Thinning Crown (needs To Be 7 Words Long)

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How about your family history ?
ill repost from 1st page
"People have been telling me I've got my mothers genes when it comes to hair because her temples look like mine and we have the same hair colour (my dad's got brown hair,kind of curly on the old photos that ive seen of him, Norwood4 at the age of 50). Grandfather on his side was NW4-5 and grandfather on my mothers side was NW2 , if he had any hair loss at all."

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get on the finasteride today and live as a slayer the rest of your life. Go past norwood 2 and you're phucked for good.
what i'm seeing in internet drug stores in here is Finasteride accord 1mg , distributed by "Accord Healthcare Limited, UK".
what worries me is that it's too cheap (like 5 euro for 28 pills which is ridiculous). Could it be of lower quality?

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ill repost from 1st page
"People have been telling me I've got my mothers genes when it comes to hair because her temples look like mine and we have the same hair colour (my dad's got brown hair,kind of curly on the old photos that ive seen of him, Norwood4 at the age of 50). Grandfather on his side was NW4-5 and grandfather on my mothers side was NW2 , if he had any hair loss at all."
You may be following the same pattern as your father. You're receding, but very slowly. Let's assume you'll be Norwood 4 at the age of 50 like him, so i would advice you to start with minoxidil and nizoral for now and wait because it won't be noticeable for like 15-20 years at least even without treatments. And if your baldness started to be aggressive then you can jump on finasteride, but for now finasteride with it's side effects like depression and sexual sides, it's not worth it. You're a young man you still have a life ahead of you to live.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You may be following the same pattern as your father. You're receding, but very slowly. Let's assume you'll be Norwood 4 at the age of 50 like him, so i would advice you to start with minoxidil and nizoral for now and wait because it won't be noticeable for like 15-20 years at least even without treatments. And if your baldness started to be aggressive then you can jump on finasteride, but for now finasteride with it's side effects like depression and sexual sides, it's not worth it. You're a young man you still have a life ahead of you to live.
he started losing it in his mid to late 20s though

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
what i'm seeing in internet drug stores in here is Finasteride accord 1mg , distributed by "Accord Healthcare Limited, UK".
what worries me is that it's too cheap (like 5 euro for 28 pills which is ridiculous). Could it be of lower quality?

99% chance it is exactly the same as the brand name. What I do is buy brand propecia and cut it into quarters. It inhibits a similar amount of DHT to 1mg, don't have to worry about it being illegitimate and its only about $400 a year.

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
he started losing it in his mid to late 20s though
That's mature hairline. Technically mature hairline is male pattern baldness, but it's very slow receding, it takes more years than the average. I'm not an expert, so i don't want to give you an advice that could make things worse for you. The best thing you can do now is to visit an expert dermatologist because he'll know better than most of us.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, i know you're not doctors. I'll surely go see a dermatologist this week but I still appreciate the advices you're giving me.
@JeanLucBB can u answer my previous post about finasteride accord, that thing seems way too cheap, what are the prices where you live at?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, i know you're not doctors. I'll surely go see a dermatologist this week but I still appreciate the advices you're giving me.
@JeanLucBB can u answer my previous post about finasteride accord, that thing seems way too cheap, what are the prices where you live at?

Yeah again, it's probably fine. Generic finasteride is sold at stores in my country for about $15 which is similar to your price in Euros. If you really worry I would recommend buying brand name and quartering it though.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
which brand, i dont know if all of them are distributed in eu

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have early stage of male pattern baldness, yeah you are right start finasteride now

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I was looking at this other dudes topic who has similar hair density to mine and everyone told him he's starting to lose his crown area and stuff, so I thought i'd also ask about what you guys think of mine. It's pretty see through when soaking wet (and I knew thats normal but my hairs length is bigger than his ). I have a cowflick but i think there might be more to it
I've got 3 imgurs, first one is with my hair still dripping water, second slightly wet and the third one being completely dry.
1 - http://imgur.com/a/fST50
2 - http://imgur.com/a/JvxnM
3 - http://imgur.com/a/d1Tvy

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Crown looks fine, hairline looks like it has minor recession. Jump on finasteride asap to be safe. If your hair loss kicks in hydro-gear may be too late for finasteride to stop it.

g.i joey

Reaction score
The last thing you should be worrying about is the crown as it looks 100% fine, seeing scalp there is normal, as long as surrounding hair isn't thinner than the rest of your head. Your main concern is that one side of your hairline, hopefully you caught it early enough and can thicken it back up.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The last thing you should be worrying about is the crown as it looks 100% fine, seeing scalp there is normal, as long as surrounding hair isn't thinner than the rest of your head. Your main concern is that one side of your hairline, hopefully you caught it early enough and can thicken it back up.
Yeah, I'm gonna start fina this month, the thing is I don't even know which one to get. The one by Merck isnt available here and the only one i found (Proscar or Penester) is distributed by "Accord Healthcare LTD".
Matter fact, i don't even know if they sell the Accord in my country, i'll have to check soon.
If that fails I'll have to order from websites out of my country

Last edited: