large obvious areas of surrounding skin without any transplanted hairs. Stay with the proven technique of hair follicular grafting which can give good density and a nice patterned fullness. There is another technique in which a hair flap can be transposed or rotated where greater density is needed, but this technique will deplete a great amount of hair relatively speaking from one given area, but surrounding areas will be very depleted and won't balance to the flap density.

Frank Rieger M.D.

I guess even if you even if not using plugs you still have to take in a balance of density to spacing of follicle groupings of 2-3 hairs.

#209 hairblues, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    rclark and blackg like this.
  10. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thank you guys for explaining all this to @sunchyme1 .

In the end, he's seeking the impossible.

I wish I had an alternative to my approach (SMP effect with a 2000 grafts FUE) in my situation but I don't.

We've gone over this before: a hair piece is never a viable solution.

My donor's limited, if I have 3000 grafts on my second FUE, it will be depleted.

Then I can consider some temporary SMP to polish my final result.

It's that or being slick bald, so of course I'll take some hair over a huge bald head.

I was watching the back of my head yesterday and I really can't go for that second FUE yet.

There's still some hair back there except right behind my FUE where its state is critical, almost slick bald, but not yet.

11. sunchyme1

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    lol you patronizing prick

you lot havent explained to me anything i dont know. you are saying the same things over and over ffs. things i am not talking about.

how the fuck you lot dont understand what im trying to explain is beyond me

fuck it, i cant keep going on about it.

12. cocohot

cocohot Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    lol

13. sunchyme1

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    lol

14. blackg

blackg Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Blow me, sunshine ☀ !

15. LastSamurai

LastSamurai Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I've been researching a lot of SMP videos and clinics this afternoon (the day in the life of a freelancer..)

I'm feeling this could be a really viable option for me at the moment. I'm not against FUE but I haven't lost enough hair for it to make sense.

I feel a good SMP (trico/tricho pigmentation clinic e.g. Milena Lardi,) plus some facial hair could be a really good look.

I think youth is definitely a factor in my favour here. Young ish looking skin and face will help. I've always been told I have a good looking face (not as much as when I was younger and less balding, but I'm grateful that my genetics don't seem half bad), and at the very least micropigmentation will frame it. Also, I've still got a lot of hair on top, so it could blend quite well over the next few years.

It appears darker looking guys, i.e. tanned/latin, black guys will get the greatest benefit. I'm a white guy without much tan, but still I'm feeling very positive about this right now either way.

My main concern is around fading over a few years and how it will look etc.

I could rock this for 10-15 years easily, perhaps into my mid 40's. By then I could look at a hair transplant or hope that there is a real cure, let's see what happens. I'm not holding my breath over the next decade for any new breakthrough treatments though.

SMP isn't perfect but what I'm looking for is something that frames my face, gives me some confidence and keeps me going.

razzmatazz91 and blackg like this.
  16. Cue Bald

Cue Bald Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    it seems that with a lot of hair transplant's, if the hair is grown out say an inch, it comes out wirey almost like pubic hair; rather than straight or curly as it was before - i think the follicle is damaged or distorted when it is implanted; or the shock of implanting it means that the hair doesn't grow out "perfectly".
    i actually had a home electrolysis machine once to remove some body hair (it was called the onetouch, it cost like 20 bux) - it was a piece of shit but it did work - if i didn't fully zap a hair follicle; it would grow out wirey and pubic exactly like a lot of hair transplant grafts do.
    (now I wish I'd kept the few hundred body hairs I removed, for BHT grafts)
    I am not sure if this happens with all follicles or just a few (that just stick out a bit)

I wonder if you could grow out a hair transplant, say you were NW5 and had 10,000 grafts including body hair - how would it look if you grew it one or two inches and used hair straighteners on it.

Here is one of Dr Umar's great results - compared to the badly botched "before" it looks a lot better, but you can still see it is a bit "wirey" - that said I'd much rather have that hair than a NW6

Dr Umar makes a NW6 a NW2

[​IMG]
    you can see in this video he makes a slick NW6 a NW2 - it does look thin, but on this guy who looks in his 50's it looks good, entirely age appropriate and natural. Not sure how good it would look on someone in his 20's though. that is probably the upper limit of what can be achieved with todays technology

17. sunchyme1

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    your prob right mate

im guessing trauma has a lot to do with why the hair looks the way it does after transplanting it

i dont know

i just know it looks like shit when cut short.

rclark likes this.
  18. Thesecondcoming

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Bald hurts here.

Before I'm banned, I want to apologize to admin, Roberto and Wolfpack for my Trolling on the forums months ago. It was wrong and unwarranted and I miss the forums a lot.

Hello to all the members who remember me. I made this account because I wanted to let everyone know I'm going in for SMP in 4 weeks for some hairline work and the results are going to be drastic and I'm beyond excited. Hopefully I'll be able to show the pics.

Hope everyone is doing great. This community is amazing and hilarious.

SteveTabernack, JohnsonDDG and blackg like this.
  19. blackg

blackg Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    How are ya, mate?

rclark likes this.
  20. Thesecondcoming

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Great brother. Hope you are as well.

blackg and rclark like this.