This Smp Is Amazing, Aided By Gymcel

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Retrograde alopecia. The hair on the back and sides of your head is DHT-susceptible as well. Rare but it happens. Transplant isn't really an option in RA cases unless you can stop the the donor thinning with meds.

pretty sure this is what i have. and if i do end up having to just shave it, im kinda glad i have it. id prefer my nw7 to thin a little to lessen the contrast of the bald scalp and donor hair. that f*****g thick horseshoe looks terrible against a shiny bald scalp, even when it shaved to the bone

i want it to thin to minimize the contrast.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Listen man. For someone under a NW3 and doest have agressive hair loss a doctor can transplany and match densities to a certain degree. One transplant not a chance, but a second transplant grafting over can add density and almost achieve a seemingly same comparison .

But you need to understand almost nobody you meet has perfectly terminal hair unluss they are like Jame, dht resistant to the max.

I see what you see. The graft after a transplant take on a crater spacey look where it loos like there's cracks and missing holed all over the scalp. Grown out you won't see a difference, but if your plan is to keep a buzz then you will need a couple transplants max harvesting over the same area.

You're not a god candidate for hair loss given yur state of mind, of perfection is what you seek then get yourself a prosthesis and glue it on your head.

A transpant can and in most cases looks great. Not everyone is a good candidate however, we must take in consideration the state of someone's hair loss, pattern, hair calibre, color and skin contrast when making a decision.

If your plan is to keep your hair buzzed with a vain mind set towards perfection then have fun grafting 6k on a frontal hairline and exerting alll your grafts with a monks crown.

Everyone understands what you're pointing out. Again, we cannot 100% replicate non effected dht resistant hairs in the side and back, but we can get an appreciable result for most

For people wih fine hair such as myself 2000 grafts on the frontal third and mid region is not enough. Its pluggy in my case under the right lighting, and will require an additional 3000 over the front and mid area. In total 4000 for my front, 1000 mid

Fine Hair people are typically never good candidates unforutantely, but they can be worked with.

do you know how much donor you have? i need to get mine assessed to see what i'm working with

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see what you see. The graft after a transplant take on a crater spacey look where it loos like there's cracks and missing holed all over the scalp. Grown out you won't see a difference, but if your plan is to keep a buzz then you will need a couple transplants max harvesting over the same area.

more transplants wont make a difference. this is what im trying to say

i understand all of what you said in your last post, but this has nothing to do with my point

all i am talking about here is the way a transplanted hair grows out of the scalp. doesnt matter if you have f*****g 10 hair transplants, when you buzz it short, it will always look like a f*****g cactus.

i want to know why??? this is all im asking

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Retrograde alopecia. The hair on the back and sides of your head is DHT-susceptible as well compared to standard Androgenetic Alopecia where side/back hair is immune to DHT. Transplant isn't really an option in RA cases unless you can stop the the donor thinning with meds.

Thanks - I had never even heard of the term retorgrade alopecia. I'll read up on it. Are the causes/treatments different than regular androgenetic alopecia?

blackg

Reaction score
Why do some transplanted hairs always look too thick and pluggy?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do some transplanted hairs always look too thick and pluggy?

hair-plug.gif

this dr explained it pretty well on cosmetic website.

Hair pl will ugs are almost never used today. The appearance of plugs will give an unnatural appearance, since the plug will have high density of hair follicles, but there will be large obvious areas of surrounding skin without any transplanted hairs. Stay with the proven technique of hair follicular grafting which can give good density and a nice patterned fullness. There is another technique in which a hair flap can be transposed or rotated where greater density is needed, but this technique will deplete a great amount of hair relatively speaking from one given area, but surrounding areas will be very depleted and won't balance to the flap density.

Frank Rieger M.D.

I guess even if you even if not using plugs you still have to take in a balance of density to spacing of follicle groupings of 2-3 hairs.

Last edited:

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you guys for explaining all this to @sunchyme1 .

In the end, he's seeking the impossible.

I wish I had an alternative to my approach (SMP effect with a 2000 grafts FUE) in my situation but I don't.

We've gone over this before: a hair piece is never a viable solution.

My donor's limited, if I have 3000 grafts on my second FUE, it will be depleted.

Then I can consider some temporary SMP to polish my final result.

It's that or being slick bald, so of course I'll take some hair over a huge bald head.

I was watching the back of my head yesterday and I really can't go for that second FUE yet.

There's still some hair back there except right behind my FUE where its state is critical, almost slick bald, but not yet.

lol you patronizing prick

you lot havent explained to me anything i dont know. you are saying the same things over and over ffs. things i am not talking about.

how the f*** you lot dont understand what im trying to explain is beyond me

f*** it, i cant keep going on about it.

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol you patronizing prick

you lot havent explained to me anything i dont know. you are saying the same things over and over ffs. things i am not talking about.

how the f*** you lot dont understand what im trying to explain is beyond me

f*** it, i cant keep going on about it.

lol

blackg

Reaction score
having a tan is just as important as working out with smp if your a white guy. as is your style

the way he dresses means he can pull off this shaved look and make it look good. it looks smart. its stylish

average looking dudes with no dress sense/tan look stupid/thuggish. old men doing this take it to another level of stupidity

View attachment 47215

good looking stylish black guy/tanned guys = yes
average looking pale guys = no
old men = lol

honestly they should make this illegal for anyone over 40. these stupid old men have no idea how ridiculous they look
Blow me, sunshine ☀ !

LastSamurai

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been researching a lot of SMP videos and clinics this afternoon (the day in the life of a freelancer..)

I'm feeling this could be a really viable option for me at the moment. I'm not against FUE but I haven't lost enough hair for it to make sense.

I feel a good SMP (trico/tricho pigmentation clinic e.g. Milena Lardi,) plus some facial hair could be a really good look.

I think youth is definitely a factor in my favour here. Young ish looking skin and face will help. I've always been told I have a good looking face (not as much as when I was younger and less balding, but I'm grateful that my genetics don't seem half bad), and at the very least micropigmentation will frame it. Also, I've still got a lot of hair on top, so it could blend quite well over the next few years.

It appears darker looking guys, i.e. tanned/latin, black guys will get the greatest benefit. I'm a white guy without much tan, but still I'm feeling very positive about this right now either way.

My main concern is around fading over a few years and how it will look etc.

I could rock this for 10-15 years easily, perhaps into my mid 40's. By then I could look at a hair transplant or hope that there is a real cure, let's see what happens. I'm not holding my breath over the next decade for any new breakthrough treatments though.

SMP isn't perfect but what I'm looking for is something that frames my face, gives me some confidence and keeps me going.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
more transplants wont make a difference. this is what im trying to say

i understand all of what you said in your last post, but this has nothing to do with my point

all i am talking about here is the way a transplanted hair grows out of the scalp. doesnt matter if you have f*****g 10 hair transplants, when you buzz it short, it will always look like a f*****g cactus.

i want to know why??? this is all im asking

it seems that with a lot of hair transplant's, if the hair is grown out say an inch, it comes out wirey almost like pubic hair; rather than straight or curly as it was before - i think the follicle is damaged or distorted when it is implanted; or the shock of implanting it means that the hair doesn't grow out "perfectly".
i actually had a home electrolysis machine once to remove some body hair (it was called the onetouch, it cost like 20 bux) - it was a piece of sh*t but it did work - if i didn't fully zap a hair follicle; it would grow out wirey and pubic exactly like a lot of hair transplant grafts do.
(now I wish I'd kept the few hundred body hairs I removed, for BHT grafts)
I am not sure if this happens with all follicles or just a few (that just stick out a bit)

I wonder if you could grow out a hair transplant, say you were NW5 and had 10,000 grafts including body hair - how would it look if you grew it one or two inches and used hair straighteners on it.

Here is one of Dr Umar's great results - compared to the badly botched "before" it looks a lot better, but you can still see it is a bit "wirey" - that said I'd much rather have that hair than a NW6

Dr Umar makes a NW6 a NW2
watch

you can see in this video he makes a slick NW6 a NW2 - it does look thin, but on this guy who looks in his 50's it looks good, entirely age appropriate and natural. Not sure how good it would look on someone in his 20's though. that is probably the upper limit of what can be achieved with todays technology

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
it seems that with a lot of hair transplant's, if the hair is grown out say an inch, it comes out wirey almost like pubic hair; rather than straight or curly as it was before - i think the follicle is damaged or distorted when it is implanted; or the shock of implanting it means that the hair doesn't grow out "perfectly".
i actually had a home electrolysis machine once to remove some body hair (it was called the onetouch, it cost like 20 bux) - it was a piece of sh*t but it did work - if i didn't fully zap a hair follicle; it would grow out wirey and pubic exactly like a lot of hair transplant grafts do.
(now I wish I'd kept the few hundred body hairs I removed, for BHT grafts)
I am not sure if this happens with all follicles or just a few (that just stick out a bit)

I wonder if you could grow out a hair transplant, say you were NW5 and had 10,000 grafts including body hair - how would it look if you grew it one or two inches and used hair straighteners on it.

Here is one of Dr Umar's great results - compared to the badly botched "before" it looks a lot better, but you can still see it is a bit "wirey" - that said I'd much rather have that hair than a NW6

Dr Umar makes a NW6 a NW2
watch

you can see in this video he makes a slick NW6 a NW2 - it does look thin, but on this guy who looks in his 50's it looks good, entirely age appropriate and natural. Not sure how good it would look on someone in his 20's though. that is probably the upper limit of what can be achieved with todays technology

your prob right mate

im guessing trauma has a lot to do with why the hair looks the way it does after transplanting it

i dont know

i just know it looks like sh*t when cut short.

Thesecondcoming

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bald hurts here.

Before I'm banned, I want to apologize to admin, Roberto and Wolfpack for my Trolling on the forums months ago. It was wrong and unwarranted and I miss the forums a lot.

Hello to all the members who remember me. I made this account because I wanted to let everyone know I'm going in for SMP in 4 weeks for some hairline work and the results are going to be drastic and I'm beyond excited. Hopefully I'll be able to show the pics.

Hope everyone is doing great. This community is amazing and hilarious.

blackg

Reaction score
Bald hurts here.

Before I'm banned, I want to apologize to admin, Roberto and Wolfpack for my Trolling on the forums months ago. It was wrong and unwarranted and I miss the forums a lot.

Hello to all the members who remember me. I made this account because I wanted to let everyone know I'm going in for SMP in 4 weeks for some hairline work and the results are going to be drastic and I'm beyond excited. Hopefully I'll be able to show the pics.

Hope everyone is doing great. This community is amazing and hilarious.
How are ya, mate?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Transplants can make the scalp look better. I know guys that try to jump several Norwoods
with ONLY A TRANSPLANT, and not medication. In short, BAD IDEA!

But cutting the hair with a clipper, especially after going down a couple of Norwoods, is always
a bad idea.

I have a terrible, fucked up hairline (beyond Norwood three territory).

Right now, I'm ONLY concentrating on hair growth. Unfortunately, it's hard, but I didn't treat my
hair at a younger age than I did now (I'm near the half century mark, TOO f*****g LATE people).

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shookwun or anyone: I've heard that the back and sides are never supposed to thin out for anyone suffering from male pattern baldness (be it diffuse thinning or receding or both), because as you say they are DHT resistant. Yet my sides and back - even the hair at the very bottom closest to the back of my neck - has thinned out over the years, very visibly. Does this by itself suggest that I may not have male pattern baldness and might have some other condition like a thyroid issue or some such? Or do some folks with male pattern baldness get diffuse side/back hair too? For the record, I have both recession and diffuse thinning.

Baldness can be caused by a lot of things, unfortunately.

It could just be your immune system is too strong, and is killing your scalp.

That is real (Multiple Scherosis, bodies own immune system kills some of the nervous system).

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness can be caused by a lot of things, unfortunately.

It could just be your immune system is too strong, and is killing your scalp.

That is real (Multiple Scherosis, bodies own immune system kills some of the nervous system).

Yeah, I've been meaning to explore the immune angle by visiting an allergist again - I've often wondered if my immune system is hyperactive because I perhaps still have trace allergies which it is trying to fight (successfully, since I have no other allergic symptoms). I had to go for allergy shots for 10 years from age 3-13 then tapered off because I was "cured." I wonder if this is a residual effect of it. I also am part of the asthma (in remission since age 10)/allergies/sebhorreic dermatitis crew. I know my immune system is very strong in general because I tend to only get sick once every 1-2 years, and always at the same time of year (Jan/Feb), and I'm by no means a germophobe.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been meaning to explore the immune angle by visiting an allergist again - I've often wondered if my immune system is hyperactive because I perhaps still have trace allergies which it is trying to fight (successfully, since I have no other allergic symptoms). I had to go for allergy shots for 10 years from age 3-13 then tapered off because I was "cured." I wonder if this is a residual effect of it. I also am part of the asthma (in remission since age 10)/allergies/sebhorreic dermatitis crew. I know my immune system is very strong in general because I tend to only get sick once every 1-2 years, and always at the same time of year (Jan/Feb), and I'm by no means a germophobe.

That's good that your being proactive about it.

It's easy for us to be scared about bad things, and hair loss definitely sucks, because
we can see it in the mirror daily.

That said, don't give up. Even if it is something that might not be able to be fixed.