This Guy Pulls Of Bald Look Very Well

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the stem field there were bullies and dumb people?

How did she bully you?

There are bullies everywhere.

Lots of ways, for example she argued against everything I said.

At one point, after she piped up against me at a meeting, I pointed out to people afterwards that it was the first time in months that she had had an opinion on anything, that it only happens when she needs to disagree with what I say. People were like, "oh right, yeah, that's really strange. "

It was a bit startling during the meeting, I said something very elementary, very basic, all of a sudden this normally intellectually comatose chick starts arguing like she's at a political rally.

She's since left the field.

This is not meant to be specific storytelling, my intention is .or to show one of the challenges of social climbing. A lot of bitter people who feel they're entitled to be on top push down.

supersaiyannorwood6+

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know this is off topic, but do you guys still believe Brotzu or Replicel will be out next year. I have a gut feeling that one of them will be out next year, but I just wanna know what you guys think

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to be careful though because there are definitely people who perceive themselves as victims and they will 'believe' they are being bullied when they are actually not..this is not a 'looks' or 'gender' thing its just a human thing.
A lot of people perceive themselves as victims of circumstance or hard luck or 'whatever' and interact with the world from this 'victim' perspective.
Someone challenging you is not the same as bullying especially an adult
If that were the case--holy f*** I must have been bullied most of my adult life at work and not realized it.
People have given me sh*t and been on my case--I don't ever feel 'bullied'.
I think bullying is very over used word by adults.
Being bullied implies you have no way to stick up for yourself.
Adults are empowered to stand up for themselves most of the time.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If she really did argued against him every time he said something and for no reason I would say it is more than just challenging, no? I don't know if bully would be the right word either, but it sure can feel this way. I am under the impression this kind of behaviour happens a lot in the professional or couple context...

Thanks.

People in science meetings argue and debate and discuss all the time.

This was a little different. This woman never had opinions of her own, her intellectual withdrawal was noted by others and is part of why she's no longer in the field. The only time she ever had any energy to engage anything was if I said something, so that she could violently disagree. That distinction is what allowed the other people in the room to understand that her eruptions were personal in nature.

In a way I feel sorry for her. It must have sucked to attend so many meetings and seminars that were to her boring. And perhaps I drew the ire of her hate because I was engaged. I wasn't the person who asked the most questions but I might have been second or third. To her, somebody else enjoying discussions might have been insufferable.

She and I were on the same contract. I twice has external people ask me, without prompting, if I felt that I was devalued by the fact I was on the same contract as her.

I said no, and since this was confidential, I said that my boss made a mistake and there were better people that he could have hired, which I knew for a fact there were as people on his hiring committee later told me. It's his loss. Though I know what happened and it's an important life lesson. He hired her because she interviewed amazingly well. The moral of the story is that people should hire based on lifetime performance up to that point, and should assign little importance to interviews.

Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If she really did argued against him every time he said something and for no reason I would say it is more than just challenging, no? I don't know if bully would be the right word either, but it sure can feel this way. I am under the impression this kind of behaviour happens a lot in the professional or couple context...

It may be my profession but to me that is not anywhere near bullying.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And you don't want to get violent from time to time? I like being challenged though if someone was constantly arguing with me it would end up badly.

Violent? No, not really we just all 'fight' and argue if we are equals, then we are over it five minutes later.
If its someone above me in title--I have sucked it up for most part.
I have had a few assholes above me ride my *** without any reason when I was young...I had a few times I had to go hide on one of the trucks to shed a few tears.
Never an equal co-worker though usually a superior.
I never categorized it as being 'bullied' and I still don't to be honest.

It is a very harsh field and you have to have thick skin and they will make you develop thick skin very early on.
So what he is recounting my mind is saying 'I don't see the problem other than she sounds really annoying."
Annoying and bullied are not the same thing to me.
Especially she is his work equal not his boss...there is no 'power' over him to fire him.

Last edited:

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
elaborate on "end up badly" o_O

ybJphF0.gif

scorpiolove

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Come on! This is a bunch of G rated hair p**rn for us baldies!
Now I'll go back to feeling like a bag of crushed assholes, Thanks A lot!

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
And you don't want to get violent from time to time? I like being challenged though if someone was constantly arguing with me it would end up badly.

I think people get that I'm not equating disagreement and being challenged with bullying. People disagree all the time (obviously), it's part of science, most of it is not bullying. It's context dependent and depends on tone, situation, content, etc.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think at some point I would lose it. I can support high pressure at work, but if someone is constantly annoying me, I can not stand it, at some point I have to say something. It actually happenened to me once, during a summer job. I was receptionnist for a car store and my superior was always mocking me because I had often books with me, and I was wearing different kind of clothing from them... etc. Lets say they (coworkers and superior) were young girls from the suburbs, not nice with me. At this moment, I was also preping for an exam to teach philosophy. The last day, my superior told me : "good luck on your exam, maybe you will teach my daughter one day". I responded "Thanks. This way, I will be able to tell her "you are as dumb as your mum". Then I said "just kidding lol". Let just say they never called me back to work for them.
lol nice! and you teach philosophy? thats impressive

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Had a bit of heartache tonight.

Was talking to a woman in front of me at moroccan cooking class. She has a teenage son, and he has cystic fibrosis. They are scared shitless that congress/Trump are going to eliminate coverage for pre-existing conditions. The treatments for cystic fibrosis are apparently pretty good now. But ... they cost $35,000/month. I asked her if she'd be moving to Canada and she said they're thinking about it.

There's a lot wrong here. Aside from congress not covering health insurance which it should in these circumstance, these drugs are not worth 35,000/month in the first place.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw the Wonder Woman movie last night with some friends.

It's a well-made movie. The excellent directing, acting, design, and cinematography more than compensated for what was a relatively mediocre screenplay, which is a bit of an unusual situation. I liked it and they did a good job with some situations, for example when Diana confronts the British generals.

It's the first-ever live-action movie with a 100+ million dollar budget directed by a woman. Out if the 300+ previous ones, this is the first time that Hollywood thought a woman might be competent enough to do the job. It therefore helps that Patty Jenkins, a very talented and skilled director, was the person in charge, as she's setting the standard. There are a lot of scenes in there that would have been completely insufferable had they been handled by a lesser director. The whole second act in London was completely sublime, in spite of being corny material. For example there's an absolutely hilarious ice cream scene, it should be irritatingly cheesy, but the directing and the acting make it work. I loved the ice cream scene.

There's also feminist methodology in the movie which I'll describe as competent. It's been stated many times by many people that in these kinds of movies, female characters are objectified, and male characters are idealized. Visualize the difference between a "boob and butt shot" and a "power shot". In more recent years, we've also seen male characters be objectified as well, for example Chris Hemsworth. I've been wondering what an idealized cinematography of female characters would look like, and the movie answers that very quickly. It's seamless. As far as I can tell, Diana is fully idealized. Moreover, she never falls prey to the Madonna/wh*** dichotomy.

The movie did not do what I was afraid it would do. WW is about Diana going up against Ares (the god of war) in a World War 1 backdrop. I was afraid that the movie would reveal that Ares is orchestrating world war I, that would be spectacularly dumb and on par with what we see in a lot of these movies. All smart viewers know that world war I is the product of evil intrinsic to man, and we shouldn't hide that from kids. That's not what happens in the movie. The evil of man in the movie is very much ... the evil of man. The god of war just hangs around to revel in the fun of it. He's not orchestrating world war I, he's enjoying the show. There's a great scene where Diana realizes that people are killing each other independently of the god of war, and she's horrified. She wanted to excuse the war as being due to magical manipulation, but that's not it, evil is within the nature of man.

It was also good to watch as a DC comics fan. I really enjoyed Man of Steel, but Batman v Superman is legitimately one of the dumbest pieces of sh*t that I have ever seen. It left a bad taste in my mouth, and the first few minutes of Wonder Woman was a palette cleanser, with the rest of the movie being enjoyable on its own. I literately thought to myself, about two minutes in, "oh, right, this is what a good DC comics movie feels like".

Wonder Woman is a good traditional hero's epic, very much influenced by Richard Donner's Superman.

Grade: B+

Last edited:

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw the Wonder Woman movie last night with some friends.

It's a well-made movie. The excellent directing, acting, design, and cinematography more than compensated for what was a relatively mediocre screenplay, which is a bit of an unusual situation. I liked it and they did a good job with some situations, for example when Diana confronts the British generals.

It's the first-ever live-action movie with a 100+ million dollar budget directed by a woman. Out if the 300+ previous ones, this is the first time that Hollywood thought a woman might be competent enough to do the job. It therefore helps that Patty Jenkins, a very talented and skilled director, was the person in charge, as she's setting the standard. There are a lot of scenes in there that would have been completely insufferable had they been handled by a lesser director. The whole second act in London was completely sublime, in spite of being corny material. For example there's an absolutely hilarious ice cream scene, it should be irritatingly cheesy, but the directing and the acting make it work. I loved the ice cream scene.

There's also feminist methodology in the movie which I'll describe as competent. It's been stated many times by many people that in these kinds of movies, female characters are objectified, and male characters are idealized. Visualize the difference between a "boob and butt shot" and a "power shot". In more recent years, we've also seen male characters be objectified as well, for example Chris Hemsworth. I've been wondering what an idealized cinematography of female characters would look like, and the movie answers that very quickly. It's seamless. As far as I can tell, Diana is fully idealized. Moreover, she never falls prey to the Madonna/wh*** dichotomy.

The movie did not do what I was afraid it would do. WW is about Diana going up against Ares (the god of war) in a World War 1 backdrop. I was afraid that the movie would reveal that Ares is orchestrating world war I, that would be spectacularly dumb and on par with what we see in a lot of these movies. All smart viewers know that world war I is the product of evil intrinsic to man, and we shouldn't hide that from kids. That's not what happens in the movie. The evil of man in the movie is very much ... the evil of man. The god of war just hangs around to revel in the fun of it. He's not orchestrating world war I, he's enjoying the show. There's a great scene where Diana realizes that people are killing each other independently of the god of war, and she's horrified. She wanted to excuse the war as being due to magical manipulation, but that's not it, evil is within the nature of man.

It was also good to watch as a DC comics fan. I really enjoyed Man of Steel, but Batman v Superman is legitimately one of the dumbest pieces of sh*t that I have ever seen. It left a bad taste in my mouth, and the first few minutes of Wonder Woman was a palette cleanser, with the rest of the movie being enjoyable on its own. I literately thought to myself, about two minutes in, "oh, right, this is what a good DC comics movie feels like".

Wonder Woman is a good traditional hero's epic, very much influenced by Richard Donner's Superman.

Grade: B+

what food did you eat?

did you take any pics?