This Forum Largely Perpetuates Unhealthy Feelings Surrounding Balding

austintheberg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Having spent a decent amount of time on this forum, it seems like nobody here really tries to hinder the perpetuation of fear surrounding balding, if anything you all make it way worse. This place is loaded with bitter, insecure people who not only perpetuate paranoia about the slightest hair loss and suggest that you get on drugs that can radically change your hormones (i.e. propecia) and cause permanent damage, but also seem to feed into the fear surrounding something that is completely natural and part of being a male. I have had my fair share of paranoia surrounding balding, hair thinning and what have you but have recently realized it is pointless to fear it because for many people it is inevitable.
You have the guys on here who are experiencing minor hair loss who freak out because they believe they are losing their hair and going completely bald and people mock them and make fun of them out of spite or bitterness or what have you. Why? Why not help them in either coming to peace with it or moving past it? It's ridiculous- we are all here for the same reason. The same people on the same forums see a slightly receded, totally normal Norwood 1.5 and say "yeeeep best jump on Finasteride or you'll be bald in 5 years" without even considering the fact that you can *conquer the fear surrounding being bald and embrace it.*
Being bald is not the end of the world. In fact, I know that most people believe it doesn't actually matter. It's natural. It's part of being a man. If it is happening don't run away from it, just f*****g own it and move on with your life, find another aspect of yourself to better aside from your head of hair for Christ's sake. I see people on here who go through so much over their hair, spend thousands of dollars on hair transplants and whatnot and the answer is so mind-numbingly simple- shave your head.
God almighty.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why even shave your head, just grow out the horseshoe. It's natural. What sort of man would feel so insecure that he needs to shave his head just because part of his hair stopped growing.

While you're at it why wear sunscreen. Aging is natural. Own it man. Don't worry about silly stuff like that.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why even shave your head, just grow out the horseshoe. It's natural. What sort of man would feel so insecure that he needs to shave his head just because part of his hair stopped growing.

Skip to 3:14

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
This place is loaded with bitter, insecure people
No sh*t, everybody here would much rather be completely ignorant about hair loss due to having never needed to care.

Life on easy mode:
3f3943d8-cea4-4f6b-96ac-3c25fd3ef24e.jpg

When you look that good, you can spend a whole year doing nothing and people will still think that you're a brilliant leader.

And yes you can shave your head if you want, but you'll be living a more difficult life. It's equivalent to telling fat people to just stop worrying and eat whatever they want. They can do that, but it will detrimentally impact their lives.

Comb_over

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Op, if you can handle baldness, I truly give you congratulations. But the truth is that for most is a life-altering condition. Personally, it has defintely changed my life to worst...

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If being bald is part of "being a man", then why don't all men go bald, as by your logic that's what follows. Ah yes, the answer is just so simple, just shave your head and move on. Be confident, embrace it, all the coping mechanisms used to deal with a physical disfigurement along with a lost identity.

To come across like you do OP is truly sickening, not even acknowledging the differences of which this disease affects us. Some get transplants, others get on medications. If that's what makes someone feel better about themselves let them "waste" thousands of dollars on hair transplants, but don't act all self righteous because the degree of your hairloss or perception doesn't match with everyone.

f*** off.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
No sh*t, everybody here would much rather be completely ignorant about hair loss due to having never needed to care.

Life on easy mode:
View attachment 65688
When you look that good, you can spend a whole year doing nothing and people will still think that you're a brilliant leader.

And yes you can shave your head if you want, but you'll be living a more difficult life. It's equivalent to telling fat people to just stop worrying and eat whatever they want. They can do that, but it will detrimentally impact their lives.

he has NCT...

Anders Persson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Having spent a decent amount of time on this forum, it seems like nobody here really tries to hinder the perpetuation of fear surrounding balding, if anything you all make it way worse. This place is loaded with bitter, insecure people who not only perpetuate paranoia about the slightest hair loss and suggest that you get on drugs that can radically change your hormones (i.e. propecia) and cause permanent damage, but also seem to feed into the fear surrounding something that is completely natural and part of being a male. I have had my fair share of paranoia surrounding balding, hair thinning and what have you but have recently realized it is pointless to fear it because for many people it is inevitable.
You have the guys on here who are experiencing minor hair loss who freak out because they believe they are losing their hair and going completely bald and people mock them and make fun of them out of spite or bitterness or what have you. Why? Why not help them in either coming to peace with it or moving past it? It's ridiculous- we are all here for the same reason. The same people on the same forums see a slightly receded, totally normal Norwood 1.5 and say "yeeeep best jump on Finasteride or you'll be bald in 5 years" without even considering the fact that you can *conquer the fear surrounding being bald and embrace it.*
Being bald is not the end of the world. In fact, I know that most people believe it doesn't actually matter. It's natural. It's part of being a man. If it is happening don't run away from it, just f*****g own it and move on with your life, find another aspect of yourself to better aside from your head of hair for Christ's sake. I see people on here who go through so much over their hair, spend thousands of dollars on hair transplants and whatnot and the answer is so mind-numbingly simple- shave your head.
God almighty.
I totally agree with you about the forum, however embracing it is not always possible. I think that people balding very early, at around 16-28 should do something about it because nowadays your looks has a great impact on you because of social media, school etc.

abcdefg

Reaction score
There are a lot of ways to look at male pattern baldness. Natural part of being male? Some very old men with perfect hair would like to say hi. Its certainly not something that happens to everyone.

Life on easy mode:
View attachment 65688

Yeah look how young that guy looks for his age. Think about the 19 year old Norwood 4+ and how old he looks in comparison when in reality he is so much younger. IMO for men hair just plays a huge role in how old someone looks because for most men hairline is an indicator of age.
If there are disadvantages to being male over female male pattern baldness is one of those things

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
ruins all face
I am sure he still slayed in his prime. I would take his NCT any day to have his hair for a lifetime. The prime minister of Canada has him beat in looks and hair.

Last edited: