This Guy Pulls Of Bald Look Very Well

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
^using extremes this is like WPB using Danny Deviot

If i was on an Island I would be worried about 'surviving' every day and my mental state from isolation.

But you'd at least take your bra off? Why not ey?

I dunno it seems like Johnson is still saying hair matters more than just for the opposite sex but to express yourself socially, and David's saying that if you were completely isolated you wouldn't care what your appearance was like, but this isn't really negating what Johnson's saying. That's like a whole other thing.

Also Johnson mentioned looking good for yourself at one point but I think that relates to seeing yourself and feeling good that that's how people see you. In Castaway he didn't even have a mirror really, I think he had a shard of mirror but it didn't seem to be of much use to him.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes and you said it only mattered for dating. I said it mattered for types of human interactions.

And technically hair is functional as it serves as a protector from the sun in the summer and helps keep you head warm in winter.
in general society it makes you be seen as inferior and less valued. especially in groups of guys where trash talk is common its a horrible handicap. just LOL at trying to banter as a baldie

oh i almost forgot too, @Dante92 i won't deny your experiences though as far as humiliation and looks and such

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it did happened. Unfortunaltely that is how society works. People mock you for being bald or ugly, it obviously makes you more and more aware of that jugement on you, but society would like for you to ignore it like it does not even exist or you are exagerating things! It is vicious, and to a point it makes you doubt yourself and ask yourself if you are paranoid.

It reminds me of when my family was denying my hair loss. They were obviously seing it, but wanted me to act like nothing was happening. They prefered to tell me I was making things up than to admit it was there! Made me think they were even more ashamed of it than I was. Not a good feeling.

The worst part is, if I react in ANY way, I'm wrong and I'm even more pathetic in their eyes and in the eyes of society. I can only accept it in silence.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have a fairly humorous experience buying cigarettes. i stood a few feet away and asked the guy behind the counter to buy some cigarettes, and theres a counter thats angled right in front of my bald head. he begins to ask me for my identification, and AS SOON AS THE COUNTER STOPS COVERING MY BALDNESS he stops asking LOL.

That's damn depressing but I couldn't help internally lol. I actually almost feel a bit bad about it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes and you said it only mattered for dating. I said it mattered for types of human interactions.

And technically hair is functional as it serves as a protector from the sun in the summer and helps keep you head warm in winter.

A buzz cut is sufficient to protect your hair from the Sun.

General society's emphasis on hair roots back to sexuality. In an asexual society, haircuts would converge to narrower range of more comfortable styles.

Do you think preteens spend a lot of time thinking about their hair? Because they don't.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But you'd at least take your bra off? Why not ey?

I dunno it seems like Johnson is still saying hair matters more than just for the opposite sex but to express yourself socially, and David's saying that if you were completely isolated you wouldn't care what your appearance was like, but this isn't really negating what Johnson's saying. That's like a whole other thing.

Also Johnson mentioned looking good for yourself at one point but I think that relates to seeing yourself and feeling good that that's how people see you. In Castaway he didn't even have a mirror really, I think he had a shard of mirror but it didn't seem to be of much use to him.

I often will do my hair (I'm not a huge makeup person daily but will groom my brows etc) if I am home doing nothing.
I don't like 'seeing' myself in mirror looking like 'sh*t'.
And I would counter MOST men I have been with LOVE the no makeup-hair in pony tail/came from the gym look/smell.
So I don't really think most men are solely impressed with the 'done up' girls.
Although I do think men prefer hair on a womans head vs bald.

I think if people never liked their reflection maybe this is something they don't really care about I don't know.

I am not seeing impressive examples to counter this so far...Military is a mentality of a 'machine' and 'brother/sisterhood' meaning they are a cohesive group who like to look similar and hyper focus. Same with being a surviro on an island--the reality of this is going to be surviving 24/7. Both are extremes.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
A buzz cut is sufficient to protect your hair from the Sun.

General society's emphasis on hair roots back to sexuality. In an asexual society, haircuts would converge to narrower range of more comfortable styles.

Do you think preteens spend a lot of time thinking about their hair? Because they don't.
Todays kids probably care more about appearance - you can see a massive increase in mental illness and body disorder amongst the youth - its very sad.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We also told you (when we saw your pictures) you're not ugly, even if you're Norwood 5, you're invisible, like many others, but not ugly. Not like me, at least. If you lived here, you would have dealt with some of my same sh*t, I'm 100% sure of it.
thank you. i feel like i'm on the borderline of mediocre looking, and its hard to know whether i'm ugly or not, which is why i hate baldness. i feel i was okay looking when i had hair so its like f***.

if you really are as ugly as you say though, and italy lines up with the american stereotypes you would have these experiences. the only things i know of italians here in america are stereotypes of being vain like the show "jersey shore". and no offense but it seems a lot of trashy types are italian. the "cash me ousside" girl for example.

you need to send me a picture @Afro_Vacancy can vouch for me i never shared his picture when he sent it to me.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Rudiger , a formative experience from me is from the sixth grade. We were having a class discussion about I forget what, and the five most popular girls said that one thing they liked was how nice everybody was.

In my mind, as an unpopular guy, the default was that other people are mean and hateful. But theirs was the opposite. We're they lying?

No, they weren't lying. They were probably honest. What they said reflects how they experience the world. They believe that everybody's so nice because that's what they see.

In general, people who are better looking, wealthier, or otherwise advantaged experience an easier life. Doors open, literally and figuratively. It's not that they don't realize that other people don't get those same doors opened, it's that they don't even realize someone else is opening the door. It's background to them, they don't assume that someone is opening the door, they don't assume that there's a hallway, they just benefit from opportunities with zero fucks given. Meanwhile, other people may not even be allowed to open their own doors, they might encounter brick walls instead.

And those same situations could be taking place a few meters apart with neither side realizing it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
thank you. i feel like i'm on the borderline of mediocre looking, and its hard to know whether i'm ugly or not, which is why i hate baldness. i feel i was okay looking when i had hair so its like f***.

if you really are as ugly as you say though, and italy lines up with the american stereotypes you would have these experiences. the only things i know of italians here in america are stereotypes of being vain like the show "jersey shore". and no offense but it seems a lot of trashy types are italian. the "cash me ousside" girl for example.

you need to send me a picture @Afro_Vacancy can vouch for me i never shared his picture when he sent it to me.

As far as I know you have not shared my pics, but seriously man how would I know?

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The way I see it, hair are a bit like makeup. They are part of rituals since forever (think about anciant Egypt) because they have a fundamental value in human life: to make forget aout death. Baudelaire talked about how the art of makeup was actually subtile and existential, it is the mask you put on everyday to fix your image, to acquire stability, to make death go away. It is also the sense it has in Death in Venice. Yes, it is only apparences, it is not vital, but apparences = civilization. What Vendredi (Robinsn Crusoe) does when he land on his island? He recreates the apparence of the world he used to know.
Beauty and power are the purposes of life. Pretty sure this is true for a lot of people. A lot of overlap too because power is beautiful in its own way and beauty is power in its own way

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
forcing you to play their game.

You can't call them out for it, or demand respect or an apology. You can't do anything. You're ugly? Your fault.

Paranoid bastard :p

I am too.

tumblr_mmg0b8OC6x1qgnl6mo1_500.gif

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know - not saying I can understand like I was living it.
Isn't the fact you outstand people in many ways make them respect you though (I am talking about people who know you - not strangers on a shop) ?

No, it makes people even angrier and nastier. How dares an ugly, bald loser be better than them? Same for my colleagues.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it makes people even angrier and nastier. How dares an ugly, bald loser be better than them? Same for my colleagues.

I had this woman who bullied me at my old job.

She was from a rich family, but not very bright and out of her element. There were a lot of people who could have borne the brunt of her anger, I'm pretty sure she picked me as I was somebody who was not supposed to do better than her.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

She was from a rich family, but not very bright and out of her element. There were a lot of people who could have borne the brunt of her anger, I'm pretty sure she picked me as I was somebody who was not supposed to do better than her.
In the stem field there were bullies and dumb people?

How did she bully you?

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm truly sorry. There are truly miserable people out there who just exist to poison and ruin other people's lives.