This Guy Got Insane Regrowth With Daily Dermarolling (along With finasteride And minoxidil)

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have forgoten to ask: What are your thyroid levels? do you have a decent bloodwork done on this?

Yeah had my thyroid tested multiple times. Its normal. Im completely normal as a guy with male pattern baldness except that dutasteride doesn't lower my DHT.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you receive the full thyroid test or partial?

Thyroid problems are supposed to cause general hair loss in a diffuse pattern. Not Norwood pattern. I have just basic standard Norwood pattern hair loss. Nothing unusual.

So I honestly dont remember how it was tested and don't worry about that at all. No one in my family has thyroid issues. I have no symptoms of thyroid issues.

If you're a guy in your 20s or 30s balding in a Norwood pattern with no other noticeable problems, it's almost certainly male pattern baldness almost every time.

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think about Somebody's claims? he said he saw the most regrowth with daily dermarolling. How is it even possible to dermaroll daily? he says he doesn't press too much, only partial scarring or something... still, I don't see a good idea in doing that daily, but I can't deny the pictures.

There was a study in mice where they microneedled five days a week, and pretty deep too, so it's not unprecedented.

Whether it's a good idea or not I can't say because I don't know enough about it.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thyroid problems are supposed to cause general hair loss in a diffuse pattern. Not Norwood pattern. I have just basic standard Norwood pattern hair loss. Nothing unusual.

So I honestly dont remember how it was tested and don't worry about that at all. No one in my family has thyroid issues. I have no symptoms of thyroid issues.

If you're a guy in your 20s or 30s balding in a Norwood pattern with no other noticeable problems, it's almost certainly male pattern baldness almost every time.

I know, but I meant, people that get good regrowth from what i've seen always have a good thyroid tone. The thyroid is responsible of delivering energy.. and it requires a certain amount of energy to create the hair, so it always help to have it working fine. I need to fix that myself, my tsh levels always come up higher than ideal.

My take on your case is, you have a certain gene mutation which doesn't break the 5-ar inhibitors you are tried properly so you are most likely pissing out the finasteride/dutasteride and does nothing on you.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know, but I meant, people that get good regrowth from what i've seen always have a good thyroid tone. The thyroid is responsible of delivering energy.. and it requires a certain amount of energy to create the hair, so it always help to have it working fine. I need to fix that myself, my tsh levels always come up higher than ideal.

My take on your case is, you have a certain gene mutation which doesn't break the 5-ar inhibitors you are tried properly so you are most likely pissing out the finasteride/dutasteride and does nothing on you.

That's my conclusion as well. Rare gene mutation in my 5-AR enzyme. I know dutasteride up to 2.5 mg per day does nothing on me. I never got a chance try high dose finasteride and then test my DHT to see if finasteride could "break through" and have some effectiveness at 5 mg or more per day. But who cares? I found an alternative solution that I'm happier with anyway.

Definitely fix your thyroid if it's out of balance.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow @IdealForehead, you really went nuclear with dutasteride. I tried 1 mg but the sides were too much for me. Especially Brain Fog

Last edited:

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It wasn't nuclear for me. I'm genetically resistant. It did absolutely nothing in my body at all. That's the point. My DHT levels were unchanged.

OK, i get it. You didnt suffer any sides cause it wasnt doing anything to DHT.

What do you think of Breezula? I know you are on Darolutamide, but it seems kind of dangerous, its pretty serious stuff

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't buy that for a second, for a few reasons:
1) There's no evidence that the APM is required for terminal hair growth. In fact, sea otters don't have APMs and their hair does just fine.
2) The connection to the APM is severed during hair transplants. After transplanting the new hair follicle, the follicle establishes a new APM connection. Also, Tsuji's hair germs (using just the dermal papilla cells and epithelial stem cells of the follicle) also organize perfectly fine into a fully functional HF, and these establish APM connections as well.
3) Actually, A.G.A is highly reversible in many cases. It's just that current treatments don't effectively reverse it. One exception: Strong anti-androgens combined with 17beta-estradiol. Even though not everyone who uses these gets amazing results, reversal of multiple Norwoods happens reasonably often. With conventional treatments, this happens very rarely. But the results of transgenders blow away a lot of these ideas.

I think to best explain this phenomenon, we should look at analogous characteristics of similar traits to A.G.A. What are similar traits to A.G.A? Any other developmental hair growth trait, basically. Unibrows, eyebrow thickness, beard thickness, body hair, etc. We can see this from the genetics of these traits. I discussed this before:

What can conventional treatments do for facial hair growth, or forehead hair growth? Well, here are some "good responders" to minoxidil.

View attachment 83722

View attachment 83723

That's a lot of peach fuzz, but will those girls ever grow a beard like this on just minoxidil?

View attachment 83724

Probably not. Minoxidil isn't enough to compensate for lack of the powerful hair follicle development program the genetic data implicate (probably launched in response to DHT). Same might apply to A.G.A - minoxidil very rarely regrows thick terminal hair in slick bald areas (one of the very rare exceptions is of course Somebody). Meanwhile, one thing that does seem to activate the fundamental developmental pathways in frontal scalp HFs is 17beta-estradiol, but that's a post for another time.

Come ooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

With the proper tools, a lot more probably would.

I have tiny, translucent hairs all over my forehead. I'm glad that they have not responded that way to minoxidil. I'd look ridiculous.

Or I'd just get them lasered off ...

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think about Somebody's claims? he said he saw the most regrowth with daily dermarolling. How is it even possible to dermaroll daily? he says he doesn't press too much, only partial scarring or something... still, I don't see a good idea in doing that daily, but I can't deny the pictures.

I dermaroll whenever I get the chance, 1 or 2 or 3 times a week. I do it a few minutes at a time, I start at the crown and work my way to the hairline.

Am I supposed to bleed and turn into a strawberry? Because I don't.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have tiny, translucent hairs all over my forehead. I'm glad that they have not responded that way to minoxidil. I'd look ridiculous.

Or I'd just get them lasered off ...

dude can you laser off a certain area of hair?

i have a badly receding hairline but with really strong temple points. there not far off my eyebrows. it makes the receding look even worse. i want to get rid of those points to balance it out more

kind of like this

temple pointss.png

is this possible?

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dermaroll whenever I get the chance, 1 or 2 or 3 times a week. I do it a few minutes at a time, I start at the crown and work my way to the hairline.

Am I supposed to bleed and turn into a strawberry? Because I don't.

It depends. How deep are you dermarolling?

In my case for example, 1.5 mm. I bleed only if i try too hard.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
dude can you laser off a certain area of hair?

i have a badly receding hairline but with really strong temple points. there not far off my eyebrows. it makes the receding look even worse. i want to get rid of those points to balance it out more

kind of like this

View attachment 85432

is this possible?

You can but that seems like a bad idea.

You should keep the temple points, it will look better once @IdealForehead gives you the cure, or when you add a transplant on top.

In the meantime, test it out with an electric razor, the same one that you use to shave your beard. You'll see that you look worse without the hair.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends. How deep are you dermarolling?

In my case for example, 1.5 mm. I bleed only if i try too hard.

1.5 mm, I don't usually bleed, though sometimes I see 1 or 2 drops of blood.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can but that seems like a bad idea.

You should keep the temple points, it will look better once @IdealForehead gives you the cure, or when you add a transplant on top.

In the meantime, test it out with an electric razor, the same one that you use to shave your beard. You'll see that you look worse without the hair.

im too far gone to bring myself back to a nw1. best i can hope for maybe nw2.5 with a hair transplant. those points just emphasis the receding too much. looks ridiculous.

lol to the shaver. i already tried this. it looks stupid because you can still see that area. i would need to use a blade or lazer the fuckers off.