Thinning Crown (needs To Be 7 Words Long)

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can see some difference in my crown over the past few months, what do you guys think? Know I'm nowhere near bald at the moment but could I be starting the process?
http://imgur.com/a/ZWsR7 new pics (couldn't quite catch the area i'm trying to show in the first few pics so check the last ones as well)

the other two pics are 1-2 months old

Attachments

• 6.png
    6.png
    408 KB · Views: 622
  • IMAG0528.jpg
    IMAG0528.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 813
Last edited:

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No thinning, you still have good hair. Camera flashes bring out the whiteness from your scalp even worse than a regular crappy camera phone.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see.. i'm probably stressing out on my university finals and having a surgery set up in the next couple of weeks. Good to know at least my hair's alright. Stress must've been the reason why i see some hair strands sometimes when I run my hand through my hair.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Screenshot_8.png 3.png 15451030_1165541113531119_1504792199_n (1).png
btw, i've found a pic of me with really short hair from about half an year ago. (3rd pic) and my current lenght of hair at bright sunlight (2nd pic). First pic is taken minutes ago with phone flash.
might be bad lightning but still doesnt quite look right to me
im not sure how people on my other thread can claim my crown is perfect and that i have BDD and if i in fact have a good crown - why can i not see that?

Last edited:

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 55337 View attachment 55334 View attachment 55333
btw, i've found a pic of me with really short hair from about half an year ago. (3rd pic) and my current lenght of hair at bright sunlight (2nd pic). First pic is taken minutes ago with phone flash.
im not sure how people on my other thread can claim my crown is perfect and that i have BDD and if i in fact have a good crown - why can i not see that?

Your crown is absolutely fine. I'm sure of it.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can see some difference in my crown over the past few months, what do you guys think? Know I'm nowhere near bald at the moment but could I be starting the process?
http://imgur.com/a/ZWsR7 new pics (couldn't quite catch the area i'm trying to show in the first few pics so check the last ones as well)

the other two pics are 1-2 months old

Hard to say. What is your background? (Asian, white, etc).

There is always less hair there (usually) on the vertex. Even with people that have thick hair/no balding.

So, that's not unusual. If you are Asian, then I would say probably not. If you are white, there might
be some balding on the vertex.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 55337 View attachment 55334 View attachment 55333

You might be right. It could be a Norwood one stage, starting to form? Compared to the pictures on the right, there does seem to be less.

But it could be stress, which is only temporary.

How is your hairline doing?

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You might be right. It could be a Norwood one stage, starting to form? Compared to the pictures on the right, there does seem to be less.

But it could be stress, which is only temporary.

How is your hairline doing?
Screenshot_6 (1).png Screenshot_8.png Screenshot_9.png Screenshot_10.png Screenshot_11.pngScreenshot_3.png 1.png

Well this is the hairline.I'm not asian. People have been telling me I've got my mothers genes when it comes to hair because her temples look like mine and we have the same hair colour (my dad's got brown hair,kind of curly on the old photos that ive seen of him, Norwood 3 or maybe 4, but it leans more towards 3 i would say at the age of 50). Grandfather on his side was NW4-5 and grandfather on my mothers side was NW2 , if he had any hair loss at all.

I have been under a lot of stress lately but i don't think that's the reason.What worries me is that 1-2 strands of hair come off quite easily when I run my hand through my hair.

Also, i've been able to see scalp in this area pretty easily under phone flash.
Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Don't worry about it, the crown pics look full and healthy. You're going to see some skin if you take pictures of it, your hair is dark, and you have fairly light skin, so the contrast is going to show. It also looks like your hair is reasonably coarse so the hair density is likely to be on the light side, which again means more scalp on the camera.

Your hairline shows some minor recession, but nothing that would indicate balding in your immediate future. I would keep an eye on it though

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't worry about it, the crown pics look full and healthy. You're going to see some skin if you take pictures of it, your hair is dark, and you have fairly light skin, so the contrast is going to show. It also looks like your hair is reasonably coarse so the hair density is likely to be on the light side, which again means more scalp on the camera.

Your hairline shows some minor recession, but nothing that would indicate balding in your immediate future. I would keep an eye on it though
yeah, it's quite noticeable when i'm comparing it to pics from ~ 2 years ago (1st pic) and even late 2016 (2nd pic). It all happened around my exams, when my life became pretty stressful due to them and some other reasons. Hasn't got better since then, hope it doesn't get worse .

Attachments

• Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    52 KB · Views: 247
  • Screenshot_7.png
    Screenshot_7.png
    207.9 KB · Views: 244

g.i joey

Reaction score
Hair is on point at this point, don't worry about it, but keep taking photos every 6 months and check in over here just to keep your mind at ease

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, it's quite noticeable when i'm comparing it to pics from ~ 2 years ago (1st pic) and even late 2016 (2nd pic). It all happened around my exams, when my life became pretty stressful due to them and some other reasons. Hasn't got better since then, hope it doesn't get worse .

How old are you? Since you talked about exams, I assume you're college aged. This kind of recession is normal for that age. Your first pic shows a juvenile hairline, rounded and closed off. I'd say all that's happened is you've receded to your adult hairline. This happens to the overwhelming majority of men, and it's not necessarily indicative of whether the rest of your hair is going anywhere soon. Hell, it happened to me at 14. I'm 22 now and it hasn't budged.